Basel v Chelsea

Jase

Little suggestion guys: More talk about football and less about dogs, please. Thanks

Well more talk is:

Mata and Hazard were arguably the best players around this season. I don't know why @Rupert is getting antagonistic on this subject himself - while at the same time so complaining about haters. I currently have 'The Folly of Fools - The Logic of Deceit and Self-Deception in Human Life' open here and this is a text-book example of that very book. Good read by a world beater by the way :Goober: .

If any 'department' slowed thing down for us, it is the pivot. In transition we 'forwarded the ball' so slow that even our defense felt the urge to hump it forward (Luiz, Cech, ...).

Also, I have been a critic of Torres, but still liked his play the last games (except the actual last - which Rupert agrees on). I believe he might be good once in a more stable environment (Chelsea just isn't an easy club to be a player in as such) - so never for us. We may never have been a match.

Mata seems to be there as a game changer for sure, although some have suggested that he can disappear in big games. I agree on that sometimes (but which player doesn't actually - our goals for player should always be remain rational), but I wouldn't want to miss him - in the easy games but he sure did good stuff in tough games as well. and that is incredible for a guy his age and 'pedigree' in the EPL. Torres was here before, he also was a star in the EPL before ... and doesn't come through. He just doesn't here.

I feel really bad about that. Reasons for that - I put that in another thread.

Hazard?

'What ... is he slow in build up? He holds up play? I think he made a difference going forward in this team on that one, actually. He has inconsistencies, yes. he is 22. But what about our defence, Rupert? I guess that has nothing to do with Benitez' tactical performances (not qualities - sense the subtle difference). If I - at work - agree on a target and do NOT perform accordingly, I have problems. Btw, every work has that. Why are Benitez' performances apparently a open credit line in our beloved SB.

You have an 'idea fixe' - i start to believe, mate.

Everytime I see you post, Rupert. It really IS antagonistic. Never sympathetic, not friendly, nor humoursly intended .... just bitter a bit.

So ... no more dogs and no more bullshit.

Why do you think the way you think? What is the root cause? Without the antagonistic shit? Why do you think what you think?

Ps: If you - or other enthousiasts - ever want to read the standard on bullshit (and I bullshit you not)

http://www.linguistik.tu-berlin.de/fileadmin/fg72/PDF/Peters_PDF/FRANKFURT__H._G.__2005._On_Bullshit..pdf

To quote an interesting passage:

"There is nothing in theory, and certainly nothing in experience, to support the extraordinary judgment that it is the truth about himself that is the easiest for a person to know. Facts about ourselves are not peculiarly solid and resistant to skeptical dissolution. Our natures are, indeed, elusively insubstantial.notoriously less stable and less inherent than the natures of other things. And insofar as this is the case, sincerity itself is bullshit."

:angry::readthemessage:

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reviewing Basel, Rafa mentioned Phillip Degen was one of his players at LFC. He said he was good. Degen was almost permanently injured at LFC - LFC spent most of the time trying to get him well enough to sell him. I think they had to pay Basel to take him. He was a nice guy, and occasionally there were flashes of talent in his attacking play - when he ran down the wing with the ball. He is quite quick for a full back. But defensively he was very poor. If Chelsea turns up focused they should win both in Basel and at Stamford Bridge. I am predicting 2-1

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3156073/title/benitez-another-tough-test?

Well more talk is:

Mata and Hazard were arguably the best players around this season. I don't know why @Rupert is getting antagonistic on this subject himself - while at the same time so complaining about haters. I currently have 'The Folly of Fools - The Logic of Deceit and Self-Deception in Human Life' open here and this is a text-book example of that very book. Good read by a world beater by the way :Goober: .

If any 'department' slowed thing down for us, it is the pivot. In transition we 'forwarded the ball' so slow that even our defense felt the urge to hump it forward (Luiz, Cech, ...).

Also, I have been a critic of Torres, but still liked his play the last games (except the actual last - which Rupert agrees on). I believe he might be good once in a more stable environment (Chelsea just isn't an easy club to be a player in as such) - so never for us. We may never have been a match.

Mata seems to be there as a game changer for sure, although some have suggested that he can disappear in big games. I agree on that sometimes (but which player doesn't actually - our goals for player should always be remain rational), but I wouldn't want to miss him - in the easy games but he sure did good stuff in tough games as well. and that is incredible for a guy his age and 'pedigree' in the EPL. Torres was here before, he also was a star in the EPL before ... and doesn't come through. He just doesn't here.

I feel really bad about that. Reasons for that - I put that in another thread.

Hazard?

'What ... is he slow in build up? He holds up play? I think he made a difference going forward in this team on that one, actually. He has inconsistencies, yes. he is 22. But what about our defence, Rupert? I guess that has nothing to do with Benitez' tactical performances (not qualities - sense the subtle difference). If I - at work - agree on a target and do NOT perform accordingly, I have problems. Btw, every work has that. Why are Benitez' performances apparently a open credit line in our beloved SB.

You have an 'idea fixe' - i start to believe, mate.

Everytime I see you post, Rupert. It really IS antagonistic. Never sympathetic, not friendly, nor humoursly intended .... just bitter a bit.

So ... no more dogs and no more bullshit.

Why do you think the way you think? What is the root cause? Without the antagonistic shit? Why do you think what you think?

Ps: If you - or other enthousiasts - ever want to read the standard on bullshit (and I bullshit you not)

http://www.linguistik.tu-berlin.de/fileadmin/fg72/PDF/Peters_PDF/FRANKFURT__H._G.__2005._On_Bullshit..pdf

To quote an interesting passage:

"There is nothing in theory, and certainly nothing in experience, to support the extraordinary judgment that it is the truth about himself that is the easiest for a person to know. Facts about ourselves are not peculiarly solid and resistant to skeptical dissolution. Our natures are, indeed, elusively insubstantial.notoriously less stable and less inherent than the natures of other things. And insofar as this is the case, sincerity itself is bullshit."

:angry::readthemessage:

I'll be honest i didn't read the whole bit, but i trusted your ability to write a, true, witty, philospical post that i liked it anyway lol. : :D

Dortmund - the weakest team left in the CL against Real Madrid - the richest club in the world with the most expensive team assembled to please a single manager - the self-styled "special one" - the highest paid in the world who insisted on the sacking of the club executives so he would have complete control. Result: Dortmund 5 - Real Madrid 1. What a humiliation!

All his groupies have hung onto every word - believing the propaganda their master and his PR and press agent put out about being wanted by Bayern, PSG, Manchester United, Manchester City, Monaco, Inter and Chelsea. Suckers!

Dortmund - the weakest team left in the CL against Real Madrid - the richest club in the world with the most expensive team assembled to please a single manager - the self-styled "special one" - the highest paid in the world who insisted on the sacking of the club executives so he would have complete control. Result: Dortmund 5 - Real Madrid 1. What a humiliation!

All his groupies have hung onto every word - believing the propaganda their master and his PR and press agent put out about being wanted by Bayern, PSG, Manchester United, Manchester City, Monaco, Inter and Chelsea. Suckers!

Its 4-1 dumbass. Get your fact straight before going on a ranting spree. Id rather lose 4-1 to a brilliant and talented Dortmund than lose to QPR, West ham and waste a 2 goal lead against Reading. Yes those 3 are all relegation fodders.

You talk as if Dortmund are QPResque. One bad result doesn't ruin a managerial career you idiot. Mourinho's managerial record is and always will be better than your beloved Benitez's, facht.

Back to the game, I would prefer saving Cole for our match against Swansea, as he probably won't be 100%. Like someone before stated, league is the absolute priority so it would be great to give the likes of Mata etc a rest but I'm highly skeptical that Rafa will do that.

Maybe you should try out West Ham. If you're unaware of this team, google them, nobody knows them really, just a shit team in the scum part of London. Anyway how can we hate you? You knocked Tottenham out, they forgot to cross their 'T's' so to speak and became Lollenham but anyway we're not underestimating you. You lot are better than Sparta and Steaua, yet they nearly knocked us out and we know what you've done in the past against big teams albeit ... don't take this offensively but it's all counted for shit though. Maybe it's about time you lot make a final and win something. We already have players moaning about being in the UEL and saying they're not motivated for this competition so you do have a chance.

Good luck anyway, let's hope for 2 exciting games. And Fuck Lollenham... i mean Tottenham.

acctually i know west ham - have been 3 times at boleyn ground..... i'm forever blowing bubbles... ;)

I am f*%"%* nervous already......had to take the day off of work....... start with the first beer now! Basel: Sun is shining..beautiful weather.....cold beer......and the biggest game in FC BASEL history! Another day to remember for 1893!

Welcome to all of you blues that came to Basel! Go for some beers in the city Centre (BARFÜSSERPLATZ area) There is Mr.Pickwick Pub - the meeting point for english supporters in Basel! (BARFÜSSERPLATZ is also the place where FC Basel celebrates it's victorys) Very close to Mr.Pickwick Pub you will also find PADDY REILLEYS IRISH PUB - and only 10 minute footwalk from BARFÜSSERPLATZ you'll find yourself in perfect weather at the bord of river Rhine! cross the river and have a chill on the beautiful Bord with a fantastic view at the old city !

Below the picture i posted some videos....just for you to get a further impression of FC Basel ;) hope the videos are available in UK

fcbasel1893hx6.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PehunI6dkjo