Rubin Kazan 3-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Couldn't care less about losing, if we rested Hazard and Mata and got through then happy days. We aren't the only team in the world who relies on a few key players, just look at Barca and their need for Messi against PSG and Reals need for Ronaldo to fire them through bad times. They both look completley different and less threatening teams without their key men just like us when we don't have Mata or Hazard. I feel we will adress this in the summer when Mourinho arrives home.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one of our small 'records' gone, we hadn't lost to a Russian team in Europe - we have now.

Putting Mikel on lost us the game, disgraceful lack of effort. Oscar no better performance but with effort.

Before people start banging on about Oscar and poor performances, please remember he's very young and a young man a long way from home and friends. He was great at the start of the season and will be again next season. He'll learn and become more consistent. Hazard was red hot at the start of the season then went quiet and has come back into form again. Young footballers tend to be inconsistent, with the right management these two will become even better and more consistent.

Oscar's drop in form has coincided with TFSW's dropping him soon after his (wrongful) appointment. In doing that he's possibly effected the lad's confidence, he played excellently under Di Matteo and he's playing poorly under TFSW. I'd play him centrally, he looked good there at the start of the season - there's plenty of hope for him, unlike Mikel who is what he is now and hasn't the scope to be much more. Lacks positional sense/discipline, pace, concentration and consistency of performance

Have people already forgotten Oscar's game-changing goal as a late sub against Sparta Praha? He's a huge part of the reason we're even still in this competition. He can't come on as a sub and score within 33 seconds every game. He's done very well for Chels this season.

Should say re the game, fair play to ....urgh....fsw! Yes I said it, I wanted to see a rested side and he did that even though I said he wouldnt. Manky game and our defending was shite for a change. Seen Ake getting a tough time on twitter, think he had an ok game considering his age and lack of top team experience. Torres took his goal well but did little else in my eyes but then he was given very little to work with. All in all players rested into the semis and onto the FA Cup semi on sunday. That'll do nicely

Will we ever actually win a match without Mata+Hazard?!

Benayoun and Ferriera are painful to watch. Ake had a terrible second half, just running around most of the time, inexperience was shown.

And what the hell is happening to Lamps? :blink:

Couldn't care less about losing, if we rested Hazard and Mata and got through then happy days. We aren't the only team in the world who relies on a few key players, just look at Barca and their need for Messi against PSG and Reals need for Ronaldo to fire them through bad times. They both look completley different and less threatening teams without their key men just like us when we don't have Mata or Hazard. I feel we will adress this in the summer when Mourinho arrives home.

So they're shipping him back to Portugal? He's not that bad. He should try for Reading.

Last week I posted that Rubin would attack and I was concerned about Terry and the defence. Today the objective was to win, not to give up any yellows, not to over-exert ourselves or get injuries on the artificial pitch and rest players. During the match it seemed the plan was being carried out to perfection. Even after the collapse of the central defence the plan was still good.

Torres has now scored 19/20 and today's put us in a good position during the match. After that he was isolated by Chelsea's deep defence, lack of playmakers and lack of speed.

It was well-managed in a pragmatic,ard-nosed kind of way by Rafa.

There was a suggestion of sluggish tiredness about. Can they revive in time for the weekend? I'm not sure.