Man United v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some (awful) stats...

1. Chelsea have only beaten Manchester United in 2 of the last 9 matches in all competitions - W2 D1 L6. In the 9 matches before that, the record reads - W4 D3 L2.

2. Chelsea have not beaten Manchester United in 4 domestic matches when Howard Webb is in charge of the fixture - D2 L2.

Should be fun... :blink:

cech

azpi ivan JT cole

Luiz Lampard

Moses Mata Hazard

Ba

That team should be able to give united a game, provided they turn up and put the effort in. Torres will probably start knowing rafa.

Here's some (awful) stats...

1. Chelsea have only beaten Manchester United in 2 of the last 9 matches in all competitions - W2 D1 L6. In the 9 matches before that, the record reads - W4 D3 L2.

2. Chelsea have not beaten Manchester United in 4 domestic matches when Howard Webb is in charge of the fixture - D2 L2.

More to add...

3. Chelsea are D1 L4 in the FA Cup away at Man Utd.

4. In his time at Liverpool(2004-2010), Rafa Benitez's PL away record against the big teams(CFC, MUFC & AFC then) reads - P18 W2 D3 L13.

5. In 6 visits to Old Trafford, Rafa Benitez has only won 1 of those games and suffered defeats in the other 5.

Edited by BluesMaster

Damage limitation in this one. Now i know how it feels to be a Fulham fan, going to old trafford with the thoughts on how many we will lose by instead of what the outcome will be.

In my whole Chelsea supporting life i expected us to do well against Man Utd away. 93/94 we won 1-0, slightly before my time but they when i got involved... 94/95 we got a 0-0 away, 95/96 we drew 1-1, 96/97 we won 2-1 on my Birthday, 97/98 we drew 2-2 etc etc even when we were average we had the magic touch there.

Now, it feels like it will be a miracle to beat them and we're reigning european champions, as we've been told way to many times in the last few months, mostly sarcastically.

We have the players to beat them, we do, that's the worst part about this. We have one hell of a talented squad but they just are not performing. All is not good in the world of Chelsea FC atm.

Our FA Cup run is about to come to an end. I just fear that we'll get smashed, not just beat but really humiliated. Still.... we or should i say the players, owner and hierarchy deserve it. Part of me wants to see us get hammered just because of who's in charge and sends out a big message to mr Russian Owner.

I actually think we won't play as bad as we did tonight. We probably will change things. Luiz back in MF alongside Mikel hopefully and Cahill back in at CB alongside Branna or JT. Hopefully put Ba upfront too and use Oscar/Mata centrally with Moses and Hazard out wide. I actually think we can beat United, if we play well and it depends if they go full out or rest a few players, like playing Buttner instead of Evra, Smalling instead of Ferdinand or Vidic etc, if they were to rest a few players we'd have a better chance but still need to up the performance. Would prefer to see Oscar starting and Mata on the bench tbh, Oscar got really close to Ba vs West Brom and I reckon he'd do the same. His defensive skills and work rate would be useful against Carrick.

--------------Cech---------------

------------------------------------

Dave-Cahill-JT/Branna-Cole

-----------Luiz-Mikel------------

Moses-Mata/Oscar-Hazard

---------------Ba-----------------