Man United v Chelsea

Jase

Here's a stat that nobody would like.

Javier Hernandez has scored 6 goals in 9 appearances against Chelsea in all competitions with 3 of those coming in the last 3 encounters.

2 of these were scored from blatant offside positions.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope I posted above - we are gonna win!

Feeling Rooney will get sent off ;)

Feeling BA will turn it on ;)

u know they haven't got a red card in England for 1 and half years and since then we've had 12 (in England)

We should have the players watch the ref decisions in the game at the bridge this season before the match for motivation!

not just them. They can watch Community Shield 2010, Moscow 2008, Both of last season's encounters (Mata's seen them at their cheating and luck go to the extremes! Luck and refs last season's 3-1 and 3-2 this season with luck and refs)

We CAN win this game, but then we have to:

1. Realize that United WILL score.

2. Understand that they may have a sick offense, but their defense isnt impressive.

3. Dont hoof the ball too much. We got 3 playmakers...

4. Be really fast on the counter. If its one thing I have noticed its that when we counter fast, use quick passing then we look really dangerous.

5. We cannot play tiki-taka. Simple as.

6. Every player on the pitch has to commit a 100%.

7. The formation:

Cech

Azpi - Cahill/Iva - JT - Cole

Luiz - Mikel

Moses - Mata - Hazard

Ba

If we are down by a goal (or more) in the 60th or so, we should take off Luiz or Mikel and bring on Oscar and play a 4-1-4-1

so u think we shouldn't play Lampard?

Here's a stat that nobody would like.

Javier Hernandez has scored 6 goals in 9 appearances against Chelsea in all competitions with 3 of those coming in the last 3 encounters.

5 in the last 6 another stat. He's also not scored a single goal outside the penalty box this season. He mainly relies on chance (and scoring offside goals). He usually just turns in deflections and stuff like that.

ChelseaTV put on a good collection of all of our wins against Utd. since 1997..... We have out fair share of wins at Old Trafford.... kinda feeling confident we cant nick something at the 'The Theater of Nightmares' tomorrow ! KTBFFH

ChelseaTV put on a good collection of all of our wins against Utd. since 1997..... We have out fair share of wins at Old Trafford.... kinda feeling confident we cant nick something at the 'The Theater of Nightmares' tomorrow ! KTBFFH

We have the best record at Old Trafford from all the English teams, no one has more wins/points there than us, I believe. Even though we have Benitez on our bench, I believe there is a very good chance we can go through, as we sort of know how to play there.

Chelsea must play on the counter, I feel.

If Rafa orders all out attack, Chelsea are getting creamed.

The team is too tired to play an attacking game.

Just look at the Citeh loggers tonight. They were well rested & bombed the other poor team 5 zip.

That´s the difference in playing every 3rd day or resting for the whole week.

Chelsea must play on the counter, I feel.

If Rafa orders all out attack, Chelsea are getting creamed.

The team is too tired to play an attacking game.

Just look at the Citeh loggers tonight. They were well rested & bombed the other poor team 5 zip.

That´s the difference in playing every 3rd day or resting for the whole week.

1. That's how we usually play against Man U anyway

2. The way we have been playing we will not be creamed we will be obliterated

3. Then they can jog on. They have had 2 days off, they are getting paid £80,000 per week. Get on with it.

4. Unlike us and Man U, Man City were already out of European competition. They were also playing a team that will probably get relegated to the 3rd division at the end of the season

5. Like I said, they are professional footballers, some of the best athletes in the world. Is it really asking too much of them to run around for another 90 minutes after taking Thursday's game against a pub team as a light-hearted kick about

I think people are focusing too much on Thursday's game. It's inexcusable that we went into that game with such a shitty attitude but we clearly did and I doubt that'll be the same one on display tomorrow.

Which is why I'm thinking we can win this. I'm going 1-0 to the Blues. A defiant defensive performance and a goal on the break or from a set-piece.

I think people are focusing too much on Thursday's game. It's inexcusable that we went into that game with such a shitty attitude but we clearly did and I doubt that'll be the same one on display tomorrow.

Which is why I'm thinking we can win this. I'm going 1-0 to the Blues. A defiant defensive performance and a goal on the break or from a set-piece.

Theres no way we can be as bad as thursday because man u will cause us to be better and put the effort in. They wern't particularly great and we never really kicked up gears because we were never under that much pressre. Other than the penalty, we didn't look like conceding and it looked like a game in the park... At old trafford with the atmosphere and man u really going for it we will have to up tempo, and the big game mentality should ensure we don't have to endure a shitty attitude...

What are the odds rafa "rests" JT vs Man u, and plays Cahill luiz...

Won't be surprised TBH. Playing Terry may work against us in terms of when we have to deal with United's pace. Terry won't have the legs to deal with it. On the other hand, his experience could be vital.

And heck, don't be surprised if he starts Torres ahead of Ba too!

Won't be surprised TBH. Playing Terry may work against us in terms of when we have to deal with United's pace. Terry won't have the legs to deal with it. On the other hand, his experience could be vital.

And heck, don't be surprised if he starts Torres ahead of Ba too!

I would honestly have JT's pace problems over Cahill and Luiz' defensive problems every single day of the week. Even for his organisational and motivational skills i would play him.

And if he starts torres over Ba then i feel bad for rafa, because he is clearly clinically insane.