Man of the Match  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar is absolutely a delight to watch!

by the way, even though we won will there be a sacking?? Just to keep the trend going and turn it to some sort of tradition

I can't see it happenning, though having said that Rdm's fate was sealed before the Juve game...

Oscar missed chances but only one was really his fault. Man of the match for me is oscar.

We should keep on playing mazacar behind Ba to get some team understanding between them. We will return exciting again. Great first half btw.

We should definitely...

But from recent history we know that what we should do and what we do are often 2 different things lol.

Good performance. Good win but our profligacy in front of goal nearly cost us again! Glad to get the 3pts nonetheless.

Now for the North London derby tomorrow. Currently sit in 3rd, 1pt ahead of Spurs & 5 clear of Arsenal. Not sure which result would suit us best.

1. If Spurs win, we drop to 4th & trail them by 2 points but sit 5 points clear of Arsenal.

2. If Arsenal win, then we remain in 3rd but only 1 point ahead of Spurs and 2 clear of Arsenal.

3. If it ends in a draw, then we sit in 3rd, level on points with Spurs but have better GD and Arsenal trail both of us by 4pts.

It's probably worth pointing out that Spurs will face Liverpool next weekend at Anfield. And also, we are not playing next weekend in PL due to FA Cup involvement. No game for Arsenal too. Their opponent Everton have an FA Cup game.

I really dont know who to vote for MOTM. Oscar is the easy choice, but vote for someone who missed 3 incredible chances? It could aslo be Cech for saving our asses in the end. I dont know...

3 POINTS, ALL THAT MATTERS!

Oscar had a high positive, high negative game. He was involved in a lot of great chances and excellent play, but he missed 3 unmarked shots from the middle of the box and he had an awful 4 turnovers and was dispossessed 4 times. It's clearly Ba for me who not only scored, but helped set up a number of chances and was fouled 4 times (although one was a pretty bad dive) setting up further chances. Cech saved us at the end and Luiz was very good (excellent in the first half, his passing slipped in the second.)

Bit of a lethargic performance from The Albion, but Chelsea controlled the game and didnt let us play. Missed Brunt on the left hand side with his passing and deliverys. We looked a bit lopsided. We looked a lot better when Odemwingie came on with his ability to beat a man.

We played pretty simular in the Liverpool game but defended slightly better and got a break in the final 10mins, could of been the same story but wasnt to be. Chelsea more than deserving of the 3 points. Good luck for the rest of the season

We have been saying we would just love to win games with one goal and nick it. We did that. So i am happy. All that matters is a CL ticket and a 3rd place (I am an optimistic kinda guy).

Great game from Oscar and he truly is golden, but Hazard was awesome as well. He is crucial for our attack, I firmly believe. I see him becoming increasingly important for our team every game he plays.

So @rmpr this brazilian belgian shake is getting somewhere :-)

Massive 3 points, we deserved this. Though we were so wasteful - Oscar alone had 3-4 golden chances, something that made his overall brilliant performance look average. Loved how Azpilicueta held Ridgewell and Dorrans in his back pocket , what a player!

Agree with @Rmpr - hard to pick a MOTM, but I'd say taking off Hazard was wrong, because he was a nuisance for the defenders all evening long. We might have won but can argue we should have won with a bigger margin so my MOTM goes to Cech for not letting Cesar score his first (own)goal of Chelsea's career and for being there when we needed.

I had Hazard as my MOM until those late match saving saves from Cech ,,

Oscar for me!!! Hazard and Cech deserves Honorable mention.

I still think going forward, Oscar needs to play in the center....He missed a couple of chances, lost possession towards the end of the game, but he got also provided a good passes in goal and track back the best out of the attacking players.