Chelsea 1-0 West Brom

Jase

Man of the Match  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Lamps did a great job in front of defence, it's just when he doesn't scores or takes on chances it looks like a bad game, we're to spoilt on that point from him.

Like said above, no one really had a bad game. Maybe Moses had a so so 20mins, a bit to selfish imo..

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamps did a great job in front of defence, it's just when he doesn't scores or takes on chances it looks like a bad game, we're to spoilt on that point from him.

Like said above, no one really had a bad game. Maybe Moses had a so so 20mins, a bit to selfish imo..

Thought Azpilicueta had one of his poorer games for us as well. Not horrible or anything, but also not great. Generally agree though, only Moses was poor.

Join the club my friend...Join the club!!! The majority of us can see that he is a fraud, but what can we do? CFC is ran w/ North Korean like policies. Maybe we can get Rodman to speak to Mr. Abramovich for us & get him to speak to the fans xD

ok....ktbffh

well it might be a bit late to write my analysis on this game, but ive been busy all weekend so i figured better late than never.

i was so pleased with the way we played for once and it was great. we had so many times where i would be say "well done or great job or oh wow". it was like we learned how to do great one touch passing overnight. we got out of so many tight situations using it and it was a real joy to watch. even when it was just getting us out of the back or just to get the ball out wide, it was lovely stuff. i thought ba was a massive part of this and honestly thought he was absolutely superb throughout. his performances sometimes go under the radar but for me, he was our best player along with cech and oscar.

i thought basically our whole team played well, even from individual standpoints everyone did good. i thought lampard and azpi were our worst players, and thats saying alot as neither of them had a bad game by any means. moses did do bad when he came on, but it wasnt for long, so i am excluding him.

cech- amazing, what else is there to say. the best goalies in the world are ones that even when they havent done much for awhile that they will come up big in situations and he came through

cole- was good, nothing spectacular but solid

ivan- thought he was good, again nothing amazing but a lot of times when defenders go unnoticed they played well and did their job

Luiz- he was great, had many vital stops and started attacks from the back well

Azpi- he is just really good defensively, but didnt offer much going forward

ramires and lampard- i dont understand how sometimes the pivot looks so good with them two and sometimes its awful, but i thought they did really well, ramires in particular. lampard had couple wayward passes and other ones that i saw that really put the player he was passing to in a bad position, but he was good at shielding the defense.

hazard- this guy is a gem, that one run in the 2nd half was mesmerizing. he was really good throughout, but was surprised at how many times he fouled the other team

mata- semi-quiet game by his standards, but still kept the ball moving and helped our attack click so well

oscar- he was the star of the show going forward. he was absolutely everywhere and involved in basically everyone of our attacks. hope his recent form continues because when he's like this our entire attack improves tremendously. everything is so much more fluid and hes just a joy to watch. its sad he missed his chances because he deserved a goal or two.

ba- he was brilliant, he held up the ball extremely well and was a nuisance throughout. and most importantly, did what great strikers do, scored the winner.

i loved the entire game. we played some of the best football ive seen in awhile and even though we deserved more goals, but it was nice to see us hold off in the end, showed resilience.

well done boys

Thought Azpilicueta had one of his poorer games for us as well. Not horrible or anything, but also not great. Generally agree though, only Moses was poor.

They knew how good he was and didnt really go to his side of the defence. In my opinion he was solid as usual, just had not much to do.

Lampard had a shocker? What the hell? I don't get it with some people. They complain if Lampard's leaving the pivot exposed and say he should be more disciplined and when he is, he supposedly has a shocker. I thought this was one of Lampard's finest defensive performances this season, he got back well, made a few great tackles, stayed in position well and also spread the play quite nicely during our dominant spell. Anyone who thinks Frank had a shocker should go watch the game again.

Yet he provided nothing going forward. Im not talking about goals or assists. He seem to be to complacent when in possession. He couldnt keep up with everyone else. Lampard will always be a legend but his time to leave has come. He isnt strong enough defensively and he cant keep making those darting runs into the box.

thanks to the idiot in charge Moses only got 10 mins ..that was the reason he was poor...

the Fat Waster is always late in making subs

Yet he provided nothing going forward. Im not talking about goals or assists. He seem to be to complacent when in possession. He couldnt keep up with everyone else. Lampard will always be a legend but his time to leave has come. He isnt strong enough defensively and he cant keep making those darting runs into the box.

Go watch the game again.

Go watch the game again.

How about you take your mouth off of Lampards balls for a second and tell me what he done to help the team go forward. Defensively he was solid against a not in form West Brom side, can he do the same against United? No so what good is he?

How about you take your mouth off of Lampards balls for a second and tell me what he done to help the team go forward. Defensively he was solid against a not in form West Brom side, can he do the same against United? No so what good is he?

buying property like robber Fowler

Hang on a minute. He gets slated when he goes forward, because he is supposed to sit in, and then gets slated when he doesn't. He made a number of great tackles and sat in well. What does he do to help the team go forward? His great range of passing being the main one.

What good is he?

Seriously... If thats your approach we should probably get rid of half the team. Against united, he will be a very valuable player, someone who gives his all for the team and knows how to make perfect runs arriving late. Atm he is very useful.

Hang on a minute. He gets slated when he goes forward, because he is supposed to sit in, and then gets slated when he doesn't. He made a number of great tackles and sat in well. What does he do to help the team go forward? His great range of passing being the main one.

What good is he?

Seriously... If thats your approach we should probably get rid of half the team. Against united, he will be a very valuable player, someone who gives his all for the team and knows how to make perfect runs arriving late. Atm he is very useful.

Im not saying he should run forward. Im saying in that position he should spread the play and pick out key passes which he didnt do. When he won a tackle he was extremely slow and almost lost the ball he just won on numerous occasions.