Man City v Chelsea

Jase

Certainly have NO shot at beating City away without Mata. If we didnt rest him against lesser teams we definitely want in a match of this importance.

Oh no... Mata is the first name on the team sheet. He can rest in the next game.

Fair enough i just hope mata does not get burned out :( .He looked tired against sparta

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough i just hope mata does not get burned out :( .He looked tired against sparta

He didn't have a great game, but he didn't have to be good for us to win. Against city the atmosphere will be totally different and he should come to fore. He has played a lot recently, but if there was ever a game where he should start imo it would be this one, as a win, puts us firmly in the race for second, wheras a loss means that man city are gone and its just gonna be a 4 horse race for 2 places between us, tottenham, everton, and arsenal.

The amount of disrespect you show Chelsea supporters is rather extraordinary. But then you are a RAWK troll, so we understand that.....

its-not-your-fault_display_image.jpg?133

It's not your fault....

What is RAWK?

Some of the haters are so full of themselves - they actually believe that they represent Chelsea supporters. I hope I have made it clear that as a long-standing Chelsea supporter from the 1970's, a former resident of Chelsea who has been fortunate enough to have met many legends including DeMatteo, I disassociate myself from the boo boys and I believe that most Chelsea supporters are also embarrassed by their antics on the home terraces, at away games and on the internet. Criticizing the manager and players for tactics, or performance is fair game. But for the Chelsea boo boys its not about football - its about some twisted sense of grievance (a) that the club owner turns a deaf ear to them and ( b ) that Rafa once defended his club from Mourinho's mind games by saying that his club and its supporters had passion and made their own flags and banners. And how right he was.

Look at other clubs - banners and songs to their past and present players and encouragement even when they are losing. And then look at Chelsea - little scribbled pieces of A4 paper insulting the manager and outright booing their team in a Cup Final in Japan, in a UEFA match in Sparta etc etc, turning on them during every match when they are not winning. I bet the Chelsea players, especially the young ones, would love to get the kind of encouragement other teams get from their supporters, especially when its a tough game. Unfortunately, a vocal minority of those in the crowd and on the net don't support the club, they support themselves. They boo in the pathetic belief that they can somehow force the club to bend to their will. The hypocrisy of the situation is that what Rafa said seven years ago is not even remotely as insulting as some of the things the Chelsea manager at the time said about Rafa and his club. But the Chelsea boos boys are such sensitive souls. They are so deeply wounded. They would actually prefer the club to lose than for Rafa to be recognized as the fine man and manager he is.

He's too good for them but not too good for the rest of us who admire him and the dignified way he has kept working for the club despite the invective hurled his way.