Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

don't we have enough of those?

In all honesty, watching Schurrle, Salah and Willian stepping up in their first season for us I'm already heartbroken knowing probably two of them won't play as much as they deserve.

I simply love Reus, but we have enough AMs as it is in the team and they're quality (not counting the many others loaned everywhere). All we need is patience to allow those players to mature, adapt and develop further their game as they're all very young with the exception of Willian (who isn't old, but at age 25 he's mature enough, but needs to adapt still).

Schurrle is proving to be deadly, even if he isn't the most talented in the bunch. Salah seemed absolutely lively and that was only in his first match with us. Willian's growing. Despite having a dip of form, Oscar already proved he can be very good for us and Eden doesn't need introductions or words.

Why is it that we must look at every new talented youngster there? We have enough AM's - and good ones on that - as it is and we have a few squad members if we recall a couple of players or promote them from the youth. We don't need another AM, no matter how talented, young or whatever. We could disrupt the development of those we already have and having a special player in Hazard; a different kind of special in Oscar; a flair, pacey player in Willian; a master in movement and killer instinct in Shirley and a lot of talent and pace and pace and pace in Salah, we're definitely well served and I don't get any thread about any AM at the moment. We have Traoré and Piazon that could be recalled, kept and be useful as squad members if we must, but we don't need to sign more of those. Our problems reside somewhere else. Also, splashing money in a player like Reus means not spending it wisely where we really need it.

Reus is not really a talented youngster, he is one of the best AM/winger in the world. Imo he is in the same league as Neymar, Bale, and Hazard. I would only bring him in if one of Oscar or Willian had to leave, i anticipate both being here and adding Reus without subtractions is just too much resource at one position. There is also big questions mark over Willian and Oscar tbh. Willian as talented he is, tbh the guy has everything but throughout his career it always been known his play in the final third has let him down despite his immense talent. He should be scoring more goals and providing better final balls. Next season we can fully analyze him. Then there is Oscar, i seriously love the guy especially the player that plays with Brazil. Truly not as effective for Chelsea, i actually thought the Mata sale would be greatly beneficial to Oscar progress. But so far, the same up and down Oscar. I am not ready to give up on either player. But say Dortmund accepts Willian+15-20m(obviously not rumored), or PSG offering 45-50m for Oscar(rumored), i would seriously take either deal.

My argument is basically this if you have the opportunity to add a player like Reus and make this team better then you do it. I don't like the fact people dismiss him so easily. I also really like the fact that Reus is already seasoned in the style we are trying to play and offers speed+goals.

Just my thought, but obviously CM+ST should be priority.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him a lot great great player but we are strong enough in the attacking midfield position we don't need to spend on him. we need a striker

We are not strong enough. We need another WC attacking midfielder that could link better with Hazard and create chances. Willian isn't doing good enough of a job and Oscar hasn't been consistent enough.

Probably time we stuck with the five we have there in Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schrulle and Salah. Schrulle's improving, Salah will only get better, Oscar hopefully will return to form and hopefully Willian will have become more used to the PL. Give what we have a chance to play behind a top striker. If we're raiding Dortmund I'd rather see Gundogan come in and play alongside Matic, as well as covering central attacking midfield.

I'm sorry but he is not needed here. Now that doesn't mean I don't rate him, I do, he's superb but if people were actually patient with what we have already here in Willian, Oscar, Schurrle and Salah the rewards will come. We cannot just discard what these players can offer because they have a slight dip in form. Look at Oscar, he's been struggling of late and on Wednesday Jose stood by him in the biggest game of our season and he proved he can do it on the big stage and raise his game.

We aren't playing FIFA or Football Manager here where we can buy everyone we think who is top class, we have to level it out and look at what we have already. If we are going to shot millions at someone it needs to be in the area next to Matic, a left back and a striker and not another attacking midfield player, as good as they are. This is just the first season for Salah, Willian and Schurrle, surely they deserve a bit of bedding in, I mean in my own opinion Willian and Schurrle have already been really good this season and Salah looked as bright as button against Stoke, so the future is very bright for our team with these lads, we just have to trust Jose in this 'project'

It's been a long time since we could look back to the bench and see the likes of Salah/Oscar/Schurrle/Willian to come on and make an impact, this adds to our squad depth, and all this adds to solidity when we need it from the bench as we seen Tuesday when Hazard had to be replaced. Schurrle was magnificent when he came on and that's what I am saying, them impact subs that can just give us that extra drive and energy. All four I mentioned are new to the club and I don't envisage any of them leaving anytime soon, nor do I see us making the purchase of Reus, he simply isn't needed.

Invest correctly for the correct players and this team will look immense going into next season, just believe in the project and the managers philosophy.

Willian is not scoring as much we wished for but he have amaizing work rate, he's quick and he's the reason mata wearing red.

it's only he's first season give him a chance

Willian fails to create enough chances. I mean, when Hazard is not playing, usually we just can't make anything happen. We managed to in the last 2 games but it wasn't always like that.

Lets be honest with ourselves, do we need him? no. He's a top players, he's saved Dortmund many times this year with his goals/assists. But we have too many attacking midfielders. Once we buy a world class Striker, Midfielder, Left back and maybe Center back (depending if Zouma goes out on loan again), then we can do a Madrid/Barca and just buy a player for the sake of it.

I think people are forgetting that this is only Willian's first season in England and Oscar is only 22, more than 2 years younger than Reus. I am a big fan of Reus myself and would not say no to him coming here, but I can't believe what people are saying about Willian and Oscar.

Personally i believe oscar has such a high ceiling, he is just not consistent enough and has been going through a patch of bad form which is understandable if you see the amount of time he has had on the pitch in the last few years. Willian, Schurrle and Salah are very new and I will not judge them until at least next season.

Although I can understand the criticism on Willian, from his price tag people would expect someone to be a hazard level player and impress us from the first minute. But he has been so important for us, and he will only get better next season. Reus is naturally a left winger, yes he can play right and centre as well but why play him out of position, just like playing oscar on the right.

Again if he comes I wouldn't complain but it might end up in players being unhappy from lack of playing time.

And I wouldnt accept 50M for oscar.

• 2 weeks later...

@puri_BVB

I'd say 110M for Marco would be fair. #Bale #Neymar #BVB

FYI Gareth Bale was invovled in 38 goals in 39 Games. Which means invovled every 76mins. Not bad either, but Reus is better #BVB

Marco #Reus is invovled in a goal every 72mins #insane #BVB

Marco #Reus has 43 Scorers in 40 Games this season. Eden #Hazard has 27 in 46 Games. Di Maria 31 in 45 Games. #thebest #BVB

The way he's playing the last 5-6 weeks is jus insane. The best inform player in europe at the moment. Puts all our AMs to shame tbh.

EDIT: Reus will be available after next season for a laughable Buy out of 35M. We have to be one of the teams in the mix. He's playing world class in the middle atm. Hazard - Reus - Willian/Schürrle/Salah

Would be insane!

@puri_BVB

I'd say 110M for Marco would be fair. #Bale #Neymar #BVB

FYI Gareth Bale was invovled in 38 goals in 39 Games. Which means invovled every 76mins. Not bad either, but Reus is better #BVB

Marco #Reus is invovled in a goal every 72mins #insane #BVB

Marco #Reus has 43 Scorers in 40 Games this season. Eden #Hazard has 27 in 46 Games. Di Maria 31 in 45 Games. #thebest #BVB

The way he's playing the last 5-6 weeks is jus insane. The best inform player in europe at the moment. Puts all our AMs to shame tbh.

EDIT: Reus will be available after next season for a laughable Buy out of 35M. We have to be one of the teams in the mix. He's playing world class in the middle atm. Hazard - Reus - Willian/Schürrle/Salah

Would be insane!

Those stats aren't true at all because Reus is on 22 goals this season. Hazard is on 17 and Di Maria is on 11. He's had a few good weeks recently, doesn't mean he's putting our AMs to shame.

Those stats aren't true at all because Reus is on 22 goals this season. Hazard is on 17 and Di Maria is on 11. He's had a few good weeks recently, doesn't mean he's putting our AMs to shame.

I think he's including direct assists. That makes it true.

Marco Reus is the best rated Bundesliga player until now as well. Ahead of Robben and Ribery according to Kicker Sports magazin. http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/topspieler/1-bundesliga/2013-14/topspieler-der-saison.html

Marco Reus is the best rated Bundesliga player until now as well. Ahead of Robben and Ribery according to Kicker Sports magazin. http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/topspieler/1-bundesliga/2013-14/topspieler-der-saison.html

That's not hard when Robben has been average this season and Ribery has pretty much been injured for a lot of it.

Reus is class but you're overstating it a bit. We have to sign a ST, CM and LB before we even think about reshuffling our AM deparment.

That's not hard when Robben has been average this season and Ribery has pretty much been injured for a lot of it.

Reus is class but you're overstating it a bit. We have to sign a ST, CM and LB before we even think about reshuffling our AM deparment.

Firstly. No I'm not. You're clearly understating MR. Ribery was brilliant the first 3/4 of the season and is in a slump now for a few weeks. Robben on the other hand is playing extremly good for the most part of the season, aside those weeks he was injured.

Secondly. I'm writing that we should buy him the AFTER next season, when is BO kicks in.

Thridly. You're honestly saying any of our AMs is as good as Reus is right now ? Granted, Hazard and Oscar are a few years younger and have the same ceiling for sure, but Reus is world class right now and he's going to be available for 35M after next season. If we're not interested that would mean that our AMs are playing more constant than they did this season. Only Hazard was constantly performing for the most part.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You