Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

Adding 1(!) players doesnt harm the PL. If we want to be one of the best teams in the world we have to upgrade when it's possible. Reus for only 19m? That's a golden opportunity and we should consider it imo.

Are we not already one of the best teams in the world? with a relatively young squad? You're adding one incredible talent to a team that is already running away with the league.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm interesting arguments here and there. But does he tracking back?

:ph34r:

He has immense workrate.

Meh... We already have a world beater of a team that hasn't even fully developed yet. I'm not saying no but I am saying the integrity of the competition is at stake here and its getting to the point where we could be out of sight long before January. That's not cocky either, its the reality. I enjoy games like the one last year where we went to Anfield and battled for that 2-0 win! I enjoy the unpredictably of the competition! I dislike what is going on in most of the other leagues where every year before the season starts you can predict with 95% accuracy who will win.

The moment you think your team can no longer improve is when your team will begin to decline. There are always ways to improve. I love the competition too, but I like Chelsea winning. Did you like the Draws at Manchester? It's not our fault United, City, and Arsenal don't spend money well, but should we stall our development as a team for our rivals to catch up?

Hey man you're entitled to your opinion. I like the Premiership and I despise what has happened in other competitions like the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and also La Liga... I like competition, I like the idea that there is a good possibility that when we play Crystal Palace they can get a result, its what makes the Prem so compelling. I hate what is happening in Germany right now!

You're talking about City (who have been sanctioned) and Man U (who are miles off the pace having already spent a record amount in the window this year) come on dude...

So you think if we'll get Rues Palace cant get a result from us? i dont think so.

My point is that the PL will never be like the Bundesliga or Ligue 1, because except us there are at least 2 very rich clubs (City, United), and a couple of very capable clubs (Pool, Arsenal, Spurs). The question is who spends is money the best way, and right now its us. If we can get our squad even better why not? if we can limit our slips against Palace, WBA and such... why not? if we can be as good as Real and Bayern, why not? you dont want that?

Its City's and United's problem if they cant keep up with our improvement.

And btw, when people talk about the PL getting weaker in the sense of the CL results, the reason is United, CIty, Arsenal, are just not good enough anymore... they're not keeping up with the level of Barca, Bayern, Real. Its their problem, we should aim the highest we can.

He has immense workrate.

The moment you think your team can no longer improve is when your team will begin to decline. There are always ways to improve. I love the competition too, but I like Chelsea winning. Did you like the Draws at Manchester? It's not our fault United, City, and Arsenal don't spend money well, but should we stall our development as a team for our rivals to catch up?

You can always improve, that's not in question here. Its whether we're nearing a point where we start to make the Prem look like the German league or La Liga(some might argue it already is) I had no problem with the draws at Manchester. Against City we didn't play well and against Utd they got a few lucky decisions go their way... Thats the competition I'm talking about, you're looking at two draws against big clubs as a disappointment I see it as healthy competition.

So you think if we'll get Rues Palace cant get a result from us? i dont think so.

My point is that the PL will never be like the Bundesliga or Ligue 1, because except us there are at least 2 very rich clubs (City, United), and a couple of very capable clubs (Pool, Arsenal, Spurs). The question is who spends is money the best way, and right now its us. If we can get our squad even better why not? if we can limit our slips against Palace, WBA and such... why not? if we can be as good as Real and Bayern, why not? you dont want that?

Its City's and United's problem if they cant keep up with our improvement.

And btw, when people talk about the PL getting weaker in the sense of the CL results, the reason is United, CIty, Arsenal, are just not good enough anymore... they're not keeping up with the level of Barca, Bayern, Real. Its their problem, we should aim the highest we can.

Lets be honest with yourselves here, it becomes less and less likely.

As we acquire more talent the pool shrinks and the price to compete increases. This is also coupled with FFP where revenue comes into play... We have to be smart about the way we treat the competition or there won't be one. City illegally tried to do exactly what you guys want and beat us by 4pts last year(we didn't even have a striker) Now we want Reus? We're 8pts clear at the international break! What signs are there that we even need him? Is it just to play keep away or is there a definite need?

IS JANUARY DEAL REALISTIC?

Dortmund cancelled long-awaited contract talks with Reus last week as a result of their alarming Bundesliga form, although they did finally end a run of five successive Bundesliga defeats with victory over Borussia Monchengladbach last weekend.

That decision means speculation over the future of their talisman has reached new heights, with Reus himself doing little to make it look a case of when and not if he leaves the Westfalen.

Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp is no stranger to planning for life without his top stars, but he now has the opportunity to make this transfer saga very different to the way he lost both Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski to Bayern in successive summers.

Klopp could decide to take the upper hand and invite Chelsea to open negotiations over a stunning swap for Schurrle, who has the pace, power and technical quality to soften the blow of losing Reus if he's desperate to play in the Premier League sooner rather later.

i could see a deal happening

You can always improve, that's not in question here. Its whether we're nearing a point where we start to make the Prem look like the German league or La Liga(some might argue it already is) I had no problem with the draws at Manchester. Against City we didn't play well and against Utd they got a few lucky decisions go their way... Thats the competition I'm talking about, you're looking at two draws against big clubs as a disappointment I see it as healthy competition.

But Is it our fault our rivals owners and board are incompetent and make poor buys/sells? I don't think so. In the last year we sold oyr 2x POTY, a CB who many consider one of the best, and one of the most promising young strikers in the world. It's not like we're buying recklessly. The PL will never look like Bundesliga and La Liga because there are some teams in a good financial position. They're just stupid.

What did Barcelona do when they were at their most dominant level? They bought David Villa, because he was available and was seen as a extra asset even though he wasn't really needed. Well he ended up deciding some crucial matches for them in a season in which they ended up with six trophies. To make a legendary team like that Barca team, you need to have these game winners on every position. And this Chelsea team has all the keys to become a truly legendary team in English and European stage.

I can't see Schurrle or Willian scoring couple important goals in case Costa and Hazard are having a bad day. It makes a world of difference to have a third truly world class player on the field. He would also provide us with long-distance shots, a threat that is missing from our current squad.

And like mentioned, this league is amazingly competitive. A lot of teams have the financial power to buy talents from other leagues or other English teams. The TV money that is poured into Premier at the moment is insane and it gives even the lower-level teams that spending power to challenge the big teams domestically. The fact that Chelsea is running away with the title THIS YEAR is only down to fantastic work done by the club, management and the players. If Pellegrini was our manager, we would NOT have got 3 points at Loftus Road or Selhurst Park, or even that 1 point at Etihad and thus we wouldn't even be having this conversation in the first place.

English league isn't anything close to the Bundesliga or La Liga and all of the teams have the ability to win against anybody. Enjoy the moment my friend, this won't last forever anyways, just as that Barcelona dominance didn't.

But Is it our fault our rivals owners and board are incompetent and make poor buys/sells? I don't think so. In the last year we sold oyr 2x POTY, a CB who many consider one of the best, and one of the most promising young strikers in the world. It's not like we're buying recklessly. The PL will never look like Bundesliga and La Liga because there are some teams in a good financial position. They're just stupid.

Buying for the sake of buying isn't good for the competition. end of...

We don't need him, I'd love to see him here but we don't really need him. That's the point.

What did Barcelona do when they were at their most dominant level? They bought David Villa, because he was available and was seen as a extra asset even though he wasn't really needed. Well he ended up deciding some crucial matches for them in a season in which they ended up with six trophies. To make a legendary team like that Barca team, you need to have these game winners on every position. And this Chelsea team has all the keys to become a truly legendary team in English and European stage.

I can't see Schurrle or Willian scoring couple important goals in case Costa and Hazard are having a bad day. It makes a world of difference to have a third truly world class player on the field. He would also provide us with long-distance shots, a threat that is missing from our current squad.

And like mentioned, this league is amazingly competitive. A lot of teams have the financial power to buy talents from other leagues or other English teams. The TV money that is poured into Premier at the moment is insane and it gives even the lower-level teams that spending power to challenge the big teams domestically. The fact that Chelsea is running away with the title THIS YEAR is only down to fantastic work done by the club, management and the players. If Pellegrini was our manager, we would NOT have got 3 points at Loftus Road or Selhurst Park, or even that 1 point at Etihad and thus we wouldn't even be having this conversation in the first place.

English league isn't anything close to the Bundesliga or La Liga and all of the teams have the ability to win against anybody. Enjoy the moment my friend, this won't last forever anyways, just as that Barcelona dominance didn't.

Barca's most dominant run was after they got Villa, not before.

Hate to break it to you but Schurrle has already scored important goals, wasn't it he who scored against City? We have 3 world class players already Cesc, Hazard and Costa...

You say that everyone can compete but we're 8pts ahead of City at the beginning of November.

Well, in that case, cech + schurrle = reus + (5-10) mil pounds.

Well yeah that would be perfect for both teams too. Careful though, 3 players NEVER EVER EVER EVER get transferred in 1 transfer. What do you think you're doing? This isn't Football Manager! Go back to playing FIFA!

(All sarcasm I hope you realise, hate when people say that kind of shit. Too many people that do that on this forum).

In all seriousness then I think that would work for everyone except Cech. He's probably good enough to be at a better club than BVB (no disrespect to BVB, but Cech would start in every team in the world except Chelsea, Bayern, Real (he's better than Casillas, but they dare not drop him) and maybe Juve. He'll probably end up at PSG.

Would love it to happen though :).

Reus is a top 15 player, if he's available, and interested, we cannot turn that down. The PL would still be competitive, just not as much.

Can you really name 14 players better than him? I think he's a top 10 player, seriously I do.

Barca's most dominant run was after they got Villa, not before.

Hate to break it to you but Schurrle has already scored important goals, wasn't it he who scored against City? We have 3 world class players already Cesc, Hazard and Costa...

You say that everyone can compete but we're 8pts ahead of City at the beginning of November.

Schurrle did score indeed but too often we have are having tons of missed opportunities during games. Because we lose control of the ball and aren't that clinical when playing possession football is the reason why Jose is turning so defensive in most top matches. If we had that killer instinct upfront (Reus incredibly clinical player!) besides Costa we would be a whole another threat going forward, something that might change our football philosophy eventually.

City spent 32 million pounds on Mangala, thats being dumb not us being too powerful or dominant. Others' mistakes are not our problem. And this season is such a bad example of Premier's competitiveness since Chelsea seems to be the only top team in the league even wanting that title come May.

Honestly I can't understand why it is such a problem to change a good player to a fantastic player without any real transfer fees. A move that any top club would want to make. And we have the ability of doing just that. Us buying Reus or not buying does not change the fact other clubs have done bad job and need to get their shit together. This season we would be leading the league even if we hadn't bought Costa or Fabregas.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You