Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

I don't mean inconsistent as in not scoring/assiting enough but more of a general play. I mean Hazard is our most important player and carries us most of the time, but the amount of time he shines in big games is limited compared to Reus at least from my personal experience. I can remember Reus nearly getting Dortmund through to semi final in that 2nd leg against Real in 13-14 by scoring 2 goals, most of the time in big games he always have a big part to play as well. On the other hand while Hazard occasionly shines like he did against MU at home last season and City away in 13-14, he just doesn't seem to be doing it more often. Most of the time he was also annonymous for major period of a game until a certain time he decides to start playing while from the amount of matches I watch, Reus always seem to have a good game for the full 90 mins.

I agree both are fantastic though and if we can have both I would trade anything, but we can't :(

Hmm. I still think he's one of our best players in big games though. Last season he scored against Liverpool in the semi final of the COC, scored against Spurs home and away, scored against MU at home, Soton away and Arsenal at home and got assists home and away against Man City. He also scored against PSG in the L16 second leg. That seems pretty good in the big games IMO.

I agree regarding Reus though, he's a fantastic player and is probably just ahead of Aguero as my favourite non-Chelsea player.

If only we could have as Curly said. Azpi RB, Reus RW, Willian CAM and Hazard LW. Would be just fantastic.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Dortmund play against Mochengladbach on BT sports, despite Christensen looking horribly out of his depth, Reus was great.

To be fair the first half was an absolute masterclass in terms of pressing, they kept winning the ball up high and if we tried to play like that it would be great, guys like Hazard, Willian, Oscar winning the ball high up having more space, in threatening positions.. really impressive performance by BVB.

Hazard and consistent doesn't fit together mate. Reus on the other hand proven over the years that he can get over 20 goal/assists barrier everytime he is fully fit.

Lol Hazard along with Terry and Azpi were our only players who played consistently good for all of last season, Hazard is clearly more consistent.

No one can deny he isnt injury prone. Yes the tackles were bad, but after that pre WC injury, he gets injured after almost any tackle, something that didnt happen before that injury.

Top player when fit tho and one of my fav non Chelsea players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You