Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

If he regains his top form this season and stay fit Hazard won't even stand a chance of competing with him.

That's a laughable statement. Even coming from you who regularly posts ridiculous things.

Anyways, how rich are Dortmund? Could they turn down £45-50m for Reus if a foreign club really wanted him?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a laughable statement. Even coming from you who regularly posts ridiculous things.

Anyways, how rich are Dortmund? Could they turn down £45-50m for Reus if a foreign club really wanted him?

Yes because in today market he is worth easily £65-75.

When both are at their best there isn't much between them. I'd take Hazard hands down, though, because he can effect a match in more ways.

People always say that Reus is a better finisher (which he is) but it isn't really as big of a difference as you'd think. Hazard has scored the exact same number of league goals as Reus has. Reus did it in fewer games but Hazard is playing in a much more difficult league.

Imagine having both at Chelsea...

Ridiculous. Just ridiculous. Reus doesnt have half of the ball control abilities Hazard have.. its not even close.

I cant believe a football fan can look at those two players and say Reus is anything near Hazard in terms of close control, dribble.

Reus isnt even top 15 in the world in those attributes. He is extremely light and the ball doesnt "stick" to his foot like with Messi, Hazard, Robben and others.

I saw todays game, it was embarrassing, a walk in the park for Dortmund. Reus didnt stand out and didnt need to. But it doesnt take much for people to overrate him because he's somehow very likeable.

Ridiculous. Just ridiculous. Reus doesnt have half of the ball control abilities Hazard have.. its not even close.

I cant believe a football fan can look at those two players and say Reus is anything near Hazard in terms of close control, dribble.

Reus isnt even top 15 in the world in those attributes. He is extremely light and the ball doesnt "stick" to his foot like with Messi, Hazard, Robben and others.

I saw todays game, it was embarrassing, a walk in the park for Dortmund. Reus didnt stand out and didnt need to. But it doesnt take much for people to overrate him because he's somehow very likeable.

LMAO! So because Hazard can dribble he's better than anyone who doesn't have incredible close ball control?

Reus is incredibleat set pieces, is he better than Hazard cause he's much better at that than him? Messi, Hazard, and Robben are literally the only 3 players in the world who have that close control dribble ability.

Good luck naming me 15 wingers better than Reus.

Reus played very well today, his pressing, along with his teammates pressing, caused them to force several errors high up the pitch. To say Hazard is levels above Reus is just plain ignorant.

Also, yes, he is very likeable.

When both are at their best there isn't much between them. I'd take Hazard hands down, though, because he can effect a match in more ways.

People always say that Reus is a better finisher (which he is) but it isn't really as big of a difference as you'd think. Hazard has scored the exact same number of league goals as Reus has. Reus did it in fewer games but Hazard is playing in a much more difficult league.

Imagine having both at Chelsea...

Reus played with Lewandowski, it's understandable he didn't score as many goals. Reus has done it in Bundesliga and in the CL. I agree on top form, there is little to split them. I'd take Hazard too, but Reus is a world class player.

I find it hard to believe that if a club went to Dortmund and plopped a £50m check on the owners desk that they'd say no. Reus himself may take more convincing than the club. They aren't exactly a powerhouse, ultra rich club.

Also, yes, he is very likeable.

You definitely seem to think he is...

Reus is a great player, one of the best wingers in the world, but yes because the way he moves with the ball isnt "unstoppable", he falls behind Hazard. Its a lot easier to get him out of the game and he cant be consistent like Hazard.

But Hazard is a special talent, no shame in not being as good as he is. "Messi, Hazard, and Robben are literally the only 3 players in the world who have that close control dribble ability" - thats why they are the best.

I didnt say there are 15 better wingers than Reus, read carefully, i was talking about players with better close control and dribble. I have at least 10 in my head.

You definitely seem to think he is...

Reus is a great player, one of the best wingers in the world, but yes because the way he moves with the ball isnt "unstoppable", he falls behind Hazard. Its a lot easier to get him out of the game and he cant be consistent like Hazard.

But Hazard is a special talent, no shame in not being as good as he is. "Messi, Hazard, and Robben are literally the only 3 players in the world who have that close control dribble ability" - thats why they are the best.

I didnt say there are 15 better wingers than Reus, read carefully, i was talking about players with better close control and dribble. I have at least 10 in my head.

Does that bother you?

He doesn't fall behind him because of that. Ronaldo doesn't have the close control Hazard does does that mean Hazard is better? No. He's a better goal scorer. Reus is better at set pieces, does that make him better? No, they are equal players. Take you blue tinted shades off.

Does that bother you?

He doesn't fall behind him because of that. Ronaldo doesn't have the close control Hazard does does that mean Hazard is better? No. He's a better goal scorer. Reus is better at set pieces, does that make him better? No, they are equal players. Take you blue tinted shades off.

Stop it. Its getting embarrassing.

Hazard is top 5 in the world and a class above Reus.

Hes basically the sole creative force in our team.

He created more chances than Messi (100 to Messi's 93) for god's sake.

Just stop.

Stop it. Its getting embarrassing.

Hazard is top 5 in the world and a class above Reus.

Hes basically the sole creative force in our team.

He created more chances than Messi (100 to Messi's 93) for god's sake.

Just stop.

Reus was injured a majority of last season. Wait till this season, Reus had been doing better than Hazard when BVB were playing well. We'll see how they fare against each other this season. Reus already has 1 goal and 1 assist.

If he regains his top form this season and stay fit Hazard won't even stand a chance of competing with him.

I need you to do something for me.
I need you to find the nearest scrabble set, get all of the pieces with letters on them, and eat them all.
Then, find the strongest laxatives that you can and consume them.
Then when you've shat out a bunch of scrabble letters, inbox me what they say because that will probably make more sense.
If you've said that he can compete with Eden then i would understand you. But Eden not even standing a chance???

Reus is great probably the best German am with Müller and özil but honestly Hazard is a level above. Reus has stagnated a while due to injuries whilst hazard has taken the next step last season. Don't get me wrong, Reus is absolutely amazing I would die for us having him in our team but he is two years older than hazard who has a far higher ceiling. At his best Reus is more effective than Eden but can only dream of having the natural ability to become a the best player in the world.

Ehhh. I love Eden as much as anyone, but no.

but yes.

Hazard is clearly a level above, you are clearly a Reus fanboy, as you called him world class when he wasnt even that great yesterday, it was a good performance against a team who played awful! so i take your opinion with a pinch of salt.

Hazard is a better dribbler and more creative, reus is a superior finisher, Reus also has better vision and passing (Yes Hazard is more creative but his creativity comes from his ability to run with the ball and distabilise defences rather than raw/pure vision and passing range) Hazard is pacier and stronger. Reus is better at set pieces and can strike the ball as well as any player and also more tactically superior (defending/tracking back etc)

To me hazard's skillset is rarer and he's more difficult to stop when on form whereas Reus's influence on a game is easier to quantify. in the end both are fantastic players it will just come down to who is more consistent and can stay fit the longest in the end and hazard has great injury record on his side

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You