Chelsea v Arsenal

Jase

I have no faith in rafadyce. I am sure he will start Torrid on Sunday. Also, attendance took a dip in the last match. Only 38,484 supporters attended the match @ Stamford Bridge.

He surely can't... That would be the final nail in the coffin for him.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Arsenal made a mistake playing us last time. Our big weakness is on the wings. Because we generally don't (and didn't) play real wingers, we are vulnerable to teams who can attack the flanks. Arsenal have that ability but they strangely decided to go with Ramsey and Podolski on the wings who are also more centrally inclined players. The bulk of their attack came through their fullbacks and when Diaby was forced off, Oxlade-Chamberlain. Gervinho started and scored, but the more I watch him, the less impressed I am. He has no football IQ. Doesn't seem to be able to see the game develop at all. If I were Wenger, I'd go with Walcott on the right and Giroud in the middle. For us, I'd like to see Marin, not because I think he's some saviour or anything, but because he's an actual winger who can play out wide and cross the ball into the box (for Ba).

I'm never confident against them anyway but what a shit time to play them, devoid of any ideas at home, almost like we're playing scared of the fans and the pressure. This is probably our biggest league game of the season as it would put us a long way ahead of them. Man that 2-1 win at the Emirates seems a loooong time ago. This game could go either way. If we lose and get dumped out the league cup, somethings gonna happen, RA will flip. Could be the end of restaurant man.

Azpi has been making defensive mistakes of late and is due for a rest.

I'd start with with a very deep defensive line with the following players: Cech, Iva, Chill, JT, Cole (assuming JT is fit)

Luiz, Lamps, And Ramires/Oscar in the middle (not CAM or wings) and then another line with Mata and Hazard. Striker is Ba, of course.

Arsenal players are very pacey, must not give them space behind our players.

I think we should benefit from the fact that arsenal won't sit back like recent teams we haven't beaten at home, which should provide a lot more space for ba and hazard etc to work in. So i expect to see a completely different sort of game, which is more open and that will play into our hands so we should be able to get the win, but atm you cannot be extremely confident with us and our inconsistency.

The Gunners have only won three of the last ten meetings between the two sides, one of which came in last seasons 5-3 thriller at Stamford Bridge and the Englishman is convinced they can pile more pressure on Rafa Benitez's side.

So that means we're scared and dont like playing them...lol!!!

Not scared of Arsenal scared of sodding Chelsea and their epic crappyness at the moment

The actual interview is much less sensational. He says that they have the talent to play against Chelsea which is true... I am getting sick of tabloid coverage (like this!):

RAFA SAYS HE WANTS TO KILL LAMPARD AND SUCK THE MARROW FROM HIS BONES!!!

Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez caused a stir yesterday when he expressed his desire to kill a Chelsea legend

"Lampard is a good player and I am going to use him as I see fit" said Benitez, shocking the press with his blood-lust

That sort of thing...

Gotta love the press and co.They do write some complete and utter crap.They've already done the 'OMG Rafa wants Lampard out!!' yet if anyone read it after the 'omg wtf is he on how dare he moments' then realise he just said it aint his choice out of hands etc.

The Arsenal article doesnt make sense..scared but yet they tend to loose against us lol whoever wrote that wrote some complet crap

we may not like playing against them but neither do they against us..or never used to who knows at the moment

Bring back Drogba!Twice a season loan