Chelsea v Arsenal

Jase

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-1 for Chelsea

Koscielny will be out with a red card and to me, Mertesacker seems more vulnerable. What's the situation on Mikel Arteta? They also had to work hard the entire game to get a result against Swansea, so it can also affect them

This could end ugly once again. Home form terrible at the moment. Benitez has a poor record against Wenger. And we have not won a London derby under the FSW!

1. Chelsea's home form in all competitions under Benitez - P7 W2 D3 L2(DDWWLLD). Have won just 1 of the last 7 PL home games - W1 D4 L2.

2. Rafa Benitez's overall record against Arsene Wenger - P17 W4 D5 L8. In the Premier League - P12 W3 D4 L5.

3. No London derby under Benitez - P3 D1 L2.

At the moment, we are 8 points ahead of Arsenal and they have a game in hand(against West Ham next midweek). IF they were to win here and against West Ham, that gap would suddenly be just 2 points and we'll have a massive fight in our hands to stay in the Top 4, especially with Spurs doing reasonably well at the moment and are more consistent than us in getting results.

Feel we will win this. Our problem is with teams that put 10 men behind the ball. Arsenal will be weakened as well without Koscielni and Arteta. My only concern is how Rami and Frank will cope in the pivot.

Koscielny was only banned for 1 game and that ban was served yesterday when Arsenal played Swansea in the FA Cup.

Another worrying thing is that Wilshere seems to be finding some sort of form. As you pointed out, with no proper DM in the team right now, we might well struggle to contain Cazorla, Wilshere or whoever that plays behind the ST for Arsenal.

NOoo. We need to NOT put Luiz in midfield. We will get torn to shreds every time he tries to nick the ball and end letting the player past him. This is Arsenal, not Villa.

Unfortunately we need, with the selection we have atm. Lampard and Ramires is the worst combination for double pivot.

Please rafa must play iva in the centre. He is the first choice CB. Cahill was terrible in positioning. Ashley cole must put a better defensive peformance than yesterday. Mata please turn up against arsenal please. Rafa no torres you :rant:

Qpr had 2 chances score 1 and we miss our many chances. Swansea didn't even have a sniff, we miss our many chances and then give them 2 free goals. Southampton get 3 shots score 2, and we get 20 shots score 2. Please we need to take our chances at home, its getting ridiculous

Our players need to forget the atmosphere (as difficult as it is) and play for pride of the badge.

NOoo. We need to NOT put Luiz in midfield. We will get torn to shreds every time he tries to nick the ball and end letting the player past him. This is Arsenal, not Villa.

So who do we play in midfield instead?

If Terry is fit he partners Ivanovic in the middle and we go with Luiz and someone else in the midfield. I honestly don't care who. I'd love for Oscar to get a shot but he won't. We're so weak in that position it's fucking untrue.

a draw in my opinion. rafa will go defensive i feel. we would probably line up this way

cech

azpi iva JT cole

luiz lamps

hazard mata bert

BA

get a draw and we will still have a 4 point lead over arsenal (if they win their remaining match). JUST DONT LOSE THIS MATCH. PLEASE>>>>