Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Indeed. Barring that one shocking game he had against Villa, Ba has done well of the task asked from him everytime he plays. Nothing fancy but has certainly been effective and efficient. Deserves a tad more credit than he's probably getting.

Think I may have jinxed Ba when I said that. His last 2 games have been pretty rubbish.

Think this guy is the new Kalou - gets the third goal in a 3-0 win, will occasionally start and flatter to deceive but is ultimately nothing more than a seat-filler.

The fact that we kept this guy rather than trust Lukaku makes it hard for me to warm to him as well and he's fortunate that we have such a paucity of talent up-front. He's also deceptively weak.

Think this guy is the new Kalou - gets the third goal in a 3-0 win, will occasionally start and flatter to deceive but is ultimately nothing more than a seat-filler.

The fact that we kept this guy rather than trust Lukaku makes it hard for me to warm to him as well and he's fortunate that we have such a paucity of talent up-front. He's also deceptively weak.

Ba was supposed to leave in the summer and join Arsenal on loan but everything fell apart when Ozil signed for Arsenal.So,I really don't think Jose deserves all the hate for deciding to send Lukaku out on loan and getting the chance to play every week instead of battling with 4 strikers at Chelsea.

Roma offered Chelsea striker Ba

The Premier League club are holding out for an offer of €15 million for the forward, whose representatives have made contact with the Serie A high-flyers about a move

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2013/12/13/4475814/roma-offered-chelsea-striker-ba?ICID=OP

Roma offered Chelsea striker Ba

The Premier League club are holding out for an offer of €15 million for the forward, whose representatives have made contact with the Serie A high-flyers about a move

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2013/12/13/4475814/roma-offered-chelsea-striker-ba?ICID=OP

15mil ?! SOLD!

No one will offer 15mil for Ba, if someone does, no brainer.

For a big guy, he surprisingly doesn't win many balls in the air.

agreed. People call him target man here, which I agree would have been a good alternative if true, but he isn't that player. He's more of a poacher actually. He goes to the ground way too often for a guy of his build - really puzzling.

Actually think Lukaku is physically stronger and better in the air than Ba.

Ba is a decent player who can score goals, but he can't possibly be a starter for Chelsea (or Roma).

agreed. People call him target man here, which I agree would have been a good alternative if true, but he isn't that player. He's more of a poacher actually. He goes to the ground way too often for a guy of his build - really puzzling.

Actually think Lukaku is physically stronger and better in the air than Ba.

Ba is a decent player who can score goals, but he can't possibly be a starter for Chelsea (or Roma).

He's good at bringing aerial balls down with his chest, but he can't jump for nuts. An imperfect target-man, to say the least.

I'd take £5m for him! he's never worth £15m

His finishing is absolutely dreadful , and as discussed , his ability in the air is terrible for his height , he should be getting his head on everything...and his reaction speed is as good as a sloths