Fernando Torres

Don't you dare mention Kezman and bad signing in the same sentence again.

6 million quid for 7 goals. That's as bad as they come.

And I don't care how many goals he scored in the strikers paradise that is the Dutch Eredivisie. Virtually any idiot can go there and be a goal a game player. Its surreal the amount of strikers who have dominated that league and then proceeded to be wank when they left, Afonso Aves, Kezman, Suarez, to name but a few.

Yes you get the odd van Nistelrooy or van Persie but they're the exception rather than the rule.

Ahh, yes. Torres misses a sitter "it was a great save".

One of Kalou, Bosingwa, Malouda, Sturridge, Mikel miss a sitter- "FUCK OFF OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU USELESS MONEY GRABBING CUNTS."

They are all black. I remember this club in the 90s, not the nicest of places. Even during our CL win i heard a lot of racism, not against black but against Jews. When we won someone turned around and said "That shows them fucking jews doesn't it?" The guy didn't even know me, and that was just the tip of the iceberg. There were a LOT of chants like that.

It was complete tactical disaster for DB and well played tactics for Italy. For the last games Spain has been playing narrow (since Switzerland) to the point Spain were content to play in front of Italy which is using 3-5-2 formation where no width players helping to stretch the Italian defense. Despite the fact they often worked the ball into a position between the lines, the next pass was never available, as no-one was making a vertical run from behind. Many of Spain’s attempts were blocked, as they shot without trying to get past the Italian back three. So came in Navas who gave width but still no movement from the other forwards because most of the time Fabregas plays deep and inconsistent with his forward runs. So came in Torres who very well played the offside trap of Italy but not enough time to fully take advantage of defenders weakness with their offside traps.

Torres was predictable with his moves and used the same attacking movement he used against Victor Valdes and Paddy Kenny of QPR. a clever Buffon read the play well and narrowed Torres angles, made him move towards his right and the GK kept standing and was able to tackle him off the ball. You have to give credits to Buffon for his outstanding play.

As far as the story goes looks like Torres will be still be in a Chelsea uniform and we Chelsea supporters have no choice but to support our players. Hopefully he will prove us wrong and be instrumental to our winning campaign next season.

They are all black. I remember this club in the 90s, not the nicest of places. Even during our CL win i heard a lot of racism, not against black but against Jews. When we won someone turned around and said "That shows them fucking jews doesn't it?" The guy didn't even know me, and that was just the tip of the iceberg. There were a LOT of chants like that.

It's ridiculous some people still think that way. Those prejudice stereotypes never applied a hundred years ago, let alone now. I mean with our wide-spread fan base, we probably have more Jew fans today than Tottenham do.

I am not worried about his performance last night. Yes he could have scored two goals, but what is more important to me, that chip he was trying to make says much about his confidence growing, something he was missing last to years. He'll be great next season, if not I am sure we will sell him, end of story.

The wonders of a 50 million pricetag. Comfortably our worst signing since Winston Bogarde (its quite an achievement to beat Mutu, Tiago, Jarosik, Veron, Kezman, Shevchenko, perhaps even Mineiro and Crespo to that title) and yet people take to defend him at any possible opportunity.

Looking at that list, my, have we signed a steaming pile of wank since Roman took over.

Torres is no where near our worst signing! and how on earth can you add Crespo to that list?

The reason I say this is because it's baffling that so many Chelsea 'supporters' seem to put blind faith in an Ex-Liverpool :rant: player who still loves the reds, regardless whether the Liverpool fans like him or not, and clearly doesn't give a F' about being here.

He doesn't give a 'F' about being here? So why did he seek a meeting with the board for assurances about his role in the team? He wants to be playing. I believe it was the journalist Henry Winter that time and time again mentioned that Torres is the type of player that needs to know he is loved/wanted. He clearly needs to know people are confident in him. Maybe that isn't a great mindset for a footballer, but thats just the way he is, like it or not.

Did you see how he reacted when he couldn't take a penalty in the shootout vs. Bayern? He didn't care about the team. He just wanted personal glory, to try and drag himself out of the sh**hole he's dragged himself into, and that same hole we were in for a while this season courtesy of Mr. Nando.

Seems like your preconceptions about Torres have forced you into thinking this way. He wanted to take a penalty to help the team is another way of looking at it.

(And Mata and Luiz are already legends in many of our eyes)

No, they're not. Or, if they are 'in some eyes', they shouldn't be.

The moment any offer comes in for him, he'll jump at the chance to leave.

Will you then 'support' his new club?

He's already said he wants to stay and prove himself hasn't he? I don't think he'd ask to leave.

1) - He wants to be playing because no one likes to wake up in the morning and read "£50million bench warmer" as every headline.

If he wanted playing time, he wouldn't have left Liverpool for us. They had less strikers than us, less competition for a starting role, and was adored by fans.

2) - I'm not even trying to be funny, but he should know by now that after what feels like 10's of thousands of messed up chances in front of goal and chances to help the TEAM, that it's complete idiocy to think that he'd get the chance to take the most important kick of our clubs recent history. He'd probably fluff the shot or have it saved. Not exactly helping the team there, is it? The only reason anyone would want to take such an important kick under such circumstances would be to try and redeem themselves, with their own personal feelings ahead of the club's.

3) - Yes, they are. Just like Torres is a 'legend' in some of the supporters eyes at this club. Although I, you, or anyone else may or may not agree with it, you cannot just say "No, they're not" or that they shouldn't be, as it's not up to us to decide. That's like telling someone not to like the colour pink because it's 'girly'.

4) - I'm pretty sure he said he wanted to stay at Liverpool, regain his fitness and lead the club to glory. *fast forward a few weeks later* ... *hands in transfer request at a club which gave him almost everything where he was adored by supporters, players and staff*. Ooo, what a nice man.

Talk about loyalty and wanting to be there for the team.

Torres is no where near our worst signing! and how on earth can you add Crespo to that list?

Torres: 50 million pounds for 12 goals. Name me one transfer in recent memory that was even half as bad. More than 4 million pounds per goal. If Winston Bogarde wasn't such a douche, Torres would easily be our worst signing ever.

Crespo: 16 million pounds for 25 goals. And he kept getting homesick for Italy.

1) - He wants to be playing because no one likes to wake up in the morning and read "£50million bench warmer" as every headline.

If he wanted playing time, he wouldn't have left Liverpool for us. They had less strikers than us, less competition for a starting role, and was adored by fans.

It's not his fault that Chelsea paid £50m for him is it? If he had cost us £20m, would the media be so intent on judging his every move in order to justify his price tag? He handed in his transfer request when it was obvious that Liverpool wanted to sell. As I said before, he's the kind of player that needs to know that everybody is confident in him. Personally I think he's too fragile mentally, but as I said, that's just the way it is. You have to make the best of what you have.

2) - I'm not even trying to be funny, but he should know by now that after what feels like 10's of thousands of messed up chances in front of goal and chances to help the TEAM, that it's complete idiocy to think that he'd get the chance to take the most important kick of our clubs recent history. He'd probably fluff the shot or have it saved. Not exactly helping the team there, is it? The only reason anyone would want to take such an important kick under such circumstances would be too try and redeem themselves, with their own personal feelings ahead of the club's.

As I said, that's your interpretation, I simply don't agree with it but fine.

3) - Yes, they are. Just like Torres is a 'legend' is some eyes at this club. Although I, you, or anyone else may or may not want to agree with it, you cannot just say "No, they're not" or that they shouldn't be, as it's not up to us to decide. That's like telling someone not to like the colour pink because it's 'girly'.

Ok, let me put it this way, anyone who thinks that Mata and Luiz are Chelsea legends at this point in time, know nothing about football. And I can say that just in the same way that you can say Torres only wanted personal glory.

The wonders of a 50 million pricetag. Comfortably our worst signing since Winston Bogarde (its quite an achievement to beat Mutu, Tiago, Jarosik, Veron, Kezman, Shevchenko, perhaps even Mineiro and Crespo to that title) and yet people take to defend him at any possible opportunity.

Looking at that list, my, have we signed a steaming pile of wank since Roman took over.

it pains me to do it but I had to like it

Torres: 50 million pounds for 12 goals. Name me one transfer in recent memory that was even half as bad. More than 4 million pounds per goal. If Winston Bogarde wasn't such a douche, Torres would easily be our worst signing ever.

Crespo: 16 million pounds for 25 goals. And he kept getting homesick for Italy.

I'm not like you i don't judge players as bad signings based on Transfer fee's and goal stats! especially when the player earns the club millions in shirt sales alone! I judge players by actually watching them and seeing their actual contribution to the team. Torres has played a big part in Chelsea's success this season, whether you like it or not! no Torres hasn't scored 20+ goals for us, but he has contributed massively to the team, which is more than what can be said about virtually every other player you named.