Fernando Torres

Maddock is a first-class bastard who is part of the Merseyside journalistic mafia that can't understand how anybody could leave the embodiment of football heaven. I get fans and their myopic views but a journalist is supposed to at least pretend to be unbiased. There isn't even the pretense of that in Maddock's rants.

This article in February 2011, if you want to call it that, isn't fit to line a bird cage. And he wonders why Torres didn't want to talk to him or any other English press hack. No matter what Maddock thinks or says in this piece of crap, Torres didn't lose the fans until he left Liverpool. Even now you have to wonder if he's lost them because they're so obsessed with saying they're over him, they've moved on, yet they follow his every move.

Maddock proving what an idiot he is wrote this article in September 2010 about Torres. A complete 180 from February 2011.

Too bad Maddock doesn't write about the Spaniards, Torres and Reina, speaking against Hicks and Gillette while the two Merseyside boys, Carragher and Gerrard, were quietly sitting with their thumbs up their..... afraid to say anything.

I can't respect journalists who use their bully pulpit to simply hate a player because they left a club you supposedly report on. I can't respect that as a football fan or an educated adult.

I thought he played thw hole game against Man Utd in CL, the first leg :unsure:

Did he? I thought he was subbed off in like the 80th minutes or something?

Edit: You're right :lol:

Okay, but a full game in the league?

How can you be that sure ? in the first half he missed a 5 yards head-shot...

To be fair, that was similar to the riccochet shot that Kalou didn't score from either. Sure he was very close to goal but the header from Drogba was slightly behind him. You could see he fell back trying to get himself behind the ball.

I thought he played well yesterday and all this about the 4-4-2 not working was bollocks because we were excellent in the first half hour and the only reason we were losing was due to a long range strike (that Cech shoulda saved) and a bit of bad luck with hitting the bar. We dominated them and Torres' movement was really good.

It was obvious Ancelotti subbed Torres for tactical reasons since he wanted to go back to a 4-3-3 with Drogba in the middle. Torres had to go. Feel bad for Nando as it's clear to me that the FT-DD doesn't work but each time it fails he's taken off early, blamed if the team isn't winning, etc. Well, it's obvious that he and the team are playing an uncomfortable game. I still don't see him and DD playing with any recognition of each other .

Individually, I thought he was fine yesterday except for getting into the final scoring position or receiving that final killer pass. Well that's not all his fault. He did make some great passes early on. If SOME changes aren't made next season, it's going to be the same story. That's not good news for Chelsea and it's not good for Torres.

It was obvious Ancelotti subbed Torres for tactical reasons since he wanted to go back to a 4-3-3 with Drogba in the middle. Torres had to go. Feel bad for Nando as it's clear to me that the FT-DD doesn't work but each time it fails he's taken off early, blamed if the team isn't winning, etc. Well, it's obvious that he and the team are playing an uncomfortable game. I still don't see him and DD playing with any recognition of each other .

Individually, I thought he was fine yesterday except for getting into the final scoring position or receiving that final killer pass. Well that's not all his fault. He did make some great passes early on. If SOME changes aren't made next season, it's going to be the same story. That's not good news for Chelsea and it's not good for Torres.

Didn't get to see the match yesterday but this worries me. There most certainly will be changes to the team over the summer but all the transfer rumours suggest we're focused on even more strikers. Not the answer to our problems surely. I honestly don't know if the Torres/Drogba partnership can ever work and I'm not sure a pre-season should be spent/wasted trying to find out if it can.

There is one thing I don't like about his game and that is seeing him receive the ball on the flanks and then trying to do something. He'll come out good, but I'd rather see Drogba in our attack at the moment with Torres as a super sub.

I thought he played well yesterday and all this about the 4-4-2 not working was bollocks because we were excellent in the first half hour and the only reason we were losing was due to a long range strike (that Cech shoulda saved) and a bit of bad luck with hitting the bar. We dominated them and Torres' movement was really good.

You're excellent when you create a lot of chances, which is what we didn't. We dominated in terms of possession but possession means nothing if you hardly create anything. We were far more incisive when we switched to 4-3-3.

And I keep reading people say we played 4-4-2 but we didn't. We played the 4-3-2-1 formation (4-2-1-2-1 to be more precise).

And I keep reading people say we played 4-4-2 but we didn't. We played the 4-3-2-1 formation (4-2-1-2-1 to be more precise).

Noticed it too! Seemed like Mikel & Essien were deployed as 2 holding players while Malouda & Drogba played just behind Torres

I may have a little sun damage from being outside most of the day watching youth football. If it was a 1 up top with Torres why did it seem he was playing so wide and deep at times? Is that him not understanding his role or Carlo directing him where to be?

I may have a little sun damage from being outside most of the day watching youth football. If it was a 1 up top with Torres why did it seem he was playing so wide and deep at times? Is that him not understanding his role or Carlo directing him where to be?

Didn't get that too. He's useless out wide so he should really stop doing that (or if CA's telling him to do that, he should stop doing that).

Him dropping deep might have to do with position switching.

Didn't get that too. He's useless out wide so he should really stop doing that (or if CA's telling him to do that, he should stop doing that).

Him dropping deep might have to do with position switching.

It's just Carlo with his usual penchant for rotation among the front 3.

Torres should be asked to stay central and run onto slide rule passes from the midfield, it's what he's best at.