Fernando Torres

Pacheco's full "apology". Sad that he has justify why he's congratulating a friend and mentor. All of which says a lot about the characters of Pacheco, Torres and the idiots who jumped on the boy's back.

I'm just happy for him, thats all, dont wanna get in trouble with anybody, he helped me outside of football, in general life, thats all. Sorry if someone didnt like what i said before, i took it off. im just happy as a person, as a young boy, who came to england, and a Spanish hero helped me a lot, more that what anyone could think, so im just happy for him, for his life, for his family, thats all. I love lfc and I wanna play for LFC, THATS ALL.

Daniel Pacheco about Fernando Torres, on twitter.

1. He didn't even need to remove the initial post

2. Why should he apologize? For being a decent young man? For congratulating a friend?

There are too many stupid, narrow minded people out there who think being supportive of your team gives you the right to be a first class a-hole and hide behind the anonymity of the Internet.

Pacheco's full "apology". Sad that he has justify why he's congratulating a friend and mentor. All of which says a lot about the characters of Pacheco, Torres and the idiots who jumped on the boy's back.

I'm just happy for him, thats all, dont wanna get in trouble with anybody, he helped me outside of football, in general life, thats all. Sorry if someone didnt like what i said before, i took it off. im just happy as a person, as a young boy, who came to england, and a Spanish hero helped me a lot, more that what anyone could think, so im just happy for him, for his life, for his family, thats all. I love lfc and I wanna play for LFC, THATS ALL.

He actually seems frightened by his own fans, feel sorry for him.

Sounds like a muppet, to let a bunch of scousers harrass you like that.

Chelsea's Carlo Ancelotti learned a truth about his natural predators – they work best on their own.

Carlo Ancelotti has solved his striker problem. When Fernando Torres emerged after 76 minutes on Saturday, the Italian substituted Didier Drogba. It is clearly a case of the two together being less effective in Chelsea's favoured system. Both of the forwards need providers either side to flourish. Take away one of those providers to accommodate a front two and the effect is nullified. Ancelotti knew that Florent Malouda, Salomon Kalou and Yossi Benayoun could all create; now he knows that both Drogba and Torres can score.Drogba was at the heart of Chelsea's attacking play against West Ham United, with Malouda supporting to his left and Kalou to his right. Each of those two can drift past opponents with the ball take a man out of the game and open up space for the Ivorian. In an ideal scenario, Frank Lampard, the main Chelsea breaking player, would prefer Malouda to hold a wider starting position so he has a clearer channel into which to surge. But theirs is a system the players understand and in which they are comfortable.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/apr/25/fernando-torres-chelsea-west-ham-united

Bingo.

Pacheco has more class than those ridiculous Scousers.

Did anyone catch Aldridge on Sky Sports going on and on about Torres? His latest classy comment "I refuse to wish him well".

It's been almost 3 months since Torres left Liverpool, probably three of the longest months of his career. He's handled himself with professionalism and grace in a very public situation. Its evident his teammates like him no matter what anybody else says. Yet the damn Scousers can't seem to let it go. It's pathetic and sad. I guess their true colors are revealed - best fans in the world? Sure, if you want myopic fans who can't think for themselves.

For me, Liverpool fans will always be the the most pathetic fans ever, I bloody hate them with passion.

I swear that if Lampard or Drogba left for another club (be it Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs) I'd still love them as players. Seems stupid to me to waste years of my life celebrating and going mad when they score, shout their names, put pictures of them over the internet and then all of a sudden hate them? No, it's against my nature.

You have to appreciate what a player does for your club. Shame those Scouse cunts cannot appreciate the fact that if Fernando didn't score all those goals for them they wouldn't even be in the Europa League now.

What seriously makes me laugh is that when Fernando left Atletico, there fans brought his Liverpool shirt and supports Fernando in what ever he does, he leaves Liverpool they burn his shirts call him every name under the sun but apparently he will "never be as loved as he was at Anfield".

They claim there over him and are glad he has gone but still talk about him but there still insistent Suarez is a superior player, its like when a girl dumps a lad for another lad he clearly hates, the dumped lad gets a new girlfriend he will tell any one that listen's she is superior and better but deep down he would take his ex back in a shot if she offered, same here with Fernando and the scousers.

They dont really have a right to gloat about that price tag since they used 70% of that money to sign ANDY CARROLL.

Arsenal with the Ashley Cole saga werent that much better either.

Sometimes when I hear about how Torres won't ever be loved like he was in Liverpool, I suspect what Liverpool fans really mean is that they'll never love another player like they did Torres. But that may be too difficult to admit so it's back to bashing Torres and going on and on about how they don't even care anymore.

Look at how Stamford Bridge celebrated Torres' goal. If he works hard and bangs in the goals, he'll do just fine. He doesn't have a celebrity personality or lifestyle but look at the attention he generates. It's not a coincidence that he's beloved at Atletico and was at Liverpool while he was there. He's a quiet one but he's got star quality. I have no doubts Suarez and maybe to a lesser extent, Carroll will do well at Liverpool. I'm not quite sure they'll generate the same type of adulation on a global basis like Torres did.

After watching (and re-watching) Torres first Chelsea goal this weekend I had a few rambling thoughts:

14 Chelsea games, 732 minutes, average 52 minutes a game

14 Chelsea games, 1260 minutes if he'd played 14 full games

The start may not have been what he or anybody else expected but it is what it is. Torres has played with the team, they've gotten used to him and vice versa. He hasn't run himself into the ground playing injured (with Chelsea). Hopefully with a summer off and half a season under his belt, he'll come back better than ever. Maybe in the long run this awkward and painful transition will be the best for him and the team. I think most players can empathize with a player going through a bad "moment" and appreciate the hard work and frustration. The camaraderie from the team when he scored was something I haven't seen very often in sports. They all truly seemed happy for him and that says something about the players and Torres. I loved Carlo's reaction on the sideline too.

Torres has handled himself like a true professional by all accounts in the dressing room and Carlo. This is the worst stretch of his professional career and like they say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

The goal, that swivel turn and finish was instinctive finishing. That was the Torres I remember watching. He played with a swagger and purpose and it was fun to watch. Maybe the comforts of moving into a home and being with his young family were the missing puzzle. When he scored his first Liverpool goal this season he looked tired and relieved. When he scored his first Chelsea goal he looked ecstatic.

Frank on Torres