Fernando Torres

Hard to believe, preseason training is only a little over a month away. Crazy that these guys train/play about 11 months a year. Surprise they're not falling apart by 30.

http://www.fernando9torres.com/index.php?p=4584

Torres: “It is exciting to know I will be going back to Asia with Chelsea”

img4de6586d27d50.jpg Fernando Torres is no stranger to Asia and cannot wait to be back there in a Chelsea shirt. The Spanish striker, who joined Chelsea from Barclays Premier League rivals Liverpool at the end of January has visited Asia in the past with both The Reds and first club Atletico Madrid, and admits he was surprised at the reception he received each time.

“I went to Asia twice with Liverpool. The first time I didn't realise how many Asian fans are aware of the Premier League, it is so popular around the world,' said the 27-year-old. 'We arrived in the airport and there were thousands of fans waiting for the plane, it was an amazing reception.”

“Every day at the hotel, the training ground, everywhere, it was amazing. Premier League stars are obviously so important to fans there and it was a nice surprise for me, and a good experience.”

“You realise how important it is for them, that they only have maybe one chance to see their favourite players and the teams they want to see, so it is important for them and it is important for the club to stay as close as possible to these fans.”

Having visited Hong Kong and Bangkok before, Torres is now looking forward to returning, as well as taking in Kuala Lumpur, our first stop in mid-July.

“We had some days off, and got to see some of the places a little bit,” he explained. “Hong Kong is an amazing city, and I was with Atletico in Shanghai so I have been to other parts of China, it's an impressive country.”

“I also really like Thailand, the people there were very polite. I didn't know so much about the continent but now I know more and learned a lot, so it is exciting to know I will be going back there with Chelsea.”

Of course for the players the emphasis is more on work than play, and Torres sees pre-season trips as a key time in creating an effective team spirit.

“You have time every day to spend time with your team-mates, pre-season is a great time to get to know each other and help new people arrive so it will be good to be all together for a couple of weeks and create a very good relationship outside of the pitch,” said the Spaniard.

No doubt Chelsea fans in Asia are as keen to see him as he is them.

I've read in the past that Torres admired the way Rooney aka Shrek played, vice versa. I hate him just a little less.

Going to sleep guys gonna count 19 sheep to help me sleep. #whenwasurlastleaguewasibornohyearbarley

Goodnight all sweet dreams. #torresallday ooooosssssshhhhhhh

Only Saying what every Liverpool fan and player or ex player was saying 1 year ago. Torres best over last 20 years. #oooff

@stevotodd zzzzzzzz Torres best Liverpool player in last 20 years facts. Look at the stats. Zzzzzzzz

@Pippo_dev Torres ten times out of ten (regarding Torres or Suarez)

@PaulGrat1 what u doing stato Torres would walk in your team everytime. U don't become a bad player cause of 1 season

So Rooney's on Twitter right now standing up for Torres.

Am in a parallel universe?! :o

Nice..

Lmao, at liverpool fans saying Suarez is better.. how long has he been there, 2 seconds?

The way (a majority) of liverpool fans treat former players.. smh

No class.

I've read in the past that Torres admired the way Rooney aka Shrek played, vice versa. I hate him just a little less.

Going to sleep guys gonna count 19 sheep to help me sleep. #whenwasurlastleaguewasibornohyearbarley

Goodnight all sweet dreams. #torresallday ooooosssssshhhhhhh

Only Saying what every Liverpool fan and player or ex player was saying 1 year ago. Torres best over last 20 years. #oooff

@stevotodd zzzzzzzz Torres best Liverpool player in last 20 years facts. Look at the stats. Zzzzzzzz

@Pippo_dev Torres ten times out of ten (regarding Torres or Suarez)

@PaulGrat1 what u doing stato Torres would walk in your team everytime. U don't become a bad player cause of 1 season

I bet someone hacked into his account whistling.gif

Torres needs a good pre-season, like Anelka did in Asia in 2008.

Agreed! Anelka was on fire then! That amazing hat-trick against Milan in the Railways Cup!

I hope as well, we have a decent pre-season overall. If I remember rightly, we lost every single one of our European tour matches. We lost to the likes of Ajax, Eintracht Frankfurt and Hamburg, and Ross Turnbull had an absolute nightmare when he played.