Fernando Torres

What the fuck was that? Dearie me. Absolute bollocks. We cry before every game for him to be given 90 minutes and when he does get it, he comes up with this stinking pile of horse radish poo. We're the laughing stock of world football.

It's becoming clearer (and along with Ray Wilkins) that Ancelotti really did want Torres and it wasn't just an Abramovich buy. So can we quit the 'he's the owner's new toy' talk?

That was obvious. A year ago there were roumors about Torres, press asked Carlo if he would want to have him, Carlo said that he would.

We're the laughing stock of world football.

A bit dramatic Max? :lol:

He was lively today. Growing with each performance, obviously not operating at that level we know he can, but I still think he's still bonding and gelling with the squad. We thought his first would trigger a wave, but fixtures haven't been easy for him since then.

Simply too early to make him out to be an awful buy.

Oh dear... that was bad. He's playing like a Ryman Premier League player just been signed by a prem club and been thrown in at the deep end (Bit like DJ Campbell for Birmingham). I can't even say he's another Shevchenko because Sheva was better and he was 30 and past it. Torres looks 27 and due to retire. Sorry times.

Roman's obsession with buying the 'finished article' has cost us. He learned nothing from the Shevchenko ordeal.

What kind of businessman doesn't learn from his mistakes?

Piazon.:whistling:

His worst performace yet but please keep the faith

Nicolas Anelka

Bran Ivan

Ramires

Ashley Cole

Florent Malouda

All them were abysmal when they started for Chelsea, did we press the panic button with them? no and we have (or are) reaping the rewards.

A bit dramatic Max? :lol:

He was lively today. Growing with each performance, obviously not operating at that level we know he can, but I still think he's still bonding and gelling with the squad. We thought his first would trigger a wave, but fixtures haven't been easy for him since then.

Simply too early to make him out to be an awful buy.

:lol: No seriously, if say United or Madrid had spent 50 million on him for what we saw today, I guarantee that you and I and our neighbours and their dogs and the fleas on them would be laughing our respective asses off!

I'm not criticizing the signing, of course not. He will come good, form is temporary and class is permanent and all that, but he was horrific today. Got taken off the ball as easily as a 5 year old. A first touch worse than anyone else on the pitch, no composure, no menace, no fight, no hunger. You only need to see the way he performed against Ham to know what desire is. If it hadn't been for the even more shambolic Anelka he would have definitely been my flop of the match. Completely made jokers out of us who were calling for him to given a full game.

The contract is for 5 years and not 5 months as I like to say, but the lad isn't worth a fiver atm.

How does that make up for spending £50m on Torres?

It's standard procedure for any big club, to sign the odd youth player from abroad.

Well we wanted signing like Chicharito.

Maybe that odd player can be the one.

:lol: No seriously, if say United or Madrid had spent 50 million on him for what we saw today, I guarantee that you and I and our neighbours and their dogs and the fleas on them would be laughing our respective asses off!

I'm not criticizing the signing, of course not. He will come good, form is temporary and class is permanent and all that, but he was horrific today. Got taken off the ball as easily as a 5 year old. A first touch worse than anyone else on the pitch, no composure, no menace, no fight, no hunger. You only need to see the way he performed against Ham to know what desire is. If it hadn't been for the even more shambolic Anelka he would have definitely been my flop of the match. Completely made jokers out of us who were calling for him to given a full game.

The contract is for 5 years and not 5 months as I like to say, but the lad isn't worth a fiver atm.

Manchester United can't talk, the amount of wasteful signings they've made with big money goes beyond ours. Funny how they all forget Berbatov's price tag & how they wanted him sold in his first season, but look at him now, still the league's top scorer.

Yeah I know what you mean, but like you said, in the Hammers' game he was completely different. So we know he's still sharp & deadly & hungry and all this. It's just a matter of player psychology. His state of mind will only change once this season is over. He, more than anyone, knows this entire season has been awful for him. Roy Hodgson, the owners & the transfer all took it's toll on him. He needs a long term break and pre-season he must focus on gelling with the squad.

What concern me, is that you've never seen him smile once, except the time when he has scored.

Even when he's scoring for fun he can be a pouty brat.

I have to say as much as I love Fernando this half season has been miserable to watch him with a few exceptions here and there. Today was not a good Fernando moment. There were days at Liverpool where he'd look like absolute sh*t for 89 minutes and then have a bit of magic. I hope he enjoys the first summer off in years, finds his mojo back, and comes back ready. Right now he looks tired of football, on and off the field. I'm not ready to give up on him yet but he and I both need a break.