Fernando Torres

Rooney did tweet after our West Ham game that he was pleased for Nando and I'm not surprised to see he prefers him to Suarez. They are in different classes - as every Liverpool fan would have agreed before January 31st.

Watching Spain-USA. He came on at half-time (they're still 3-0 up) and I feel sorry for him. He's getting the balls from Alonso but not converting them. He's hit the post, but that's the closest he's come.

Still been very poor. This goal will help, but not by much because of how long it is till he next plays..

Had an earlier chance he should have done better with. Spain has a friendly with Venezuela in three days and he'll probably get in that one too.

Had an earlier chance he should have done better with. Spain has a friendly with Venezuela in three days and he'll probably get in that one too.

He may not as Pedro and Llorente didn't play tonight. Since it's a friendlies tour, I imagine they'll replace Negredo and Torres. Villa with his top scorer position will likely start.

The kicker may be that Venezuela may have a "we want to see the stars clause" in the agreement with Spain (as world champs, they reportedly get 2M euros per friendly nowadays, Brazil tops at 3M). In that case someone like Torres may be played. I firmly believe that's why Casillas came on at the end of the game.