Sunderland v Chelsea

Jase

Here's the lineup:

Cech

Ivanovic-Cahill-Luiz-Cole

Ramires-Romeu

Moses-Mata-Hazard

Torres

Good to see we're playing Ivanovic so we get extra men for the set pieces as Larsson and Gardener rn't too good with the set pieces so we need guyz who can get these loose balls. Romeu will have to have his passing in top form as the DMs do record high passing numbers v Sunderland.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems Rafa doesn't fancy Oscar, can't say he's resting him anymore.

He should've rested Hazard who has literally played every match and performed as well.

Nah I read an article on goal.com that did mention that Oscar would do well with Rafa as he is someone who suits Rafa's system and he might see Oscar as Gerrard as he requires a good central pivot in the midfield and he had Aimar in Valencia (Oscar's more like Aimar). @gary gordon's right Oscar's young and needs time to develop his body and Hazard's more developed physically and can cope with the hectic scheduling better than Oscar.

Oscar is definitely being saved. He is only a young fella and to play him week in and week out can be very dangerous. He needs time to develop his body to take the rigors of the PL. I'd be happy to see him get 20-30 mins a game.

A win us very likely today so I am very hopeful. Interesting that Rafa doesn't want to start Oscar yet. I think it's a combination of only wanting 2 number 10 types in the lineup and wanting to bring Oscar along more slowly. We've got a lot of games so he will undoubtedly play a crucial role for us this season but taking it a little slower is not the worst idea.

LIne up is alright. We cannot play every one of our attacking players... Romeu actually impressed me for the first time in a while (albeit vs nords), and moses adds something extra to the attack. I would probably have gone with oscar for rambo, for passing over stamina and defensive ability but rambo is perfectly good there of course... only weird thing for me is ivan at rb, Azpi for me deserves to start as he has been our best player in recent games...

LAMPARD ON THE BENCH, PURE QUALITY TO COME ON IN THE SECOND HALF. :wub:

3934676_o.gif

SUPER FRANK!

Nah I read an article on goal.com that did mention that Oscar would do well with Rafa as he is someone who suits Rafa's system and he might see Oscar as Gerrard as he requires a good central pivot in the midfield and he had Aimar in Valencia (Oscar's more like Aimar). @gary gordon's right Oscar's young and needs time to develop his body and Hazard's more developed physically and can cope with the hectic scheduling better than Oscar.

Oscar is young yes but so is Hazard. Everyone has their limits. Playing every game is exhausting ( See Hazard's form recently) so I would've put Hazard on the bench.