UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Ok your team is better than last year, but if Blanc can manage to become a real manager maybe he'll understand that Motta and Cavani should go on the bench... Last year Ibra wasn't there to perform magic, and Pastore was still in a confidence pit... despite that 3rd goal in the first game! This year, Ibra, pastore and Lucas are literally on fire and I'm confident we can do much better thant last year, although it really was a close call... Well anyway it's gonna be 2 great games!

Has Motta been that bad? I was impressed by him in our first leg last season.

We are a much better team, and I mean offensively when you add in Luis, Fabregas and Costa this team is 50/50 with Barca, Bayern and Real to win it. I'm not worried about Ibra, I'm more worried about Lucas and the wing's because that's been our weakness all year is defending against crosses. I love our odds and we need a tough game to test this team out.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your time on here. Always good to see a person in the states follow the Blues! :blue scalf:

Regardless we lost to Newcastle does that make us a bad team? What am weary about is that out of all the other teams we could have faced they are the biggest threat and they have the biggest quality but I fancy us to topple them. Realistically it wouldn't be a suprise if they beat us cause they got some good individuals!

Toughest team we could have drawn. I'm very worried mainly because our defense has declined this season and we haven't defended well even in games where we have parked the bus. But then again PSG are exactly like us in the sense that they struggle against teams that park the bus as well so this factor along with David the clown Luiz are the only obvious weakness we can exploit.

In theory is a great team with a horrible defense... but they haven't been playing that well all their matches.

But as you and others pointed out, City has no UCL confidence whereas Barça has tons of it. I still believe City will qualify. I hope I'm wrong though

Don't think Manchester City are the overwhelming favourites but they certainly have a good chance of beating Barcelona over two legs, especially if they can get the likes of Aguero fully fit and firing. Barcelona have hardly been convincing this season (or for the past 2 seasons) and have relied on individual qualities to win them games. There's nothing cohesive about them at the moment and beyond their front line, they are almost average. The worst part is, in 22 matches this season, Luis Enrique has played 22 different lineups, which is just plain ridiculous! He said he wants to keep his players on their toes and their opponents guessing but it does seem more of a case of him not knowing what his best side is.

What are you on about? Aguero used to destroy Barcelona at Atletico on a regular basis.

Did he though?

I recall him only scoring twice in 8 occasions against Barca during his entire stint at Atletico and it was a deflection goal as well as a consolation goal.

Did he though?

I recall him only scoring twice in 8 occasions against Barca during his entire stint at Atletico and it was a deflection goal as well as a consolation goal.

Yeah. He was always an absolute menace against them, and against Real as well.

Really looking forward to playing them, Laurent Blanc has been nothing short of awful with his tactics and tactical substitutions this year. Today he took off Cavani in a 0-0 game and brought on some kid named Bahebeck?? Who was shockingly poor... If they don't go back in the window in January I think we can turn them over quite easily, they look worse than last year when they lacked a plan B.