The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez: "I think we played very good football, very attractive football during the whole season" #CFC

Yea right..

maybe he has another definition of "attractive" football. but no matter, he achiedved what he had to. and we had someo quite good games under his management, as well as really bad ones. it wasnt his fault, that our squad was to thin and we made some wrong decisions in the summer.

On some matches, I was not keen on some of his selections.

But I must say I'm quite pleased by what he has achieved.

The team was defending better, with Di Matteo, we were conceding too many crosses and shots on goals, whith too little pressing in the wide areas.

And with Eden, I'm very pleased of what he has done, it's like the first proper coach he has had, his overall game has so much improved.

The fact that Benitez is a "teacher" (Materazzi) was good for him, as Eden wants to enjoy the game and I think reacts better with this kind of approach than theatrics or motivationnal speech with no substance behind like the former national coach used to do (Leekens).

Benítez: If you know the circumstances, it was a transition with young players. Consider that [Didier] Drogba, [Raul] Meireles, [salomon] Kalou, [Michael] Essien and [Florent] Malouda had left,

I liked this statement .... Looks like Malouda had been hiding from him all along :P

Thank you Rafa for the good work and you deserve my respect. I respect you more than AVB. You've done amazing lately, we barely lost any games recently except Southampton, but most players were rested for FA cup. If it wasn't for the special one, I wouldnt mind Roman to extend your contract.

Farewell.