The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite some baffling decisions and rocky moments along the way, ultimately, Benitez guided us into the Top 3 which we all wanted and predicted at the very least in the beginning of the season. And he also won us a trophy, even if its just the Europa League. We should have won 1-2 more and that's the frustrating thing. Otherwise, he has done a decent, I stress decent, job of what was asked of him.

'I received hundreds of messages, more than 200 messages on the website, from Chelsea fans saying thank you very much.

'For me that is enough, and also the players telling me things privately.

'The majority of [the supporters] were very positive in the end. That is good.

'We couldn't change the opinion of some of them. We tried to do our best until the end.'

We gave him a hard time, but only because he did some really out-of-this-world decisions. Eventually, we have to say thanks because he did a good job.

I can now use the nickname comfortably so: Thank you, Rafa! Goodbye! blue%20scalf.gif

We got our fairytale ending just like last year. 3rd place and another European trophy doesn't sound bad at all. Now looking forward to the summer and onto the next season with our ambition to win the EPL title higher than ever. Well done to Rafa, it wasn't an easy spell for him with all the media and especially fan pressure and he did have some really tough time in January/February, but bottom line is he won us a prestigious trophy and qualified us for next years Champions League and I'm very thankful for that. Regardless of everything he and our fans are separating on good terms. Good luck, Rafa, and all the best :)

'I received hundreds of messages, more than 200 messages on the website, from Chelsea fans saying thank you very much.

'For me that is enough, and also the players telling me things privately.

'The majority of [the supporters] were very positive in the end. That is good.

'We couldn't change the opinion of some of them. We tried to do our best until the end.'

200 isn't really that much, is it?

And why on earth is he always talking about himself as "we"?

I've never liked him and I'm glad he's gone. Hopefully he'll find a kwality cloob where they love him.

Fair play to Rafa in the way he's been very professional throughout most of this, which has surprised me quite a bit. I'll still question some of the decisions he's made over the season, he hasn't been the revelation the media will have you believe he's been but he does have some class about him in a way, and he is departing the club with his record in tact and the respect from most CFC fans and most football fans.

Thanks Rafa. Wish you the best in the future (of course, not against us though).

It's now time for The Special One to come in and take us to the level we belong to.

200 isn't really that much, is it?

And why on earth is he always talking about himself as "we"?

I've never liked him and I'm glad he's gone. Hopefully he'll find a kwality cloob where they love him.

Take that number and compare it to the 10 thousand who have signed an online petition against him. :D

Take that number and compare it to millions of fans that have mutual respect for his achievements here.

Havent really seen the millions that you are talking about.

Anyway, thank fuck hes finally off (in a few days, to be precise) and there wont be any discussions of this kind anymore.

He is a good manager, his subs are strange, but that's probably due to his think outside the box ways.

Anyway it's nice to see a lot of us fans give him the credit he deserves, good luck to you Benitez.

Anyway, thank fuck hes finally off (in a few days, to be precise) and there wont be any discussions of this kind anymore.

We hate some persons because we do not know them; and will not know them because we hate them.

-Charles Caleb Colton

He's got some real devotees (potential stalkers) though…

From Rafa's website:

I am a young local coach from NIGERIA and a chelsea fan. And i av learn alot tings from u than eny other cfc coach cos i watch all chelsea match to learn. What i learn from u is how to beleave in all your player, i love how u give all the player chance and u make my dream come true by playing DAVID luiz as a midfielder. I wich i could av the opotunity to meet u once in my career and ask u some qustion. I will been following u every where u go now to learn more from u. And i hope u win the match on sunday 4 me cos is my birthday.

-----------------------------------------

Rafa Benitez is a football god. I have been a Manchester City fan for nearly 70 years and I can think of no better manager to take over from Mancini than Rafa. I really cannot fathom why we are entertaining the thought of employing Pellegrini when Rafa is available. Rafa has won so many trophies and proved himself year after year. He is the only man for me. We will win the Champions League with him in charge. I hope the Sheikh visits this website so that he can read this post!

------------------------------------------

A PUBLIC APOLOGY

I am a lifelong Liverpool FC fan who feels compelled to make a comment regarding the managerial ability of Rafa. I was amongst a small, yet vocal, minority of LFC fans who felt that his dismissal by the Reds was justified. However, with the power of hindsight I can whole-heartedly state that I was very VERY wrong. Rafa's work at Chelsea this season has been remarkable. Sorry Rafa for my past, cruel, ill-informed words. I would take you back at LFC in an instant. You are undoubtedly the Premier League Manager of the Season. Good luck for the future (as manager of Real Madrid?)