Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

OneMoSalah

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tautvix said:

So why we don't spend?

Because the board is a joke. Put this board at another top club and they wouldn't even see out an entire year before getting sacked. 

14 hours ago, Jype said:

Yeah. There's only a slight problem that getting in a new CF, RW, CM, LWB and RWB needs a HUGE amount of work to be done by the board, not to mention a lot of money which the club seem really reluctant in spending for some reason. So far the board have managed to pull off two signings (not counting Caballero because a backup GK on a free is as straightforward a deal as it gets) in two months and there's only a few weeks left till the season starts so I absolutely cannot see them getting in five players done in time and that's why letting go so many squad players is kinda moronic.

If the club does indeed make five more additions to the team with at least the striker being a top class player and the rest of them at least adequate squad members then yeah all is good, but right now it doesn't really look like anything is being done about most of those positions. Here are the facts:

1) The club were already caught dithering with the striker problem and that caused missing out on Conte's first choice target. The second choice, Morata, is looking likely to slip away too and also Dortmund keep reminding everyone that potential buyers only have a few more days left to buy Aubameyang but so far not a single formal offer has come in and they have even denied being in negotiations with Chelsea. Something needs to happen and fast!

2) All the eggs were put in the Alex Sandro basket for LWB signing but that's not gonna happen now. The second best option, Mendy, is already going to Man City so who's next? I'd go and get Ryan Bertrand back from Southampton but won't be easy negotiating with that club. 

3) Chalobah was sold and Matic is being frozen out without as much as a peep about a replacement so I'm having a really hard time believing anything is being done about that. This for me is even more worrying than the striker situation because Bakayoko is injured till September and it's a massive risk to go in with just Kante and Fabregas as the only available central midfielders. There's really important league games against top6 coming up already in the first few rounds and losing too many points there can really hurt the season so the club simply can't wait till September 1st to sign the central midfielder version of Papy Djilobodji.

4) Same as above for attacking midfielders. Hazard is still out for a good while and even after recovering he'll need time to get back to full fitness having missed out pre-season entirely so for the moment Conte is left with just Willian and Pedro as first team wingers. Not as acute an issue as the CF and CM departments but still one signing is needed here for squad depth. Only seen some rumours today about Yannick Carrasco but remains to be seen whether there's something real about those reports, would be a good choice tho. 

The last two title defenses in 10/11 and 15/16 were nothing short of embarrassing and the key reason for both those was the club's reluctance in making improvements in the squad through new signings. Go back two years to read this forum and people were just as concerned as now and they were right so it's more than understandable to raise questions now too. For most clubs this would be the time to try build up momentum by making some key signings and really go for the back-to-back title wins and a good European campaign, but Chelsea have history of resting on their laurels over the summer after a convincing title win and call me crazy but I'm honestly sensing the same kind of pattern here this time around. Will be really glad if I'm proven wrong though.

In response to:

1) You seem to believe every narrative that is negative regarding buying a new striker. Lukaku seems to have been beyond our valuation the entire time, so its a bit rough to label it as being "caught dithering". Regarding Morata and PEA we are at a stage called negotiating, and no one on this forum is involved in it. Dortmund will say one thing publically, another privately. Do you believe everything organisations say? Since it is going to cost a lot regardless, it makes sense that the board wants to explore all options first. We got Luiz and Alonso late last window, but both worked out just fine. I too prefer players having a pre-season a lot, but not every transfer is a simple "Hi, I would like to buy please". 

2) You don't know that, and yet you have no problem presenting it as a fact. There have been rumours about Telles as well, so there is a second basket you can put your eggs in. 

3) Again, you say Matic being frozen out as if it is a fact. What if he is the one who wants to leave? We heard almost nothing about Rudiger until Di Marzio within one day said that everything was done, so transfers or at least rumours about them can come very fast seemingly from nowhere.

4) Matt Law has been reporting for over a month that Conte wants a RW. I assume we will get one. 

Look, I understand that it is easy to think the worst. The thing though is that we just dont know a lot. There could be several deals being negotiated as we speak. I know the last Mourinho season had a terrible window, but history does not always repeat itself. 
Obviously I hope that we sign all our targets today, but the club has limited funds and a lot of transfer targets. It is really hard to balance this. People here just continously expect the club to pay whatever it takes for each target, but surely you realize how foolish this would be?
I dont personally know what is going on behind the scenes, but having started my career in M&A I just know how fucking tedious negotiations can be. You can have an agreement one day, only for it to be void the next. The more stakeholders are involved, the longer it takes. If the board fails to get us 3-4 big signings before the end of the window I too will damn them to hell, but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until then.

My priorities are in order: 
1: CF. Morata, Belotti or PEA would all be great purchases.
2. RWB & LWB. Both of these are ok right now, but we need to either get backups, or improvements.
3. RW. We need someone who can challenge Pedro and Willian for the right wing.
4. CM. I would look for depth here. Not expecting a large signing, maybe a 30+ for a short-term contract. 

Morata, Danilo, Telles/Sandro, Mahrez and random CM would be a great window imo.

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Batshuayi as main striker is asking for trouble.  If him and Llorente were our main 2, we are in for a rough time

and this is given we sign Llorente. NO idea why everyone including me is bringing him up all the time when there has not even been concrete interest in him from our side. Maybe wishful thinking from our side. 

Back OT. So what now? Pay Belotti's release clause or a similar amount for Morata? huge risk that. 

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

and this is given we sign Llorente. NO idea why everyone including me is bringing him up all the time when there has not even been concrete interest in him from our side. Maybe wishful thinking from our side. 

Back OT. So what now? Pay Belotti's release clause or a similar amount for Morata? huge risk that. 

Being German maybe you know more - is the Aubameyang "saga" over now or Watzke is bluffing in order to speed up the whole thing?

Maybe he's thinking - "Now that we say he's off the market, teams will panic and finally make their move." After all Dortmund need to find a replacement, too, can't wait until August for Chelsea to make up their mind.

20 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Being German maybe you know more - is the Aubameyang "saga" over now or Watzke is bluffing in order to speed up the whole thing?

Maybe he's thinking - "Now that we say he's off the market, teams will panic and finally make their move." After all Dortmund need to find a replacement, too, can't wait until August for Chelsea to make up their mind.

I think it is done. Last week on the 13th of August Dortmund said that they would still be open to listen to offers or a request by Aubameyang for a few days. Neither materialized. Dortmund fans I know said those few days were meant to end just before their game vs AC Milan, the last game of their Asia journey were Aubameyang should play if he stays. Exactly this has happened now. Just before the game, the Dormtund managers Zorc and Watzke claimed the window for Aubameyang is closed. So he is off the market now. Only an extraordinary offer north of 100m € will price him away now. Dortmund usually are a very tidily run club with regard to transfer and get transfers - both in and out - done early. No one will pay a world record fee for Auba so he will stay. 

All you spoiled little things can go support Milan or the next rich club, such as City. I'm so fed with you badmouthing this club, the board, nonstop because it doesn't reach your bloody stantard. A little moaning is okay out of frustration, but some of you went way overboard and keep repeating it. Just stfu if you're going to post for the 100th time the same BS. We got it, this club, the board, the injured player we signed all suck and Conte should leave or that if you were him you would. Don't be shy, lead the way.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You