Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

OneMoSalah

28 minutes ago, Barbara said:

All you spoiled little things can go support Milan or the next rich club, such as City. I'm so fed with you badmouthing this club, the board, nonstop because it doesn't reach your bloody stantard. A little moaning is okay out of frustration, but some of you went way overboard and keep repeating it. Just stfu if you're going to post for the 100th time the same BS. We got it, this club, the board, the injured player we signed all suck and Conte should leave or that if you were him you would. Don't be shy, lead the way.

im not going to complain, i remember when i was spoiled and wanted the club to sign this player or that player, but now i dont care who we sign as long as the club keeps on winning trophies, the days of Chelsea getting any player at any cost are gone, whats the point in overspending these days if you´re gonna win fuck all, ask City, i rather we focus on much needed targets, smart buys and not buy like crazy to avoid dressing room problems.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Who? :drunk:

596e44b64c0ea_201314_Chelsea_F.C._season_-_Wikipedia_-_2017-07-19_00_25_22.thumb.jpg.756a28d6f7c8f31124ae2587736a521f.jpg

We've sign Eto'o at 29th August.. when we only have Demba Ba as a striker with the 'true false 9'. If I remember correctly we play false 9 system with Schurrle several times back then. 

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

596e44b64c0ea_201314_Chelsea_F.C._season_-_Wikipedia_-_2017-07-19_00_25_22.thumb.jpg.756a28d6f7c8f31124ae2587736a521f.jpg

We've sign Eto'o at 29th August.. when we only have Demba Ba as a striker with the 'true false 9'. If I remember correctly we play false 9 system with Schurrle several times back then. 

Ended up not so well

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

The only time I remember us playing a False 9 was against Conte's Juve. And that was one of the worst performances I have seen in the last decade or so.

2 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

The only time I remember us playing a False 9 was against Conte's Juve. And that was one of the worst performances I have seen in the last decade or so.

Ah yes, maybe I mixed it up a bit with the formation and stuff. But if I remember correctly we did play Schurrle as a striker in several occasions.

33 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

im not going to complain, i remember when i was spoiled and wanted the club to sign this player or that player, but now i dont care who we sign as long as the club keeps on winning trophies, the days of Chelsea getting any player at any cost are gone, whats the point in overspending these days if you´re gonna win fuck all, ask City, i rather we focus on much needed targets, smart buys and not buy like crazy to avoid dressing room problems.

The irony about people idolizating City's policy is the same suspect's would be the first to relentlessly moan if we spunked a combined £150m on Walker, Stones and Sterling.

Market closed for Aubameyang; Chelsea are too late, ffs don't they know the Chelsea board like the weed and do everyding in a chilled manner , off in Jamaica after celebrating the Bakayoko deal back whenever.Sure 31 August man we get some randomers in by then relaxxxx.:cig:

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

You can't smart buy a striker now for a club like Chelsea. We have massive problem at hand and the pool of players is very, very small. We either pay up or be left with nothing. I don't see any logic at all with loose approach regarding strikers. "Not be held to ransom" and what are alternatives ? Striker is the position with limited options and we can't pull a rabbit out of the hat. It's not wing-back position when there's plenty of players with required skillset, at striker position you need everything, quality, experience, pedigree. Where we can find those outside of maybe 5 very obvious names ?

4 hours ago, Rekin said:

In response to:

1) You seem to believe every narrative that is negative regarding buying a new striker. Lukaku seems to have been beyond our valuation the entire time, so its a bit rough to label it as being "caught dithering". Regarding Morata and PEA we are at a stage called negotiating, and no one on this forum is involved in it. Dortmund will say one thing publically, another privately. Do you believe everything organisations say? Since it is going to cost a lot regardless, it makes sense that the board wants to explore all options first. We got Luiz and Alonso late last window, but both worked out just fine. I too prefer players having a pre-season a lot, but not every transfer is a simple "Hi, I would like to buy please". 

2) You don't know that, and yet you have no problem presenting it as a fact. There have been rumours about Telles as well, so there is a second basket you can put your eggs in. 

3) Again, you say Matic being frozen out as if it is a fact. What if he is the one who wants to leave? We heard almost nothing about Rudiger until Di Marzio within one day said that everything was done, so transfers or at least rumours about them can come very fast seemingly from nowhere.

4) Matt Law has been reporting for over a month that Conte wants a RW. I assume we will get one. 

Look, I understand that it is easy to think the worst. The thing though is that we just dont know a lot. There could be several deals being negotiated as we speak. I know the last Mourinho season had a terrible window, but history does not always repeat itself. 
Obviously I hope that we sign all our targets today, but the club has limited funds and a lot of transfer targets. It is really hard to balance this. People here just continously expect the club to pay whatever it takes for each target, but surely you realize how foolish this would be?
I dont personally know what is going on behind the scenes, but having started my career in M&A I just know how fucking tedious negotiations can be. You can have an agreement one day, only for it to be void the next. The more stakeholders are involved, the longer it takes. If the board fails to get us 3-4 big signings before the end of the window I too will damn them to hell, but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until then.

My priorities are in order: 
1: CF. Morata, Belotti or PEA would all be great purchases.
2. RWB & LWB. Both of these are ok right now, but we need to either get backups, or improvements.
3. RW. We need someone who can challenge Pedro and Willian for the right wing.
4. CM. I would look for depth here. Not expecting a large signing, maybe a 30+ for a short-term contract. 

Morata, Danilo, Telles/Sandro, Mahrez and random CM would be a great window imo.

1) Lukaku was most certainly not beyond the club's reach as far as value went. They just thought United would get Morata, paving the way clear for Chelsea to get Lukaku and from a better negotiating position without any competition for the player's signature also shave a little bit off the price because Everton had to sell him (he wanted to go). They even matched United's bid at the last minute so clearly they were willing to pay it, so if waiting long enough to get gazumped is not an obvious case of dithering I don't really know what is.

And for Aubameyang the narrative is that Dortmund set their internal deadline for the transfer months ago and everyone in the world knew it, Chelsea just decided not to act on it and Matt Law, the club's official mouthpiece in the media, wrote yesterday the club are taking things slow and not wanting to get bullied into paying too much for anyone. Well now the waiting game cost us the chance to sign Aubameyang because I wouldn't doubt Dortmund CEO's word on this. Maybe the club and Conte were never even interested in PEA to begin with but if that's the case then surely someone else must be coming in but who? Morata is very close to joining Milan and seems a pretty straightforward transfer for them because Real Madrid have a fixed price from which they won't budge and so far Milan seem to be the only club willing to pay it. There's still an outside chance of hijacking it from Milan but at the moment I wouldn't bet on it. Belotti will cost the full release clause too so if Lukaku was 'too expensive' then surely the Italian is too.

After already missing out on the first choice target Lukaku getting one of Auba/Morata/Belotti was an absolute must but now looks like one is definitely off the market and another is getting close to joining another club. Benteke or Llorente next if Belotti will prove too expensive?

2) We will see, I don't really rate Alex Telles but if he's signed and Conte wants him then fair enough. Not heard anything of him for weeks now tho, all really quiet.

3) Doesn't really matter if Matic is being frozen out by the club or if the man himself is the one angling for a move, fact still remains that he's as good as gone and with Chalobah already being sold the club have two fit first team central midfielders (+ Baker) with no replacement for Matic yet lined up. Rüdiger deal came out of the blue for obvious reasons and that's Roma having to make a quick sale to balance their FFP books after Manolas to Zenit fell through. Most deals aren't like that and some journo close to the clubs usually gets a whiff of negotiations taking place but so far we haven't heard anything, which to me is pretty obvious that nothing concrete is being done about it yet and at most the club are 'keeping tabs' on different options like with the strikers. Good signings like Luiz and Alonso can of course be made late in the window, but the longer they wait the bigger risk of another 'Djilobodji' type panic buy.

4) Yeah, maybe. Like I said this one's not a huge priority because when Hazard is fit having one of Pedro/Willian on the bench is most times enough so the new signing will mostly be just for squad depth. 

One thing's for sure though, the club have the money available (tv deal, Nike, Yokohama etc. and especially the already completed player sales) but for some reason just really reluctant to spend it and have been for a few years now. The club's net spend in the market for the last three years is like £10M or something, it's impossible to keep improving the team closer to Europe's elite if all new signings must be equally funded by player sales despite the ever growing income from commercial deals. 

I just read news from Simon Johnson of the Evening Standard that the club have scrapped previously made plans to play another domestic pre-season friendly before the season starts. Would bet my house on the reason for that being the severely small squad with zero depth so potentially losing players to injury is simply unacceptable and it's better to have the remaining first team players somewhat lacking match fitness than being out injured. Question is, if they planned on playing one more friendly and having a bigger squad by then, what's the holdup with the signings? 

55 minutes ago, Jype said:

1) Lukaku was most certainly not beyond the club's reach as far as value went. They just thought United would get Morata, paving the way clear for Chelsea to get Lukaku and from a better negotiating position without any competition for the player's signature also shave a little bit off the price because Everton had to sell him (he wanted to go). They even matched United's bid at the last minute so clearly they were willing to pay it, so if waiting long enough to get gazumped is not an obvious case of dithering I don't really know what is.

And for Aubameyang the narrative is that Dortmund set their internal deadline for the transfer months ago and everyone in the world knew it, Chelsea just decided not to act on it and Matt Law, the club's official mouthpiece in the media, wrote yesterday the club are taking things slow and not wanting to get bullied into paying too much for anyone. Well now the waiting game cost us the chance to sign Aubameyang because I wouldn't doubt Dortmund CEO's word on this. Maybe the club and Conte were never even interested in PEA to begin with but if that's the case then surely someone else must be coming in but who? Morata is very close to joining Milan and seems a pretty straightforward transfer for them because Real Madrid have a fixed price from which they won't budge and so far Milan seem to be the only club willing to pay it. There's still an outside chance of hijacking it from Milan but at the moment I wouldn't bet on it. Belotti will cost the full release clause too so if Lukaku was 'too expensive' then surely the Italian is too.

After already missing out on the first choice target Lukaku getting one of Auba/Morata/Belotti was an absolute must but now looks like one is definitely off the market and another is getting close to joining another club. Benteke or Llorente next if Belotti will prove too expensive?

2) We will see, I don't really rate Alex Telles but if he's signed and Conte wants him then fair enough. Not heard anything of him for weeks now tho, all really quiet.

3) Doesn't really matter if Matic is being frozen out by the club or if the man himself is the one angling for a move, fact still remains that he's as good as gone and with Chalobah already being sold the club have two fit first team central midfielders (+ Baker) with no replacement for Matic yet lined up. Rüdiger deal came out of the blue for obvious reasons and that's Roma having to make a quick sale to balance their FFP books after Manolas to Zenit fell through. Most deals aren't like that and some journo close to the clubs usually gets a whiff of negotiations taking place but so far we haven't heard anything, which to me is pretty obvious that nothing concrete is being done about it yet and at most the club are 'keeping tabs' on different options like with the strikers. Good signings like Luiz and Alonso can of course be made late in the window, but the longer they wait the bigger risk of another 'Djilobodji' type panic buy.

4) Yeah, maybe. Like I said this one's not a huge priority because when Hazard is fit having one of Pedro/Willian on the bench is most times enough so the new signing will mostly be just for squad depth. 

One thing's for sure though, the club have the money available (tv deal, Nike, Yokohama etc. and especially the already completed player sales) but for some reason just really reluctant to spend it and have been for a few years now. The club's net spend in the market for the last three years is like £10M or something, it's impossible to keep improving the team closer to Europe's elite if all new signings must be equally funded by player sales despite the ever growing income from commercial deals. 

I just read news from Simon Johnson of the Evening Standard that the club have scrapped previously made plans to play another domestic pre-season friendly before the season starts. Would bet my house on the reason for that being the severely small squad with zero depth so potentially losing players to injury is simply unacceptable and it's better to have the remaining first team players somewhat lacking match fitness than being out injured. Question is, if they planned on playing one more friendly and having a bigger squad by then, what's the holdup with the signings? 

1) The narrative was that Chelsea matched the £75m, but not the additional £25m in Rooney and installments. Ergo, Manchester valued him higher than Chelsea. It is unlikely that the Manchester United deal happened within a day, so Everton most likely knew of Manchester's interest for quite a bit and did not need to rush into accepting anything from Chelsea. 

As far as PEA goes, it simply seems that Chelsea were not interested enough. Last I heard Morata was closer to Chelsea than Milan, but I guess we will see. It clearly seems though that Chelsea do want someone. As far as Belotti goes, it seems wrong to use the valuation of Lukaku on Belotti. Different players are valued differently, and I am sure that if Chelsea valued Belotti at his release clause, they would eventually go for it. 

2) How much have you seen Telles? I do not know him very well, maybe seen a handful of games without really focusing on him. I'm just curious if you are disregarding him because you know him well, or because he isnt Sandro. 

3) To me it makes a difference. One implies that Matic is a victim that is being removed against his will, the other that he is the one pushing for a move. In the end we do indeed lose a midfielder, but as long as we can replace him in shouldnt matter. The FFP thing is not a certain thing from what I hear, Roma fans were saying that the sale of Salah was enough, but I guess neither of us knows the true extent of it. Regardless, the point is that silent deals do happen at times. 

In terms of spending power, let us assume that you are right. We have a lot of money from sales, sponsorships, prices and other deals. Why do you think we arent spending it? Do you think there is a pile of money just lying around for no reason? Manchester city has spend much, much more than we have, and yet we are doing better than they are. 
The last paragraph is again just speculation on your behalf, we do not know the reason.

To me the facts are the following: 
We have many signings that we want to get through, and we have a finite amount of money to spend. There is still roughly a month and a half left, which means that if we manage to negotiate a better fee for all of our deals, the money saved could be enough for another signing in itself. 
The people doing this are way more experienced than anyone on the forum is, and yet you see people acting as if they would do things better.

I can tell you from my own experience that if someone ever came in to a negotiation room with the desperation the users here want us to show, then that person would be taken to the cleaners. Chelsea are using time as a negotiating tool most likely, and they are right too. What matters is that we can our transfers done before the window closes. Doing it in the first week of the window would be ideal, but I can imagine it would come at a noticable markup.

41 minutes ago, Rekin said:

1) The narrative was that Chelsea matched the £75m, but not the additional £25m in Rooney and installments. Ergo, Manchester valued him higher than Chelsea. It is unlikely that the Manchester United deal happened within a day, so Everton most likely knew of Manchester's interest for quite a bit and did not need to rush into accepting anything from Chelsea. 

As far as PEA goes, it simply seems that Chelsea were not interested enough. Last I heard Morata was closer to Chelsea than Milan, but I guess we will see. It clearly seems though that Chelsea do want someone. As far as Belotti goes, it seems wrong to use the valuation of Lukaku on Belotti. Different players are valued differently, and I am sure that if Chelsea valued Belotti at his release clause, they would eventually go for it. 

2) How much have you seen Telles? I do not know him very well, maybe seen a handful of games without really focusing on him. I'm just curious if you are disregarding him because you know him well, or because he isnt Sandro. 

3) To me it makes a difference. One implies that Matic is a victim that is being removed against his will, the other that he is the one pushing for a move. In the end we do indeed lose a midfielder, but as long as we can replace him in shouldnt matter. The FFP thing is not a certain thing from what I hear, Roma fans were saying that the sale of Salah was enough, but I guess neither of us knows the true extent of it. Regardless, the point is that silent deals do happen at times. 

In terms of spending power, let us assume that you are right. We have a lot of money from sales, sponsorships, prices and other deals. Why do you think we arent spending it? Do you think there is a pile of money just lying around for no reason? Manchester city has spend much, much more than we have, and yet we are doing better than they are. 
The last paragraph is again just speculation on your behalf, we do not know the reason but yet there must be some nefarious reason behind it. 

To me the facts are the following: 
We have many signings that we want to get through, and we have a finite amount of money to spend. There is still roughly a month and a half left, which means that if we manage to negotiate a better fee for all of our deals, the money saved could be enough for another signing in itself. 
The people doing this are way more experienced than anyone on the forum is, and yet you see people acting as if they would do things better.

I can tell you from my own experience that if someone ever came in to a negotiation room with the desperation the users here want us to show, then that person would be taken to the cleaners. Chelsea are using time as a negotiating tool most likely, and they are right too. What matters is that we can our transfers done before the window closes. Doing it in the first week of the window would be ideal, but I can imagine it would come at a noticable markup.

1) No, the narrative was that Chelsea matched the bid but not Raiola's agent fees. If Lukaku wanted to come he could just have told his agent to suck it up and take a smaller fee but he didn't, and I would think a key reason for that was Chelsea's bid being so late and everything being agreed with United already.

Morata is most certainly not 'closer to Chelsea than Milan'. If that were the case the betting companies wouldn't offer 5/1 odds on Morata to Chelsea and 1/5 on him ending up at Milan.

2) Not really seen much of Telles last season, but I did get to know the player 1-2 years ago when he was previously linked with the club (before he moved to Porto). Saw a bunch of games from his time at Inter in 15/16 and back then he didn't do enough for them to use their option to buy at €9M. Maybe he's developed a lot since then but I'm not sure.

3) Either way it means the club are one midfielder short and seeing as Bakayoko is injured we're going in the season with Kante and Fabregas as the only two first team central midfielders and for me that's a huge worry. Signing another midfielder should be just as big a priority as the Costa replacement. Without the sale of Chalobah all would've been good but now a new signing must happen fast.

As for the lack of spending, could be many reasons. Preparing to pay for the new stadium could easily cause the penny pinching like it did for Arsenal, or maybe some people in high places at the club just think the squad is already good enough because of the title win. If latter is the case, they've learned nothing from summers of 2010 and 2015.

To me the facts are following:

We have 14 senior outfield players in the squad and two of them are out injured till at least September. Even with the addition of a few highly rated youngsters in Kenedy, Musonda and Baker it still leaves with just 15 players at most available for selection in the first month or so, assuming we have luck on our side and there will be no fresh injury problems during pre-season and/or the first few games going into the season. Name one Champions League level team with a squad so thin only few weeks before the new seasons starts, I'll wait.

Newsflash, there aren't any. 

If the club didn't want to be taken to the cleaners in transfer negotiations, maybe they should have thought twice before letting go of every single squad player without any replacements confirmed and maybe Conte should have waited before telling Diego Costa he's no longer welcome at the club. Now that they've done that everyone knows the desperate situation the club are in and that makes the negotiations twice as hard as they normally would be and with each passing day it becomes even harder. 

15 minutes ago, Jype said:

1) No, the narrative was that Chelsea matched the bid but not Raiola's agent fees. If Lukaku wanted to come he could just have told his agent to suck it up and take a smaller fee but he didn't, and I would think a key reason for that was Chelsea's bid being so late and everything being agreed with United already.

Morata is most certainly not 'closer to Chelsea than Milan'. If that were the case the betting companies wouldn't offer 5/1 odds on Morata to Chelsea and 1/5 on him ending up at Milan.

2) Not really seen much of Telles last season, but I did get to know the player 1-2 years ago when he was previously linked with the club (before he moved to Porto). Saw a bunch of games from his time at Inter in 15/16 and back then he didn't do enough for them to use their option to buy at €9M. Maybe he's developed a lot since then but I'm not sure.

3) Either way it means the club are one midfielder short and seeing as Bakayoko is injured we're going in the season with Kante and Fabregas as the only two first team central midfielders and for me that's a huge worry. Signing another midfielder should be just as big a priority as the Costa replacement. Without the sale of Chalobah all would've been good but now a new signing must happen fast.

As for the lack of spending, could be many reasons. Preparing to pay for the new stadium could easily cause the penny pinching like it did for Arsenal, or maybe some people in high places at the club just think the squad is already good enough because of the title win. If latter is the case, they've learned nothing from summers of 2010 and 2015.

To me the facts are following:

We have 14 senior outfield players in the squad and two of them are out injured till at least September. Even with the addition of a few highly rated youngsters in Kenedy, Musonda and Baker it still leaves with just 15 players at most available for selection in the first month or so, assuming we have luck on our side and there will be no fresh injury problems during pre-season and/or the first few games going into the season. Name one Champions League level team with a squad so thin only few weeks before the new seasons starts, I'll wait.

Newsflash, there aren't any. 

If the club didn't want to be taken to the cleaners in transfer negotiations, maybe they should have thought twice before letting go of every single squad player without any replacements confirmed and maybe Conte should have waited before telling Diego Costa he's no longer welcome at the club. Now that they've done that everyone knows the desperate situation the club are in and that makes the negotiations twice as hard as they normally would be and with each passing day it becomes even harder. 

I can see that we are simply not going to agree with each other on this. Your perspective seems to be that things are being done poorly without competence, and mine is that I am certain things are being worked out in the background. I guess we can return to this conversation again when the window closes and see who was right. 

8 hours ago, Georgy said:

Because the board is a joke. Put this board at another top club and they wouldn't even see out an entire year before getting sacked. 

Such a black and white comment. No room for whys and wherefores.

Our club is not a democracy; Roman rules the roost. You are therefore entitled to believe that the board is doing Roman's bidding and simply applying the policies agreed with the owner. Whatever those policies may be. Are you now going to start talking about Roman as a joke? He's the final decision maker here after all. The buck stops with him.

Did you ever think that we were not interested in buying him at all? It looked like Dortmund were trying to get rid of him, offering him around just like I do in Football Manager game .... The whole media game got into your head. They are just writing bullsh*t to get views and to sell papers, they actually don't have a clue. 

We are just 2 signings away from world class squad. Apart from Costa we haven't lost any key player from last year and we already improve most of our weaknesses from last season -> Bakayoko for CM and Rudiger for CB. With new RWB (probably Danilo?) and striker we will have a much better team this year :) 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You