Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

OneMoSalah

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

Thing is, when people make decisions while investing into projects, they look at the worst case scenarios too. He may be in his prime, but that doesn't guarantee the fact that he will definitely be successful in Chelsea. There's always that chance. Remember Shevchenko?

If that happens with Auba, that's all the money down the drain, if he fails one season, we aren't going to look to replace him. If he fails for another season after that, that's the money gone down the drain, no resale value. 

What I mean is, we have to evaluate if Morata and Belotti really are that far away from Aubameyang that we are willing to go for Auba and not these guys. Who are really good players and yet to peak. Also, that players like these aren't always available in the market.

We do have to improve the squad yes, but we need to factor in everything, not just 1-2 years. We did that under Mourinho, and we ended up selling De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku.

Shevchenko is a great example.

Sheva was linked before the 2006 World Cup, and joined after it. Having watched him in Germany I commented, elsewhere, that he had nothing to offer and that he shouldn't be signed. (Although I did add that if Sheva was the price we had to pay for having Roman on board then it would be worth paying.)

A conversation developed with someone who was in favour of the signing. That person quoted the Ukrainian's stats and asked for my answer to them. My opinion then was the same as it is now so I told him that I would rather believe the evidence of my own eyes.

Stats and previous record can serve as a reasonable sounding excuse when a signing goes wrong but, in the end, they are just crutches. Judgement, or should I say, good judgement, is ultimately what it comes down to. Who has good judgement? All of us do at least some of the time but someone has to have the responsibility for making incoming transfer decisions. I hope that person is Antonio and I hope no one is trying to gain say his judgement but quoting stats at him.

10 hours ago, Rekin said:

Several of those were out on loan, so they were not squad players for us last season. The target for us seem to be 6-7 new players (of which we have 3 finished), which together with retaining Musonda, Baker and Kenedy should be just about enough.

Strikers: Bats, new CF
Wingers: Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Musonda, new RW
CM: Bakayoko, Kante, Baker, Matic(or replacement)
LWB: Alonso, new LWB
RWB: Moses, Azpilicueta, Danilo(?)
CB: Luiz, Cahill, Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta
GK: Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

This of course depends on us getting our targets, but I think the club is aware of the need for it. They are just not as much of a hurry as the supporters are. We already have two big signings, and a third one (Danilo) seems to be close. Perhaps I am the optimistic one, but I think we will still see several signings before the window is over. 

You forgot Cesc mate.

10 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

I am thinking if our board is just that stupid or Abramovich just doesn't want to invest his money anymore.

What does Abramovic have to do with this? We are in top 10 of biggest revenue in the world, just won PL, new shirt kit deal, CL money, shit load of money from selling the deadwood.

6 minutes ago, Georgy said:

What does Abramovic have to do with this? We are in top 10 of biggest revenue in the world, just won PL, new shirt kit deal, CL money, shit load of money from selling the deadwood.

So why we don't spend?

2 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Let Milan do the bid first, and then we hijack it.

Didn't particular go well with the Lukaku situation did it? This waiting for other team to start an auction is silly, cut to the chase and do it.

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

I am thinking if our board is just that stupid or Abramovich just doesn't want to invest his money anymore.

The man has clearly lost his interest. 

Just now, xPetrCechx said:

And the new stadium???

I'm not an insider or not claim to be one it's just my opinion. But frankly, I don't give a damn as well. We're powerless as fans. 

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Didn't particular go well with the Lukaku situation did it? This waiting for other team to start an auction is silly, cut to the chase and do it.

We have the CL football, and we can offer him the same or even bigger chance of play and salary than Milan. Think we are more than capable to do this.

Even if we believe the Lukaku rumour is true that we match MU bid, they have the CL football, offer him and his agent more money + Rooney. Not a surprise we're losing that one honestly. Anyway, personally I don't believe the Lukaku rumour is true though.

16 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

We have the CL football, and we can offer him the same or even bigger chance of play and salary than Milan. Think we are more than capable to do this.

Even if we believe the Lukaku rumour is true that we match MU bid, they have the CL football, offer him and his agent more money + Rooney. Not a surprise we're losing that one honestly. Anyway, personally I don't believe the Lukaku rumour is true though.

There is mass attraction at Milan right now, just look at the players they have bought, not only that but they will probably buy 2/3 more. He's an ex Milan player and it probably excites him with all of the new purchases to go back and prove himself.

All we can go on is what's reported, and to me it was a surprise we only acted after they had made a bid, the question is, why? If we that interested you don't wait until someone bids you act without hesitation, but with hesitation comes missed oppurtunities, and if we are going to continue this so called trend there is more disappointment on the horizon.

8 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

The man has clearly lost his interest. 

Or we're broke?

Obviously something is broken inside because the way we act on transfer market last couple of years and our terrible percentage of bringing in first team options are clear indication something seriously going on behind the closed doors.

I mean, our second highest paid transfer in clubs history is Rudiger.

Nothing to do with being broke or the new stadium, guys. We just a couple of days ago spent £40m on Bakayoko, ffs.

The article Matt Law just put out last night is what he's been briefed I think. The club are taking their time and won't rush into something after missing out on Lukaku. Whether or not that's smart is questionable.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You