Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

OneMoSalah

15 hours ago, Barbara said:

So I read in this thread three startling things: A 28yo is considered old nowadays (regardless of how much he relies on hid pace, he's 28,not 32), that a 23yo only had one good season under his belt and a 24yo who only played for real and Juve didn't have a remarkable season yet or established himself in the starting lineup.
Kids, real life isn't FIFA... The peak age for most players continues to be 25-26 and their momentum runs for 4-5 years.
Just because some very special players peak earlier it doesn't mean the standard has changed.

No, it's actually about resale value. 

If Aubameyang comes here and fails, that's 70 mil down the drain. No one will pick him up for more than 20 mil after 2 seasons when he is 30.

As for Morata and Belotti, they lead their country's attack at 23 and 24. And the countries are Italy and Spain. On top of that, they are highly rated for the future, will give at least 7-8 years of service (which Auba won't be able to), and if they fail, they will have a better resale value than Aubameyang. 

I don't think the difference between Auba and Morata/Belotti is as much to completely ignore the facts above. 

As you said, Real Life isn't FIFA..

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, zekinjo said:

Wtf? Like an amateur club. 

Chelsea FC squad -> 14 first team players + 3 goalkeepers!

IMG_2505.thumb.PNG.e7f50024b7ffc3f255745313b18d3348.PNG

They are not counting, Musonda Jnr, Kenedy or Christensen in that count. Now I can't speak for you but I know there are many people who begged in this forum for a mangaer to promote our youth. Maybe that is Contes plan.

No, it's actually about resale value. 

If Aubameyang comes here and fails, that's 70 mil down the drain. No one will pick him up for more than 20 mil after 2 seasons when he is 30.

As for Morata and Belotti, they lead their country's attack at 23 and 24. And the countries are Italy and Spain. On top of that, they are highly rated for the future, will give at least 7-8 years of service (which Auba won't be able to), and if they fail, they will have a better resale value than Aubameyang. 

I don't think the difference between Auba and Morata/Belotti is as much to completely ignore the facts above. 

As you said, Real Life isn't FIFA..

Reselling? Lol, that's even worse reason to ignore a player in his prime.
Morata is traveling to Milan and Belotti while welcomed by me, may not be the best partner for another younger player in Mitchy.
The argument just got poorer IMO. We have to improve the squad and fill in the void left by Diego, not think about reselling

23 minutes ago, DDA said:

They are not counting, Musonda Jnr, Kenedy or Christensen in that count. Now I can't speak for you but I know there are many people who begged in this forum for a mangaer to promote our youth. Maybe that is Contes plan.

I think you will find they are they ain't counting zouma Matic and costa also not counting Remy 

16 hours ago, Barbara said:

So I read in this thread three startling things: A 28yo is considered old nowadays (regardless of how much he relies on hid pace, he's 28,not 32), that a 23yo only had one good season under his belt and a 24yo who only played for real and Juve didn't have a remarkable season yet or established himself in the starting lineup.
Kids, real life isn't FIFA... The peak age for most players continues to be 25-26 and their momentum runs for 4-5 years.
Just because some very special players peak earlier it doesn't mean the standard has changed.

My argument is if we're going to spend big on a striker - let it be one that'll potentially be at the club for more than 5 years. 

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

My argument is if we're going to spend big on a striker - let it be one that'll potentially be at the club for more than 5 years. 

I agree to a certain extent but I think there is a thing in modern football now that where a catchment of players go a 3 year cycle, sometimes 4 and leave.

Not only that but it just so happens the year we need a striker there is a real shortage of choice, not just that but I really do get the feeling the board are not willing to match prices in a seller's market, which is why we are really not getting these so called 'targets' quickly, or quickly enough for some.

13 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Wasn't Suarez 28 when Barca got him? If we were making a habit of these type of signing's it would be a bad move as we will have another 10/11 like season on the way eventually (and i think that would finish me, despite the second place finish it was our worst moment of the modern era bar Jose's last month's) but to do it as a one off is ok, if Auba delivers as much as 1 title or CL (and that's a huge contribution not winning a corner by fluke) he's worth it.

28 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I think you will find they are they ain't counting zouma Matic and costa also not counting Remy 

Apart from Zouma, I hope the other two are off tbh. 

1 hour ago, Barbara said:

Reselling? Lol, that's even worse reason to ignore a player in his prime.
Morata is traveling to Milan and Belotti while welcomed by me, may not be the best partner for another younger player in Mitchy.
The argument just got poorer IMO. We have to improve the squad and fill in the void left by Diego, not think about reselling

Thing is, when people make decisions while investing into projects, they look at the worst case scenarios too. He may be in his prime, but that doesn't guarantee the fact that he will definitely be successful in Chelsea. There's always that chance. Remember Shevchenko?

If that happens with Auba, that's all the money down the drain, if he fails one season, we aren't going to look to replace him. If he fails for another season after that, that's the money gone down the drain, no resale value. 

What I mean is, we have to evaluate if Morata and Belotti really are that far away from Aubameyang that we are willing to go for Auba and not these guys. Who are really good players and yet to peak. Also, that players like these aren't always available in the market.

We do have to improve the squad yes, but we need to factor in everything, not just 1-2 years. We did that under Mourinho, and we ended up selling De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku.

28 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Thing is, when people make decisions while investing into projects, they look at the worst case scenarios too. He may be in his prime, but that doesn't guarantee the fact that he will definitely be successful in Chelsea. There's always that chance. Remember Shevchenko?

If that happens with Auba, that's all the money down the drain, if he fails one season, we aren't going to look to replace him. If he fails for another season after that, that's the money gone down the drain, no resale value. 

What I mean is, we have to evaluate if Morata and Belotti really are that far away from Aubameyang that we are willing to go for Auba and not these guys. Who are really good players and yet to peak. Also, that players like these aren't always available in the market.

We do have to improve the squad yes, but we need to factor in everything, not just 1-2 years. We did that under Mourinho, and we ended up selling De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku.

We're not at the point to worry about about re-selling, what we need to do is solidify a deal. There is no room left for hymning and hawing, just get the guy who Conte wants and deal with the circumstances later. 

At any rate, what I think is happening is we don't want to be the ones to make the first bid. We want Milan to decide the fee and we swoop in with a bigger offer in the 11th hour. As soon as Chelsea make a bid the valuation for a player goes way high... Bonucci went to a direct rival for a fraction of what we were offering.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We're not at the point to worry about about re-selling, what we need to do is solidify a deal. There is no room left for hymning and hawing, just get the guy who Conte wants and deal with the circumstances later. 

At any rate, what I think is happening is we don't want to be the ones to make the first bid. We want Milan to decide the fee and we swoop in with a bigger offer in the 11th hour. As soon as Chelsea make a bid the valuation for a player goes way high... Bonucci went to a direct rival for a fraction of what we were offering.

That too. At this moment, I'd take anyone. We have only Batshuayi.. :fist:

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Wenger, is that you?

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Wasn't Suarez 28 when Barca got him? If we were making a habit of these type of signing's it would be a bad move as we will have another 10/11 like season on the way eventually (and i think that would finish me, despite the second place finish it was our worst moment of the modern era bar Jose's last month's) but to do it as a one off is ok, if Auba delivers as much as 1 title or CL (and that's a huge contribution not winning a corner by fluke) he's worth it.

Suarez was 27 years and 6 months so roughly half a year younger than auba is now. Wie do not have the time nor the alternatives to pussyoot around here anyway. If we do not get auba it is belotti or bust 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I don't think so. Football is really dynamic. Unless you are getting someone like Ronaldo in his 24, there is no guarantee a player that is 24 years will be a better investment in the long term than a player who is 28.

Belloti is 23 and Morata is 24. We are not talking about 17 or 18 years old kids. Ok, 5 years from now Belotti will be 28 and Morata 29, but will a 29 years old Morata be the best striker in the world, or a mediocre one? What about a 28 years old Belotti? Both players came from recent good seasons, but only throwing around the age argument is not a good thing to do in my books. We are not talking about players that are taking big leagues by storm. 

Actually, I think Aubumeayang is the only striker that is even close of being worth huge money. He is top scorer for BVB, BVB is a big and rich club, he is playing in Bundesliga for 4 years, and he is improving his goal score record season after season.

No offense, but only in TalkChelsea people think Belotti is worth the same price as Aubumeyang.

7 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I don't think so. Football is really dynamic. Unless you are getting someone like Ronaldo in his 24, there is no guarantee a player that is 24 years will be a better investment in the long term than a player who is 28.

Belloti is 23 and Morata is 24. We are not talking about 17 or 18 years old kids. Ok, 5 years from now Belotti will be 28 and Morata 29, but will a 29 years old Morata be the best striker in the world, or a mediocre one? What about a 28 years old Belotti? Both players came from recent good seasons, but only throwing around the age argument is not a good thing to do in my books. We are not talking about players that are taking big leagues by storm. 

Actually, I think Aubumeayang is the only striker that is even close of being worth huge money. He is top scorer for BVB, BVB is a big and rich club, he is playing in Bundesliga for 4 years, and he is improving his goal score record season after season.

No offense, but only in TalkChelsea people think Belotti is worth the same price as Aubumeyang.

I agree wholly. 

You guys don't realize that Abumeyang will have great understanding and partnership with Hazard. 

That is something most of us been wanting for ages. 

Apart from Aguero, only Abumeyand comes closely to that style of striker...and Sanchez but he is no striker. 

We need to change our style from the "target man". 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You