Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

3 hours ago, tommyv said:

I actually think that's his best game so far for Betis. His passing and decision making have improved a lot in these three games. He has massive potential and if he improves his final ball even more, he will become a great player.

18 hours ago, tommyv said:

thanks for posting the video tommyv.

14 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

I actually think that's his best game so far for Betis. His passing and decision making have improved a lot in these three games. He has massive potential and if he improves his final ball even more, he will become a great player.

I have to admit that I was worried when I read your first sentence. Worried that it would turn out to be just another example of what I think have been the excessively positive assessments of Charlay's first two displays. I am pleased by what I saw in that video however. This was, I agree, by far Charlay's best outing for Betis yet.

I think we might turn out to be on the same page about this next point too, but I believe we should be cautious about what we make of this performance. My view is that it is evidence only that this was Charlay's best performance to date. No more, no less. Players always have some better games, and some less good ones. Perhaps you'll agree that we need much more evidence before we can say that there have been any permanent improvements, before we can be confident that we are seeing genuine development, not just an improved display.

In the last game he was fouled 10 times, more than any La Liga player this season in a single game.

It's nice to see him getting 3x90minutes. Remember when he was coming back from vacation to join the first team but it was cancelled because of Moses ? Good times.

Generally, yet to give a stellar performance but 100% what I'm saying and thinking of him for a long time - that consistency is unusual. He can't play bad, a match that nothing comes for him or he is a bear for a team. Always gives at least positive impact and is added value to the team and for a young player it's not normal.

Some players don't need long loans. Players like Musonda or Boga have to play in the most technical environment to gain confidence and show what they can do. Their natural ability is incredible and for them it would be perfect if Chelsea had a proper B team when they can decide which partners they will have. IMO players like Christensen or Solanke or RLC has to go on loan and spend there what time they need but for so technical and skillful players like Charly the loan period can be 2 years or half a year or doesn't even need a loan. He has to have confidence because he already has the abilities and hopefully he will be assed in the summer.

8 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

His final decision making was not very good yesterday. He has to improve, but it's understandable, as he's 19 years old and this is his first experience on professional level.

Do you think that Oscar,Willian and Costas final decision making are that much better?

Decision making is suspect, there's some aspects in his game that he has to work on, but his balance and dribbling skills is insane. I think he is as talented as Hazard.

If indeed age is just a number for Antonio Conte, then he'll be staying on a gold mine here at Chelsea - there's so much raw talent in that Academy (on loan players included).

8 hours ago, Jeronimo123 said:

Yep. Wilmots is known to pick up big talents very quickly.

It's true that many have been blooded in at a very young age, yet it also has become harder to get a look in with every young talent that has been added. I'm guessing that Musonda's chances to make his debut as a full international at EURO2016 are limited.

1 hour ago, DaddysHobby said:

It's true that many have been blooded in at a very young age, yet it also has become harder to get a look in with every young talent that has been added. I'm guessing that Musonda's chances to make his debut as a full international at EURO2016 are limited.

Normally, KDB is our number 10. And the other spot is between Praet and Musonda Jr. But Wilmots sees players like Fellaini and Defour as the number 10 too. Which is just plain stupid.

21 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

His final decision making was not very good yesterday. He has to improve, but it's understandable, as he's 19 years old and this is his first experience on professional level.

I saw the first thirty minutes and then the whole of the second half.

You are absolutely right of course and I'm glad that more considered assessments of Charlay's performances are coming to the fore. I like the lad very much and I'm hopeful for him but I felt that some of the opinions expressed in this thread recently were a bit over enthusiastic.

There was one impression I formed on Saturday evening that I was pleased about. Charlay wasn't dibbling into traffic as frequently as he had in his earlier games for Betis. If that is a sign of development, and not just a one-off, then this is real progress. If it is real, then it is a step away from the vanity of wanting to look like a star and toward becoming the cool and effective performer that professional coaches need. It would also represent good work by Betis and/or Paulo in helping him get a grip on that, and good sense by Charlay in taking lessons on board so quickly.

17 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Normally, KDB is our number 10. And the other spot is between Praet and Musonda Jr. But Wilmots sees players like Fellaini and Defour as the number 10 too. Which is just plain stupid.

Yes, Wilmots's solidity fetish is annoying ... expecting it to be reflected in his squad selection ... then the best Musonda and Praet can hope for is being included on the stand-by list. De Bruyne, Dembele, Fellaini, Nainggolan and Witsel are all nailed on ... Wilmots probably remains loyal to Chadli ... and is less likely to call up one of Defour, Kums or even Imbula (if he's eligible). To complete the squad: 3 GKs, 8 defenders ... Hazard, Mertens, Carrasco, Origi, Lukaku and Batshuayi (unless Benteke shows any sort of form) ... the likes of Mirallas, Bakkali, Musonda Jr., Januzaj, Lestienne, Imbula, Kums, Defour, Dendoncker, Praet, Tielemans, et al. will face tough competition and some have almost no chance (e.g. Januzaj having refused Scifo's call-up).

3 hours ago, the wes said:

All Musonda needs to do at pre-season is impress conte if he can do that he might get into the Chelsea squad or the starting line up next season instead of being loaned out 

Easier for us to say perhaps than it is for Charlay to do. In order to sell Conte, or whoever, the idea that he's good enough, Charlay has to actually be good enough and that is the hard part of course.