Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

4 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

I'm not blaming Chelsea, I'm blaming most of the richest teams. They want to reap all the profits without actually having to put in any effort themselves. Look at my latest post in the European Leagues forum. It's appalling. 

image.jpeg.9a7b1c17b3061b96ca1fc457971e9

I don't think Charly wasted that much time tbh. He's already playing in a bigger league than Tielemans (who's stagnating at Anderlecht to be fair), and is enjoying regular playing time. Depending on injuries, he might even make the euros because Wilmots was scouting him yesterday. Im pretty sure Wilmots will call him up for one of the upcoming friendlies. Lukaku and DeBruyne both wasted time moving up the ranks, and see where they are now. If he's good enough (and i know he is), he'll reach the top anyway. 

For now, let's just keep him at Betis for another year and bleed him back in once we have some stable management. He'd get hacked to bits like Hazard if he would play here now, he'll get more protection from the refs in La Liga.

17 minutes ago, Shakez said:

I don't think Charly wasted that much time tbh. He's already playing in a bigger league than Tielemans (who's stagnating at Anderlecht to be fair), and is enjoying regular playing time. Depending on injuries, he might even make the euros because Wilmots was scouting him yesterday. Im pretty sure Wilmots will call him up for one of the upcoming friendlies. Lukaku and DeBruyne both wasted time moving up the ranks, and see where they are now. If he's good enough (and i know he is), he'll reach the top anyway. 

For now, let's just keep him at Betis for another year and bleed him back in once we have some stable management. He'd get hacked to bits like Hazard if he would play here now, he'll get more protection from the refs in La Liga.

Well said.

If Charly has even just one or two more performances at the level he showed last night then Wilmots would almost have to call him up. Tielemans on the other hand does not look even close to being selected. I'm tempted to ask, "Who is really the one that has wasted his time?", but that would be unfair. Unfair because I think if Youri had moved to Chelsea, and Charly had stayed in Belgium, then Charly would still be the one pushing for a place in the squad this summer. Charly is, in my opinion, simply the better player.*

*I must point out however that I have only seen Tielemans play three times so this may not be the most valid opinion I've ever formed.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Or Eden indeed.

Or possibly both. Considering the vast talent we have, I wouldn't be afraid to go to next season with Willian, Pedro, Traore, Musonda and Kenedy as our main AM options. The money from sale of Hazard and Oscar could be used for buying world-class options to CB and CM/CDM. But let's hope we can keep Hazard, if he actually wants to stay.

This kid's potential is immense. Just the fact that my Belgian friends keep saying he's bigger talent than Eden Hazard scares the hell out of me. He could be the biggest star in the Premier League by the time of Euro 2020.

14 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Or possibly both. Considering the vast talent we have, I wouldn't be afraid to go to next season with Willian, Pedro, Traore, Musonda and Kenedy as our main AM options. The money from sale of Hazard and Oscar could be used for buying world-class options to CB and CM/CDM. But let's hope we can keep Hazard, if he actually wants to stay.

This kid's potential is immense. Just the fact that my Belgian friends keep saying he's bigger talent than Eden Hazard scares the hell out of me. He could be the biggest star in the Premier League by the time of Euro 2020.

We'd finish bottom half of the table.

2 minutes ago, Styles said:

We'd finish bottom half of the table.

You might be right. Only players with a price-tag north of £30 million would be able to deliver a title. I am also looking forward to the relegation battle between Spurs and Leicester in the upcoming months

A quote from the Daily Mail article linked above:

Betis coach Juan Merino said after the show he [Musonda] put on against Espanyol: ‘I wish we had the option to buy him, he is fantastic.’ There is no chance of that unfortunately for cash-strapped Betis. He will be back at Chelsea at the end of the season and they must decide to keep him and give him the first team chances he craves or sell him.

Football Association of Zambia (FAZ)

LWANDAMINA CALLS CHARLES MUSONDA JNR.

Chipolopolo Coach George Lwandamina has extended an invitation to Charley Musonda junior to join the National Soccer team which will play Congo Brazzaville in the next three weeks. This is subject to clearance by FIFA on his eligibility to play for Zambia

Lwandamina says he is fully aware of the allure for Charley to feature for Belgium. However the coach is very hopeful that the part of his heritage with both parents being Zambian will sway it for the Chipolopolo team.

38 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Genuine question: are there so many afros in Belgium, or its something related with football?

You're talking about black people right? I think it has to do with Belgium's colonization in Africa, in Congo, Zambia, etc

4 hours ago, mediator said:
Football Association of Zambia (FAZ)

LWANDAMINA CALLS CHARLES MUSONDA JNR.

Chipolopolo Coach George Lwandamina has extended an invitation to Charley Musonda junior to join the National Soccer team which will play Congo Brazzaville in the next three weeks. This is subject to clearance by FIFA on his eligibility to play for Zambia

Lwandamina says he is fully aware of the allure for Charley to feature for Belgium. However the coach is very hopeful that the part of his heritage with both parents being Zambian will sway it for the Chipolopolo team.

One can only hope