Jase

MOTM POLL  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our performance yesterday received so much praise from people, including MOTD. They captioned our performance as 'Chelsealona' biggrin.gif , while we have our own ID it made me pleased that we are getting acknowledged for the attacking football we can/do produce as RDM received many critics about his defensive style of play. Quite enjoying watching our team play as well cool.gif

lets put things into perspective liverpool looked awesome against the same team last week.

We played well. A rather customary win for a team challenging for the title, nothing more nothing less.

On another note really worried about terry although luiz has looked solid enough though.

Our performance yesterday received so much praise from people, including MOTD. They captioned our performance as 'Chelsealona' biggrin.gif , while we have our own ID it made me pleased that we are getting acknowledged for the attacking football we can/do produce as RDM received many critics about his defensive style of play. Quite enjoying watching our team play as well cool.gif

but they did highlight one aspect of our play. we are a very narrow team. if we rely on our full backs for width against bigger sides, we might get exploited ( atletico ) .

but we are retaining possession better. luiz has reduced his Hollywood passes recently and we are knocking it around the opposition rather than stick it up top. good stuff

you can be critical of Fernando's performance as he missed two absolute sitters but the distinct change in his style of play yesterday was heartening to see. not only did he provide a cushion to link up with but he even made the runs behind the norwich back four. he should ve scored but still it was great to watch. well timed header too

I was really pleased with his movement.

He now has eye contact with his teammates before making his runs behind the defence. Making them understand the kind of pass he is looking for.

I was really glad on how he was determined to get ahead of the defender and head the ball in the net. Previous games he will be outside the box or in the wings, but he attacked it this time.

His hold up play was even better as he didn't lose the ball too much today like most games this season. He didn't dribble stupidly so I was so glad, he even passed quickly to hazard and ran foward for the return but the keeper saved.

All that was left is his finishing, he needs to finish one on ones. He may not get 3 chances against the big teams so he must score when put through with the keeper. David villa will teach him during the international break :smile:

I'm not disappointed with Torres...

3 (real) chances, 2 on target and 1 goal

From what my eyes can remember, plus a cheeky overhead attempt - that's not bad! Many other strikers would do worse :)

So few more weeks in training to get the guys playing him in more and we should be good :)

Would still like another striker in Jan though, if we are serious about winning league and doing well in Europe...

Great game. Stylish.Classy.Beautiful. and Clinical.

Hazard Oscar Mata are make me feel the same way i felt when we watched the Napoli trio last season. Lavezzi Cavani Hamsik.

Actually it makes me feel so much better as now i dont feel envy for another teams attacking players, instead we probably have the best Offensive midfield partnership in the world.

In a very wierd and unexpected turn of expectations, we seem to have a ridiculously great balance in the team. Even the players coming on as substitutes fit in seemlessly into the team style and balance.

The addition of Oscar means that it massively eases the pressure on Mikel and Lampard, as he is our own version of Tevez. Always closing down players, making good interceptions and tackles. Even if a player gets past Oscar, he dooes not have time , and that forces him to pass faster, which in turn gives our DP a much higher probability of winning the ball back. And then begins our Batman Esque onslaught again.

At the moment, i think We are the footballing equivalent of "The Avengers".

Probably even better.

That first goal could've been easily avoided had Mikel actually marked the spare man in the box.

Romeu and Ramires will be interesting to see, can't play Romeu for a full season though, so Mikels got to get some games too. Mikel can still be useful but only if someone else is there with him rather than Lampard who will leave him exposed.

That first goal could've been easily avoided had Mikel actually marked the spare man in the box.

Romeu and Ramires will be interesting to see, can't play Romeu for a full season though, so Mikels got to get some games too. Mikel can still be useful but only if someone else is there with him rather than Lampard who will leave him exposed.

Mikel was great yesterday...

Wasnt like it was a case of only Norwich either.They at times had a good go.There was a good attitude all round from the players and a great performance!And 4 different goal scorers as well so least it isnt a case of rely on one player and everyone else kinda hope they get the job done.And confidence is key etc and seems to be building.Just need to build on what we have and carry on this way

Yesterday was a fantastic day for everybody involved with Chelsea Football Club. I don't want to get too carried away with our excellent start to this season but It's very hard not too, especially after the hellish start we had last season. Our midfield was simply sublime and credit has to go to Robbie for he has seemingly applied a system of balance between transition from defending to attack. The cynical side of me has put doubt to weather Robbie was or is the man to take Chelsea into it's next era of football but even I can't fault his tactics or team selections of late, they have been spot on. The fixtures have been fair to us up to this point with a grueling month of away trips ahead will pose a very tough challenge for us to come away unscathed. Nice to be sitting at the top of the league where we belong though. Bring on Spurs, Up the Chels.