Chelsea vs Norwich

CHOULO19

I honestly think people are saying this will be a hard game just for the sake of saying it. Norwich have been absolutely terrible, and we should be able to rest a few of our key players.

If we can't rest our players against Norwich, we'll never be in position to.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of Ramires/Mikel will be on the bench even though they've both been in good form. Lampard needs games after all.

Aside from that the team pretty much picks itself.

Get Marin, Romeu, Azpi on the pitch ASAP if we have a healthy lead after HT.

I honestly think people are saying this will be a hard game just for the sake of saying it. Norwich have been absolutely terrible, and we should be able to rest a few of our key players.

What would we gain by resting players? There's an international break after this game, no?

One of Ramires/Mikel will be on the bench even though they've both been in good form. Lampard needs games after all.

Aside from that the team pretty much picks itself.

Get Marin, Romeu, Azpi on the pitch ASAP if we have a healthy lead after HT.

What would we gain by resting players? There's an international break after this game, no?

This. Best team we should put out really maybe 1 or 2 changes but no major players. Maybe Ivanovic and Oscar but we have the lead. We can't think because it is Norwich we should rest players. Why would we rest Cole really?

Exactly. There is a difference between rotating players which you do every match, and resting players which you do when you have an easy game. Most clubs have around 15 regular players that they will rotate into the games on a regular basis. For us, That's Cech, Cole, Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic,Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Torres, and Sturridge with Moses and Bertrand close to that group as well. Other players can play their way into that group also. .

Put the best team? I don't think replace some player with the likes of Marin, Azpi, Danny or Romeu will make us a lesser team.

That being said, Torres will score in this for sure. Norwich defenses are relatively weak this season, like one had mentioned just two from Hazard/Mata/Oscar would be enough to settle things down. Give some game time to Marin and Azpi, heck the latter is fit there's no reason for not giving him chance.

Its not so bad this season because it's the last one until March next week, but in World Cup/Euro years they have three early on in the season it's ridiculous.

There's actually another one November too but that one will just be in midweek rather than having two weeks off like this upcoming one.

This is the PL, there are no easy matches, just look at games like Utd vs Blackburn last season and you can see that any team can beat anyone in the league. Besides, Norwich's last defeat through 5 goals means they will probably park the bus in this one and make scoring against them mission impossible.

Put the best team? I don't think replace some player with the likes of Marin, Azpi, Danny or Romeu will make us a lesser team.

That being said, Torres will score in this for sure. Norwich defenses are relatively weak this season, like one had mentioned just two from Hazard/Mata/Oscar would be enough to settle things down. Give some game time to Marin and Azpi, heck the latter is fit there's no reason for not giving him chance.

Who cares if Torres scores? I couldnt care less if he or ivanovic scores, what I care about is that we win the game. Torres can fuck off.

If Liverpool can score 5 against Norwich...

This isn't the Norwich from last season, they are a shadow of that team, even if that team wasn't that great to begin with.

Yes but if you remember, Chris Hughton got a draw last time he visited the Bridge in the FA Cup last season with his Birmingham side. Forget the circumstances we had under AVB then, we really struggled to break them down that day because of their defensive solidity. Moreover, in our last home game, we took ages to get the goal against Stoke. They defended well and even created some decent chances on the break/set-pieces which we were lucky not to concede on 1-2 occasions. Norwich have some decent players who can cause us problems as they shown against Spurs earlier this season when you're not playing at 100% and focus on the task at hand. Also, you get all this lesser sides raising their game when they play against the big boys.

Aren't players like Cole, Mata, Hazard etc going to play for their national side?

Yeah but they won't play until next Friday, which means they'll have some time off till then with only training on the agenda. And besides, they'll be playing 3-4 days before we face Spurs in two weeks time and that won't make much of a difference even if we were to play those players this Saturday.

Who cares if Torres scores? I couldnt care less if he or ivanovic scores, what I care about is that we win the game. Torres can fuck off.

It doesn´t matter who scores, but to say that Torres can fuck up is fucked up. He is very sympathetic player!

Ruddy (Norwich Keeper) has got me many points on Fantasy football, so they cant be that bad!

seriously though, Norwich are half the team they were last season, I dont think they are a threat and anything less than a win is a failure. It may be a massive defensive display from Norwich, but im sure we would get a break through around 75minute mark. an early goal would be nice, if we can get an early goal we can get a nice big win under our belt.

Would like to see a Marin start (he wasnt even on the bench mid week, hope he's not injured) i dont see why Azpi cant start either. Hopefully Sturridge can make a return. even if its just a sub, just want to get him back from injury!

Yeah but they won't play until next Friday, which means they'll have some time off till then with only training on the agenda. And besides, they'll be playing 3-4 days before we face Spurs in two weeks time and that won't make much of a difference even if we were to play those players this Saturday.

I'd still prefer them to have break. They're basically going to play next week like normal and this is a pretty mediocre Norwich side.

After seeing what Liverpool did to them I'd start with the most attacking team to be honest.

Dave Luiz Cahill Cole

Oscar Ramires

Mata Hazard Marin

Torres

But I'd expect a closer line up to the following because I'd rather win with a clean-sheet than score loads while conceding.

Ivan Cahill Terry Cole

Rambo Mikel

Moses Mata Hazard

Torres

We should start with our strongest squad, no doubt.

Premier league is our priority before other competitions. No games required, we must win.

Dimatteo is right, mata-oscar-hazard will develop understanding and be devastating. Im just afraid that oscar's presence is reducing hazards influence in matches but helping mata more.

ivanovic-Cahill-luiz-cole

mikel-ramires

mata- oscar - hazard

Torres

Cech is on top form so i predict a clean sheet

We should start training cahill-luiz partnership since terry wont play for a while