Chelsea vs Norwich

CHOULO19

It wasnt just Mikel and Lampard defending in the Champions league final though was it? The whole team was defending. When the attackers do their job and stay up the pitch the Lampard - Mikel partnership looks shoddy at best.

But they were fantastic. There is no way we beat Barcelona without the two of them (or score either the Drogba or Ramires goals). The partnership has been mediocre so far this season, but it's been what, 3 league games and one CL match? As I pointed out earlier, our overall record with these two in the double pivot, despite excellent competition is very good. It's not perfect, but it's hardly the mess people want to make it out to be.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry should handle Holt with ease. Its the smaller, quicker players who trouble him

Kevin Davies use to give Terry all sorts of trouble when they came up against each other. Apart from that I agree with you

Perhaps he is not fit.

Perhaps, but if he wasn't fit to play any part, RDM would have mentioned it in the press conference. Obviously he's not match-fit, but that only comes with playing games. It strikes me as odd that we have 4 (or 5) defensively-minded players on the bench when, as far as we know, Marin is available for selection.

Kevin Davies use to give Terry all sorts of trouble when they came up against each other. Apart from that I agree with you

yeah. i remember the 4-3 in 2008. but generally as years have passed, terry has handled the likes of peter crouch, kenwyne jones etc better than di santo or defoe