Victor Moses

Superblue

3 minutes ago, lucio said:

thought he was very good today. dangerous runs, assist, and those chest controls... brilliant

No he's "downright average" :rolleyes: (referring to a couple posts above you)

He was awesome today.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

Thought he had his best game in weeks. Finally went up and down the flank again, won some crucial tackles, and was able to keep possession even when pressed by 2 or 3 men.

I agree with all of that but in the final 3rd I havent been more frustrated by a player since SWP, it's quite clear why he was sent on loan pre Conte.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I agree with all of that but in the final 3rd I havent been more frustrated by a player since SWP, it's quite clear why he was sent on loan pre Conte.

I think that's down to the numbers though. The lack of dominance by us as a whole emphasizes the few chances we do create in the half-field and skews the perception when we fuck up said chances; that concerns our right flank especially when Moses plays with Willian (not saying Willian is the root but definitely a factor for Moses being more ineffective offensively).

Thinks that because he is standing in line with the other 4 his defensive duty is done . . . Huge liability especially as teams are targeting that side of the defence! 

Him and Azpi have been targeted in games. Cost us against Tottenham and could have today. Players should be judged after more than a hand full of games (best thing around when we first changed formation).

There's a distinct difference between good squad players and nailed down starters.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

I hope Conte and people behind transfers understand Moses is a ultra limited player, but considering even Azpilicueta became an undisputed LB (when his natural position is a RB), I won't be surprise if Moses becomes a undisputed starting XI for the next 2 or 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Yeah he was shocking. This squad needs some serious upgrades if we want to avoid embarrasment in the CL next season. 

Absolutely true. Unfortunately this is not news to any of us. I challenge everyone, myself most of all, to remain upbeat. If Victor only plays because no one else is better, then that is not his fault.

We can't pretend that we don't see what we see, and if we see it then of course we will talk about it. Somewhere in there however, we have to keep our heads up. Let's maintain some positivity, especially in the stadium, and try to help the lads finish what they've started.

I am the most pessimistic Chelsea fan imaginable. If you happen to find yourself feeling more grumpy than me then you're in trouble, I promise you. :-)