Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very shocked at the majority of the reactions here and some our pretty embarrassing. I'm not going to try and make out that what I'm saying is all correct but I think I'm being fair in what I'm about to say. Anyway, I went into the match thinking that this was going to be an absolute demolishing after our horrific defending in pre season, however I've left that game with a smile on my face. I've seen a lot of criticising about the double pivot and I have to say Mikel was shocking BUT when it was 11 vs 11 in the first half, how many clear cut chances did City ACTUALLY make? Like where we were just cut open? I can barely count 2 if any. We were very organised and you can tell Rdm has been working on this in training. City played nice one two's but we matched them in the first half and got a goal.

I don't think it's fair to judge the 2nd half because there wasn't much we could do. Of course we were going to get exposed, they had an extra man FFS. It was a valiant effort from the boys that we didn't let city run riot. In terms of individually I would say Torres was the best player and Sturridge looked good when he came on. I don't get the slating of Hazard either, he did well imo. He caused there defence problems and used the ball very intelligently. I'd also like to add that with the first goal Ramires did his damage from the centre.......not the right. For games like this Ramires is fine playing on the right, but we need play him centrally most of the time where he is dangerous.

Going back to the pivot as much as people are wanting to criticise it, the fact is despite some lapses in concentration, they weren't too bad when it was 11 vs 11. In an ideal world we'll strengthen there but we can definitely make do with it this season.

Looking to the season overall, after seeing us in a mildly competitive game I definitely think we'll make the top 4 no doubt. You can see the potential of the team is there and I'll guarantee we'll rip some teams apart, but this overreaction after losses really should stop as it gets people worked up and leads to uneccesary arguments. Good day out at Villa Park and now I can't wait till the season starts

It would not be surprising if City get the same fate as United got last season.

Won the CS and then won nothing the whole season.

Despite them beating us, I still think the team to beat is United.

United just lost the league on goal avg....sort of like when United lost to us with Carlo first season.

United usually bounce back hard, so they will be number one tittle contenders.

To be fair to City, they beat United home and away, scored more goals and conceded less. If Jose had been in charge of City they would've been out of sight long before the season ended. Both teams will be strong this year, I still have my doubts about Mancini but a lot can still change before the transfer window closes.

Can you guys please calm down? We showed promise, we played some good football and ultimately lost against (arguably) the best side in the league. It'll take a bit of time, and besides let's at least see how we do in the league against the likes of Wigan where we know we should/have to/must beat them. It's not the end of the world, just a small obstical in what could be a great season.

the red card ruin it for us! we were comfortable @ attacking till then!

i expected a better 2nd half especially from tactics.

seriously we need somebody strong! in our top 4 striking positions! torres was getting punked around all over the field!

4 games in row in pre season doesn't mean shit..is exactly what i expected from RDM experiencing with players.

These are the same stupid excuses you use all the time, just accept the fact that Mikel is shit. He does nothing on the pitch.

Simply not good enough, but no keep going with your excuses, and RDM mate like what a substitution in the 80th minute, when we had 10 men from 40 minutes in the game, which was very stupid. Mikel is garbage enough said, and he did lose the ball constantly, he lost it about 5 times within 30 minutes it was laughable.

But yeah because the other players played bad that gives him the reason to play shit too, and it's not just that he does it every game, fair enough the one odd game.

Yeah okay man we all know you think Mikel is garbage but that doesn't mean that it's fact. We all have our own opinions and if that angers you then we'll just leave it there.

To be fair to City, they beat United home and away, scored more goals and conceded less. If Jose had been in charge of City they would've been out of sight long before the season ended. Both teams will be strong this year, I still have my doubts about Mancini but a lot can still change before the transfer window closes.

Yeah but you can't just be like Liverpool that plays good against the big boys, and can't finish the smaller guys.

This is a marathon and not a sprint.

And that's what will cost City if they continue fucking up against the stokes.

It was basically a league that United threw away.

That won't happen again.

For me, this tittle is writing United all over it.

I will be happy with a third place. Finishing second will be amazing.

Winning the league, will just mean that RDM is a crack and out of this world!

the red card ruin it for us! we were comfortable @ attacking till then!

i expected a better 2nd half especially from tactics.

seriously we need somebody strong! in our top 4 striking positions! torres was getting punked around all over the field!

4 games in row in pre season doesn't mean shit..is exactly what i expected from RDM experiencing with players.

As in your sig, I think RDM made mistake setting the team up offensively in the 2nd half. . We should have brought in cahill and bertrand at the interval and parked the bus, but we conceded twice when trying for goal. Suicidal to give such an opponent the space.