Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

Terminator X isn't overreacting, he just knows what is upcoming.

Does anyone here realize City are the main threat?. And with our shit team i doubt we can go on to even challenge them.

Hazard doesn't look ready, Oscar will take time, Mata still hasn't had a rest, Marin is injured, midfields shit, Terry cannot play big games anymore. Things are getting.... really... worrying. And this is a perfect example, yes just ignore the idiots who watch these games and rate City over us, because that shit happens all the time and you just have to ignore them. But i care about Chelsea here, and we have to do better than that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People may have gotten a reality check after this game. We need to lower our expectations a bit. We look pretty good and will get better with Oscar, Marin in the team and the inevitable signings still to come this window. Everything will take time to click. Torres looked really good in this game, fizzed out towards the end which was no fault of his own. Citeh looked stronger for sure. Not a gaping gap though. We've closed that gap. They are after all the finished article while we're in transition. Our double pivot is indeed a bit worrying. We can't play effective possession football right now and i'd say a pretty big part of that is due to our Double pivot. 4-3-3 would be better IMO. We really need to try that more often.

We need to start going from strength to strength in the League now. Plenty to take out of that performance. Some good, some bad.

Well, all the negatives we learned from today, we already knew:

• Terry is past it, and needs to be eased out, sharpish.
  • We're inconsistent
  • We need a right back
  • Mikel can be awful at times
  • Hazard is not Messi
  • Mata is an exhausted man
  • Lampard isn't suited to playing in a 2 man midfield for long stretches
  • TX has a chip on his shoulder regarding City.
  • City are the best team in the land.

I don't get the shock.

We did learn a couple of new, good things today:

• Torres' acceleration is magically returning.
  • Bertrand is fucking quick.
  • We can look pretty good when we move the ball quickly.
  • Sturridge is still up for it.

All in all, it was far from a waste.

Course City are the main threat and will be for a long time seeing as after a few years or building a team its starting to pull off.But Man U also be a threat as will others.

But sod them and what they do/spend/what results they get.What matters is our results and how we perform and buy etc thats all Im worried about.Players need to start getting their acts together and fast..doesnt help we have a friendly plonked mid week.

As long as it's played for trophy it's not friendly for me.

i agree with you ... anything involving a trophy is no friendly thats silverware we can't give up if we have this attitude towards the lil ones what makes us think we can do better when the trophy means more..

Stated it once, twice, and three times. Yet people continue to disagree and start to wishful think.

As long as Mikel and Lampard are our defensive midfielders, we will continue to see the same results.

Yeah but Lampard ain't going anywhere this season.

Even with Oscar, I don't see him taking over his place this season.

Maybe by next season we will see a better play.

Check it out, we have a badass over here!

He has a fuckin point that cannot be ignored. Our performances have been atrocious and is the same kind of type we have seen under AVB. No positive outlook. Our new additions in the attack mean fuck all if Mikel and Lampard and leading the transition.

No sign of improvement in the defense or the midfield. Worrying times if changes are not made.

Before the sending off anyway, I was impressed with what I saw. Not too much to be concerned about the game in particular, just can;t wait for our game against Wigan now, missed the PL

Terminator X isn't overreacting, he just knows what is upcoming.

Does anyone here realize City are the main threat?. And with our shit team i doubt we can go on to even challenge them.

Hazard doesn't look ready, Oscar will take time, Mata still hasn't had a rest, Marin is injured, midfields shit, Terry cannot play big games anymore. Things are getting.... really... worrying. And this is a perfect example, yes just ignore the idiots who watch these games and rate City over us, because that shit happens all the time and you just have to ignore them. But i care about Chelsea here, and we have to do better than that.

What are you on about?

Which deluded soul thought we were going to dominate after adding a band of AMs and ignoring the real problem?

Why are you worried now? I'll be honest, I was worried by about July 1, when the transfer window opened.

screw the community shield. Most superfluous trophy in history. City simply had luck, crowd and referee on their side. One can simply bash the referee, as he was 90% at fault for our defeat but we won't get better without making up our own errors.

Our whole midfield 5 was simply shocking.

Besides Hazard, Mata was the worst player on the pitch today. Everything he contributed were some back passes to cech. As some have predicted, he simply does not stand a chance against opponents who are bigger, stronger and above all faster than him. About every player at City is bigger, stronger and faster than Mata. We had literally no playmaker, as he got bullied all the time once again. In those sorts of games he is simply a waste of the place he gets in the line-up. Mata is no player who can shine a whole game, as he is not a combat player, mata lives for moments. He is overly useful in games where the opponent parks the bus or he gets behind the midfield with some space, can put in a decent cross, corner or freekick sometimes, but he is no player we can rely on in every game.

Hazard got a rather cold welcome to english football and he will surely need some months to adapt. The same goes for oscar.

Studge and Bertrand got some pace in our play again, but u cannot blame our attack for anything, torres was decent, too.

Lamps and mikel completely lacked accuracy, it looked sluggish, they surely are not in it already. Lamps gets old, Mikel lacks the class. I agree, both should not be our double pivot. Lamps might still be important as leader, tactician and goalscorer, but his days of him leading our midfield and deciding game per game on his own are over. Mikel's is simply too limited, has too many weaknesses. he is good at holding a ball up and make short-range passes, but that's it. All in all he is not complete enough, both defensively and offensively.

Ivanovic is (besides friend oc) the main culprit. Even if not anybody gives him a red there, he should not go in the challenge with such risk.Terry had some blunders once again in a big game, but luiz and maybe even cahill have done so, too, so i would not read that much into it. city are a world class team and they scored some world class goals today. We simply are not that good.