Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

Mikel and his lost balls in danger space is very danger for us !!! I'd like to see Oriol Romeu on his position.

I'd love to see Romeu in the side. Far more compared and assured on the ball, defensively solid, aggressive, he's an excellent player who warrants a chance.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the players' performance, Mikel was back to usual self. Being slow, sloppy and then got caught on the ball so many times. In the defensive midfielder position that he is playing, he can't be making mistakes like that! Hazard was good, looked lively at times but that one moment where he tried the backheel pass...couldn't help but to laugh! Sorry Eden. On Torres, have seen lots of people praising him for his good work but I thought he was average. Fair enough, he scored a good goal and then try to drive the team forward with his individual runs but then, it got a bit too far. As the game went on, whenever he got the ball, he tried to do all on his own. He always looked to take on 3-4 players at once and when the better option would be to pass and move the team forward!

Torres can never win, when he scores some will say he still didn't play well. When he plays well then "he's a striker, playing well does not matter, he just has to score" :D

Anyway glad he scored, he needed it, now has to just try to build on that.

On the game, the ref was fucking annoying from the first minute. Hazard was fouled a couple times and nothing, De jong and co tried to injure people and nothing, even that mofo Savic escaped red smh.

And like some said, there are positives to take from this. I believe we will be better with someone more technically gifted playing on the right - but the double pivot concerns me.

Torres can never win, when he scores some will say he still didn't play well. When he plays well then "he's a striker, playing well does not matter, he just has to score" :D

Torres doesn't help himself by trying to do silly things at times. Get his intentions but it wasn't quite ideal in the circumstances back then.

I think Ivan isn't technical player and we need surer player on the ball maybe Hutch or Todd Kane.

Or Azpi.

Another points:

* Ramires isn't a RB and RDM did a mistake to put him there.

* Luiz Still can't understand that he is a CB and not a midfielder. stupid decision and tackels.

We had it coming...when you can't beat MLS team, Milan's reserves and Brighton with a strong 11 good luck beating Champions of England with a man less.

Not a word to say on Ivanovic, completely idiotic tackle with 2 legs, it was a fair decision and I'm not really sure why he did it...

I am still not completely sure what's the true problem with our defense, but I wouldn't blame in on the back 4 but more on the 2 deep midfielders. We need to pass way better and to be running more of the ball. Mikel had a bad game and for me doesn't deserve a shot against Wigan.

Nice to see Torres in a good position for once and see him act as a striker. When Danny and Ryan were put on we looked much more determined, couldn't escape the feeling that Mata, Hazard and Torres were just to lazy to chase the ball.

I'm really happy for Bertrand for scoring that goal, he deserved it and got us back into the game and probably prevented the humiliation. Imagine that, European Champions losing to Champions of England 4-1 or something like that? Ouch.

Let's learn from mistakes and move on, this match wasn't that important though I would've been really happy if we won it. I will simply admit it, Manchester City have a better squad then us and a manager that has been there for a lot more then 6 months.

Agree above.

Hutcho should have come on as RB

Sturridge should start out wide, he always has an impact and looked good.

Mata needs a rest :)

Marin needs to play on left :)

Hazard is more suited to CAM

I like city's formation, we could make that work for us!

3-2 nothing to be embarrassed about, especially with man down.

Ivan at fault, but not a natural right back so always extra pressure...

- I hate to see Mata laboring out on the wings, he just drifts out of the game...

- Hazard on the is superb out on the left, he had a good balance of selfishness and team play out there

- Honestly, I thought Sturridge showed some real fire out on the right

That being said, I'd like to see a Hazard - Mata - Oscar attack in either the Wigan or Reading match. Could be sensational or could be flat

Fuck City

Aye, but a hollow victory for them.

We were 1-0 up

We lost a player AND still scored against them

If we can get our team balance (midfield) sorted, we won't be far behind them this year!

Next year we need to destroy them in the Charity Shield...

Mikel needs to learn to pass the fucking ball quick. He just takes too many touches in the midfield. Not surprised he was superb end of last season when we were playing defensive football. But he has always been shit when we try to play fluid football. You see Barcelona, keep passing the ball no matter what. Pains me to see when defensive midfielders hold on to the ball