Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Term X and fans like him are embarrassing to the club and the rest of us. Proud of the boys today, never gave up and showed true Chelsea spirit. Ivanovic's red card never would've happened if Savic would have been rightly punished for his foul on Torres, but games are won and lost on those small margins. Good signs going into Wigan.

LOL!, at people saying overreaction?, so this is just a stupid game what means nothing then?.

Yeah so our midfield plays like shite for the 5th time in a row in this new season and there's nothing wrong with it?, observing the players means nothing because it's only friendlies isn't it.

THIS IS GETTING WORRYING, MIKEL AND LAMPARD, PLAY LIKE SHITE.

And our board seems to be doing nothing, we have only been linked with Moses, Cavani and Azpic, THAT IS IT!, WHERE IS THE DM'S?, HAVE WE BEEN LINKED WITH EVEN ONE DM THIS SUMMER?.

Next time it will be:

It's only the opening day... Wigan had a luck and nobody ever takes the first day of Premier League seriously.

I won't comment too much on the outcome of the match since I don't think it's fair to criticize the team since they went a man down early in the game and the results could have been different had Ivanovic not been sent off. What I am most concerned about is the lack of professionalism and discipline some of our players showed today. Obviously, there was Ivanovic with his reckless challenge in the first half to get himself sent off, and then Mikel was booked for dissent, followed by Lampard who took it out on Milner. For fuck's sake, he's our vice-captain, and he loses his head in what is essentially a friendly match and does something stupid like that. And then there was a moment when I thought David Luiz would pull a Pepe on Tevez immediately after his annoyingly spectacular goal for City when he went on shoving him inside the box unnecessarily and attempting to boot the player. He was lucky not to concede a penalty or be booked there. And finally, Bertrand. He should know that if he goes around pushing players in the chest like that, he'll be booked for sure, and the last thing we wanted in that FRIENDLY match was another player on a card before the season even actually began. Let the referee deal with it, and don't get involved. Is that too difficult?

How did the ref cost us the game? That was a red card, 100%.

Yes, that was a red card, but it wouldn't even happen if the ref got the decision of Savic-Torres collision right.

Savic should be the one got sent off. FACT.

I was hoping till the end for a 3-3. I'm disappointed, gotta admit it, Mikel plays like a 10 year old, so I think we need a solid DM, unless Oscar is really seen as regular starter by Robbie in that position.

The Ivanovic tackle was just a complete nonsense - we've had just scored a couple of minutes away from the halftime. Totally deserved red card, but Savic should have been sent off just seconds before that.

One positive, in my opinion was the introduction of Sturridge who looked very lively. Also really liked the hunger from Bertrand who played like a LW/CF.

To conclude Im disappointed, but having in mind we were with one man down for 50 mins, makes the situation easier to accept.

I'ts not a friendly... It's a Supercup match where you can win a trophy. How's this friendly? It also sets your mentality for season. Now we will go into season with one competition lost.

a supercup match is a prestigious friendly.

Some people overreact because of there hate for a certain club. When we lose to Arsenal, I lose my mind.. Some people hate City more or United more etc... People have the right to over react. It shows passion for there side and how they hate losing, even if it is nothing but a revenue raiser.

For me, It was a shit game. Never really competitive. If City wanted to destroy us they could have easily.. We were never really in it.

TBH, the side doesn't look the family that it has over recent seasons.. We are definitely missing our leadership qualities in the team..

So who was the Fucktard that thought we would 'dominate possession' with Mikel and Lampard in the defensive midfield duties and Mata and Hazard playing together up top? :rolleyes:

Poor fuckin game, absolute rubbish. Many are stating that we fought brilliantly and came back 3-2, even so, our movement off the ball, tactical mentality, and above all, our lack of focus cost us this game. I am absolutely pissed because yet again, WE BECOME TEVEZ'S BITCH FFS!

Mikel and Lampard was the sole root of the poor transition in this game and will forever be so if changes are not made. Neither one of them checks to the ball, has the quality or vision of a true Central Midfielder, has poor off the ball movement, and are absolutely terrible when under pressure. The defense was yet again astonishing as they are becoming worse and worse as the season moves on. Ivanovic does not have the fuckin intelligence of a true defender and should be fined for his immature actions. Luiz and Terry are becoming worse and worse with each other when their chemistry should be increasing. Ramires and RB....FFS. Mata and Hazard at moments showed promise but yet again, lack of transition costs them their potential then inevitable costs Torres a Lack of service.

Poor game, pathetic performance. Ref didn't help either as it was 12 men vs 10 the entire match. Savic should have been sent off and Aguero had multiple fouls and received fuck all. And worst of all, we are giving a piece of silverware for City that has a joke of a fanbase and treat each cup they win as if it is bigger than the European Cup.

Sort it out RDM for the love of god, or Pep's arrival will soon be an inevitability.

Can someone explain to me why was our best CB on the bench? RDM deserves to get sacked if he starts with Terry and Luiz in defence again.

Could be saving him for the league, personally if I'd known that cards carried over I would have wanted us to play a reserve team.

Term X and fans like him are embarrassing to the club and the rest of us.

You know nothing about me, as a newb you are in no position to have an opinion on me or how I choose to react in the heat of the moment.

Nor is a forum freshman like spike or caprisun.

5. Salomon Kalou, Jose fucking Bosingwa and Didier Drogba are gone. They were vital to the bus. You can't replace them with 4 foot tall playmakers.

What we should have done, immediately after the sending off was put Essien on, and stick him at right back, maybe take Ramires off... I only say Essien just because he s capable of playing anywhere along the back! He's done it before!

You know nothing about me, as a newb you are in no position to have an opinion on me or how I choose to react in the heat of the moment.

Nor is a forum freshman like spike or caprisun.

Check it out, we have a badass over here!