Brighton Vs Chelsea

James

That's too much too ask. What we need is one passer in midfield to replace lampard

dude, u unfo misunderstood me. We need one of RW, CM or ST. If i were manager, I would buy 5 or 6 players, an expereinced, solid back-up keeper, a regista and/or a proper defensive midfielder, a Right winger, a Striker and a right back.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One reason our play was so uninspired and regressive today certainly rests in our familiar lineup.

Our first eleven barring Hazard were all players from last year, critically missing the 26 assists of Mata. Your not going to face the problem of lacking creativity and inspiration when you have Mata, Oscar and Hazard behind Torres. Lampard and Mikel at the pivot will be extremely important next season and must be defensively sound so the likes of Oscar, Mata and Hazard can thrust forward at defenses with a greater peace of mind.

dude, u unfo misunderstood me. We need one of RW, CM or ST. If i were manager, I would buy 5 or 6 players, an expereinced, solid back-up keeper, a regista and/or a proper defensive midfielder, a Right winger, a Striker and a right back.

In real life, being a manager is not like playing FIFA12 though, mate.

In real life, being a manager is not like playing FIFA12 though, mate.

Well in times of "revolution" and a "new era", u have to make changes. When Mou came in, we signed 10 players in Summer 2004. Fifa 04 had actually such a retarded transfer system, i never could bought that many players...

Brighton did a 'Chelsea' of the end of last season on us and we couldn't break through. The tempo wasn't quick enough, there wasn't enough width with Hazard not playing like a left winger, and Ramires not having enough space to latch onto his customary over the top through ball. Torres looked disinterested (though his service was terrible) and it was a lifeless display.

With Mata, Sturridge and Oscar to come into the team things can only improve. If we up the tempo, have some quicker passing interchanges and create some more width the chances will come about. We needed this kind of test as it's similar to what happens when we play at home, but hopefully against City we'll be able to utilise the counter attack more. I predicted a slow start but it's far too early to get worried. Once we have the whole squad back and we find the best system I'm confident we'll be playing some attractive, attacking football.

But we definitely need another striker. I have faith this season for Torres but if he was to hit bad form or get injured. I can't see Sturridge or Lukaku being able to lead the line well enough against top half the table sides, or the better teams in Europe. From what I've seen of him, this Doumbia would be ideal. Not sure about Moses as a striker.

£230M team fielded, Loses 3-1. Enough said, no excuses.

Pathetic display. I had college tryouts so i didn't see the second half. Feel sorry for the fans that traveled to the game and actually thought they would be entertained by that garbage we produced. Many of you stated brilliant, these losses are not to be ignored, they are representing Chelsea FC, European Champions, and are making a fool of themselves to the whole world. I want hard work, passion, and good football to be displayed on a consistent basis but that is obviously to much to ask for the players we have out.

It is worrying, but i stand by my remark, judge them during the season.

-----------------Torres-------------

------Marin--------Hazard---------Mata

---------------Oscar-----Mikel------------

A.Cole-------------------------------Ivanovic

---------------J.Terry---Cahill--------------

----------------------Cech----------------------

That is our best option with the players we have. Luiz consistantly shows lack of composure and focus, Essien is past it, and Lampard cannot fill the pivot role to the way we want to produce. Ramires for rotation, Hopefully we get Moses/Hulk or Sahin and another Right back to then apply them to our style of play.

I am not surprised by this awful performance, not at all. It was to be expected (though, obviously I didn't expect that scoreline).

Indeed, if you look at the team we fielded, it was exactly the same set of players from last year. Of course, at the exception of Hazard, but he is yet to be a very good player, and still needs time to gel with the team. So all in all, one can say we had the same team as last year with an out-of-form Mata.

Therefore, if you keep this in mind, it shouldn't be a surprise in the slightest that we are still playing a boring, uncreative and sterile football... Should it be ? Last season, whenever we were in possession, we didn't seem to know what to do with the ball, as if it was a bomb. We didn't have no penetration, no creativity, and we were only making side-way passes. Unless Roman picked up our players and brought the players to Lourdes, I do not see any reason for why we would have miraculously improved in the last few weeks. Hazard, despite the great potentiel he has, isn't the Messiah nor Messi.

The bottom line is that despite the fact we purchased technically gifted players (Hazard, Marin, Oscar), our metamorphosis will take time to happen. It is an error and a desillusion to expect us to play an attractive football right now. As I said in the Milan thread, Rome wasn't built in one day. We should get used to the idea of playing the same shit as last season for some weeks/months.

On a side note, I find it worrisome that as soon as we don't park the bus, we seem to revert back to the team we were under Andrès Villas-Boas in January. Food for thought...

On a side note, I find it worrisome that as soon as we don't park the bus, we seem to revert back to the team we were under Andrès Villas-Boas in January. Food for thought...

I noticed that against Milan as well. The defensive line was too high and the CBs were too far apart. Not sure we should try to go back to that after last season's disaster.

we need to get back to basics and play the 4 2 3 1 properly. we need creativity behind torres/sturridge.

mikel-lampard

-hazard-mata-marin-

-torres-

i can't believe we haven't seen something like this already. playing the likes of mereiles or essien is just a waste of time really. they slow the game down. mereiles goes for needless hollywood passes and he is simply not chelsea quality. sell malouda and mereiles...keep benayoun. benayoun in the final third is a heck of a lot more effective then mereiles.

Meireles and Essien were awful. The Bison is not back, and I don't think that he will ever be. He is done. Meireles loses the ball all the time, all he can do is shoot. I hope the club sells them both.

Imo Mikel was very good when he came on. There's a notable difference in midfield when he's on the pitch.

I have a feeling Mata will be burned out, he has had no fucking rest at all!.

At the end of last season he wasn't so effective, he was losing it, I don't want that, we need a creative player so bad!.