Oscar

themightyblue

84 games for Sao Paulo and Internacional combined isn't bad experience for a 20 year old. 19 goals and 22 assists is also very good statistics for his age.

I believe he's also about 5'10 so he certainly won't be small and slight and easy to bully off the ball. Once he becomes acclimatised to the English game he should be fine, and maybe given time can work in the double pivot. As I said in my above post, he will be being brought in with 2013-14 in mind and the long term successor to Lampard.

We have one of the deeprest squads in the premier league this season, our bench is possibly KDB/mikel or lamps/ maicon/ luiz or cahil/ bertrand/ studge/ oscar or kdb or marin, we can finally be considered a top premier league team once again.

I really hope it's all true. It says he plays for Chelsea on his Wikipedia page. He looks an amazing talent and would love to see him at Chelsea. I honestly think we will also see a lot more movement from us in this transfer window, can't wait for next season. We definitely need at least one Winger though.

Whilst also perhaps offering genuine quality cover to Mata or Hazard or whoever is going to be playing in the hole next season. I think this transfer is being made in mind of 2013-14. Bringing him in next season will give him good time to adapt, play some cup games and weaker teams in the league, and he can also get to grips with the English game as he will still be eligible for the new U21's format. I think they'll be looking to get him 15-20 games next season possibly as Lampard's understudy.

I think the price being quoted could be heavily incentive based, and a lot of the money being paid is certainly for potential. However I have said this countless times - I would rather we do a deal like this, as opposed to letting him move to another European club for a year or two and then have to pay double in a couple of seasons to buy him.

If he has only played one full season in Brazil he must be a fucking big talent to have already played a handful of times for Brazil with such little experience under his belt.

But it's a horrible way to run a transfer policy. Paying huge money because the player might be amazing in two years and cost more? You don't need to buy every single player. You fill needs and if you have needs next year, you fill them. You are always going to miss out on star players because there are hundreds of teams out there. There are dozens of great young players and some of them will become stars and some will be massive disappointments. (Remember Freddy Adu? Javier Saviola? etc???) You can't buy them all. I think what happened here is that Spurs made an offer and Internacional told Chelsea about it and Chelsea just overpaid for him to keep him away from Spurs. Looks like a great young talent but the price is ridiculous. (if true)

But it's a horrible way to run a transfer policy. Paying huge money because the player might be amazing in two years and cost more? You don't need to buy every single player. You fill needs and if you have needs next year, you fill them. You are always going to miss out on star players because there are hundreds of teams out there. There are dozens of great young players and some of them will become stars and some will be massive disappointments. (Remember Freddy Adu? Javier Saviola? etc???) You can't buy them all. I think what happened here is that Spurs made an offer and Internacional told Chelsea about it and Chelsea just overpaid for him to keep him away from Spurs. Looks like a great young talent but the price is ridiculous. (if true)

Ok it's a gamble, but the kid is promising and will be at the Olympics. We are building a squad for the future with young players a good 7 yr plan.

I like this, shows the world Roman is committed and also shows he was serious about rebuilding.

You need a BIG squad nowadays, look at City they have almost 3 teams to field. A few key injuries and our team looked light, now we are going for depth and breadth with some amazingly talented and more importantly versatile youngsters.

Exciting times ahead (if this story is true of course ;p)

anyone know if Oscar will play in the olympics? i`m very much presuming so but anyone know for sure?.

i think the whole modric saga made Roman push ahead here and speeded up when we were going to pouce,with a bit of the Neymar saga,the Robinho saga..Roman wants to get them over here before they get settled and their prices keep rising.

anyone know if Oscar will play in the olympics? i`m very much presuming so but anyone know for sure?.

i think the whole modric saga made Roman push ahead here and speeded up when we were going to pouce,with a bit of the Neymar saga,the Robinho saga..Roman wants to get them over here before they get settled and their prices keep rising.

He is 100%

Chelsea hits hiring Oscar

for $ 78 million, says British newspaper

Board of Inter, however, says it has not received any proposal

http://globoesporte....78-milhoes.html

Paulo Freitas@Cynegeticus

Oscar just talked to Globo Esporte, he said: 'I will stay [at Internacional]". #CFC #Internacional #THFC

jon cotterill@Pitacodogringo

On the Globoesporte site posted at 20:43 - Oscar now denying the Chelsea rumours - post could have been written earlier in the day of course

jon cotterill@Pitacodogringo

Internacional president, Giovanni Luigi, says the club has not received an official bid for Oscar

So it could be bullshit...