Oscar

themightyblue

I expect this lad to play in the double pivot with defensive cover from Mikel, and maybe provide back up for Mata/Hazard. He's going to have to work on his defensive game just like Modric did, but if he does we'll have a gem in our hands.

Seriously think he's the Modric alternative, can't see him starting on the right for us.

How does Oscar compare to his compatriot Ganso?

At his age his is the better player, Ganso's only played 2 more games than him for Brazil but injuries have halted his progress. To be honest at this moment in time I would take Oscar over Ganso. This would be an astute acquisition, it was fantasy(talent) football for me a while back! blue%20scalf.gif

I expect this lad to play in the double pivot with defensive cover from Mikel, and maybe provide back up for Mata/Hazard. He's going to have to work on his defensive game just like Modric did, but if he does we'll have a gem in our hands.

Seriously think he's the Modric alternative, can't see him starting on the right for us.

Whilst also perhaps offering genuine quality cover to Mata or Hazard or whoever is going to be playing in the hole next season. I think this transfer is being made in mind of 2013-14. Bringing him in next season will give him good time to adapt, play some cup games and weaker teams in the league, and he can also get to grips with the English game as he will still be eligible for the new U21's format. I think they'll be looking to get him 15-20 games next season possibly as Lampard's understudy.

I think the price being quoted could be heavily incentive based, and a lot of the money being paid is certainly for potential. However I have said this countless times - I would rather we do a deal like this, as opposed to letting him move to another European club for a year or two and then have to pay double in a couple of seasons to buy him.

If he has only played one full season in Brazil he must be a fucking big talent to have already played a handful of times for Brazil with such little experience under his belt.

Whilst also perhaps offering genuine quality cover to Mata or Hazard or whoever is going to be playing in the hole next season. I think this transfer is being made in mind of 2013-14. Bringing him in next season will give him good time to adapt, play some cup games and weaker teams in the league, and he can also get to grips with the English game as he will still be eligible for the new U21's format. I think they'll be looking to get him 15-20 games next season possibly as Lampard's understudy.

I think the price being quoted could be heavily incentive based, and a lot of the money being paid is certainly for potential. However I have said this countless times - I would rather we do a deal like this, as opposed to letting him move to another European club for a year or two and then have to pay double in a couple of seasons to buy him.

If he has only played one full season in Brazil he must be a fucking big talent to have already played a handful of times for Brazil with such little experience under his belt.

Touche, remember when 14 million was madness for Neymar. That figure seems derisory now! Whilst the risk factor is their, an equally tantalising prospect always exists.

Can he really play in the double pivot? Someone who watched a lot of him needs to do a scout report. Ive watched a bit of him but I personally don't think he can play in a double pivot.

Maybe we should switch to a 4-3-3.

Ramires/Meireles - Mikel/Romeu - Lampard/Oscar

Hazard - Torres - Mata

This probably gets the best out of the midfield but not so sure about the front 3.

Prefer Josh/KDB over this guy.

KDB prefers the left flank and Josh occupies the Lampard midfield anchor position, like Schweinsteger and Modric. Oscar is an attacking mid. Now for the future we have players like Piazon, Oscar, Mata and Hazard as world class prospects in that position. As a Brasilian all I can say is that this guy is a maestro has been very impressive for country, which is a big pressure let alone the pressure brazil put on him.

Prefer Josh/KDB over this guy.

We need to give the lad a try, Josh + KDB are also still unproven and potentially looks like Josh might not make it - sad but true, Swansea didn't play him :(

Every CFC player deserves a chance though - but Oscar is a great prospect and is a great addition to our squad.

Unlikely we will get Hulk now, but if he does come pretty big Brazil contingent for him :)

I hope Piazon gets some games too - really like him ;)

I really like Oscar, he impressed me more than Hulk and any other Brazilian in their recent friendlies. that is why i was surprised when i saw him being linked with Spurs! i thought some better teams would be interested, now i know that we are which makes sense he is a class player, and if he comes in we would probably play like this.

.........Oscar..........Mata.............Hazard...

...........................Torres.........................

with no one of the 3 behind Torres having a fixed position, all three can roam around behind Torres and work their magic! which is a very exciting prospect!

Where will Malouda fit in to all of this?

KDB prefers the left flank and Josh occupies the Lampard midfield anchor position, like Schweinsteger and Modric. Oscar is an attacking mid. Now for the future we have players like Piazon, Oscar, Mata and Hazard as world class prospects in that position. As a Brazilian all I can say is that this guy is a maestro has been very impressive for country, which is a big pressure let alone the pressure brazil put on him.

Kevin feels better in the center of the field, rather than on the flank. He himself talked about it.