Daniel Sturridge

the wes

His dad want him to play as a striker so he gets into the England setup for the first few games in the Euro.

It's frustrating to watch him on the right wing while Torres continues to play up top - but it doesn't seem we have any alternatives despite having two transfer windows to sign someone. But I believe he will play better once Drogba comes back or if we had Lukaku up top - it's natural for a player like Sturridge playing on the right wing to need a physical forward out there to free up space so he can cut in and get the ball to his better foot. If I see the same eleven out there against Everton(Malouda; Bosingwa; Raul; Torres) I will begin to loose patience with AVB, his decisions and persistence with players out of form is driving me mad and his substitutions are also mind boggling.

Last time I checked, Sturridge was wearing the no.23 shirt for Chelsea...can't believe so many people are over-reacting to stuff from the tabloids

yeah, the prejudice on this forum is sometimes astonishing. I remember people calling Cahill a greedy fuck and saying they don't like him already because of what newspapers reported, but after his interviews and debut all is forgotten... short memory people have. If it's the way of the people, then I see why FA is the same.

His reactions to substitutions aren't helping him at all. On one hand, a little arrogance is good especially for a striker but he needs to learn to accept decisions and not come off looking like a spoilt brat. I still really, really like him as a player and he has tremendous potential and I honestly can understand why he may be frustrated, but he should learn how to be part of a team.

We've got a guy at this club who has gone 20 games without a goal. 1000 mins on the pitch without a goal, once upon a time Europe's most deadliest striker. The Striker position is up for grabs and no one should complain that Danny wants it because the guy playing in that position at the moment doesn't want to shoot anymore. He's not being ''cocky'' he's just being real, Torres can't just keep playing because he's already gone most the bloody season without a goal.

@FrancoZola I'm 100% backing him over this. We have one of the most promising young forwards in Europe and we are playing him out wide because he has ''PACE''. You'll never see Micheal Owen or Pato or Ian Wright playing on the wings, we always try to turn any striker with a little pace into a winger (Square pegs in round holes). Anelka played his whole Chelsea career out wide and when we put him in the middle he bloody won the golden boot. He is brilliant at taking on his man out wide but he's a Striker and at Bolton he was taking the piss out of Premierleague defenders WEEK IN WEEK OUT with players like Nigel Reo-Coker in midfield. Torres hasn't scored a goal since September, imagine if you were Sturridge what would you think ?

You are spot on there, and i do think he is a striker, but you play him in the middle who do we have on the right wing?, no one, Drogba might be good but not be good wide, plus he lacks the pace.

We've got a guy at this club who has gone 20 games without a goal. 1000 mins on the pitch without a goal, once upon a time Europe's most deadliest striker. The Striker position is up for grabs and no one should complain that Danny wants it because the guy playing in that position at the moment doesn't want to shoot anymore. He's not being ''cocky'' he's just being real, Torres can't just keep playing because he's already gone most the bloody season without a goal.

So true, personally i think had we signed Falcao or Drogba regained his 09/10 form and was scoring to nearly a rate of 1 a game then Danny probably would not have batted a eyelid but the fact its Torres and Drogba who have both been pants for most of the season.

So true, personally i think had we signed Falcao or Drogba regained his 09/10 form and was scoring to nearly a rate of 1 a game then Danny probably would not have batted a eyelid but the fact its Torres and Drogba who have both been pants for most of the season.

Probably, but wouldn't happen anyway, Falcao wouldn't of scored goals at our club, it lacks creativity, every one in the front 3 gets a pass with there back to goal, midfield has no ideas even on counter attacks. Ramires is an average passer also and he's our best midfielder. Falcao probably would of had more than Torres mind you, but not much more, it's like if Van Persie came to our team he would of had about 4 or 5 goals right now, instead of the 21 or 22 goals he has at the moment with Arsenal.

Seems to me that Danny plays where he plays because he is the best candidate for that position. If we had a player who could do the job half as well i would fully expect him to be in contention but we dont so he just gonna have to suck it up for now.

Probably, but wouldn't happen anyway, Falcao wouldn't of scored goals at our club, it lacks creativity, every one in the front 3 gets a pass with there back to goal, midfield has no ideas even on counter attacks. Ramires is an average passer also and he's our best midfielder. Falcao probably would of had more than Torres mind you, but not much more, it's like if Van Persie came to our team he would of had about 4 or 5 goals right now, instead of the 21 or 22 goals he has at the moment with Arsenal.

The creativity has been shit but i still think Falcao would still have got goals regardless, he's confidence is sky high and he would just poach goals, Kalou got 11 last season without the creativity behind him and he is regarded by most as the worst player we have.

Thing is with Nando, ive seen him in position's running against the last defender and thinking 4 years ago he would have ran past him and been through on goal, last season he played for Liverpool against Arsenal and he tried to run past Koscielnly and get through on goal but he (Kos) caught up with him and got the ball, if that was the 2007-2009 Torres, Koscielny would not have stood a chance and been made to look silly.

The creative side of our team is a problem but Torres don't half contribute to his own downfall, where-as Falcao would have took any chance he got, even if they did come sparingly.

The creativity has been shit but i still think Falcao would still have got goals regardless, he's confidence is sky high and he would just poach goals, Kalou got 11 last season without the creativity behind him and he is regarded by most as the worst player we have.

Thing is with Nando, ive seen him in position's running against the last defender and thinking 4 years ago he would have ran past him and been through on goal, last season he played for Liverpool against Arsenal and he tried to run past Koscielnly and get through on goal but he (Kos) caught up with him and got the ball, if that was the 2007-2009 Torres, Koscielny would not have stood a chance and been made to look silly.

The creative side of our team is a problem but Torres don't half contribute to his own downfall, where-as Falcao would have took any chance he got, even if they did come sparingly.

I know for one thing, his confidence wouldn't of been sky high here, don't forget Falcao gives up too, he did it at porto, but then he went on and got top scorer in the Portugese league i think. But yeah i know for one thing he would of scored most of the chances Torres had, Torres is a real piss taker, i don't care if you're confidence is down the drain you should always hit the ball when your 5 yards out and it's been squared to you, (the norwich game) where if he did that he could of gotten us 3 points, he also had a simple chance to get us 3 points in the Man United game.

I would switch the formation to a 4-4-2 with Sturridge and Mata upfront. I would play Mata just behind him with Ramires on the right and Malouda on the left. I would tell Mata that his primary job is to drop into space create chances for the whole side. Meaning Malouda and Ramires have the option to burst forward whenever they want.

our midfielder that is Lampard has got 20 goals a season for the past who knows how many years, regardless of our team's creative issues... even now he has much more. Creativity only excuses you so far.. I have no doubt Falcao and RVP would be miles ahead of Torres in our team. And our off-position winger that is Sturridge has got also more. Yeah I can see where he can feel upset when a moneydrain is preferred to him in his favoured position.

The case with Torres however is exceptional and it should be studied by coaches across the world as an example of what went wrong and how to avoid it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KL5OoenVIk

Have a look at 0:49 when he tried to run Koscienly but got caught and Kos took the ball off him, this was 6 months before he came here, if Torres still had the pace of a couple of years previous Koscienly would have been mugged a new one there.

our midfielder that is Lampard has got 20 goals a season for the past who knows how many years, regardless of our team's creative issues... even now he has much more. Creativity only excuses you so far.. I have no doubt Falcao and RVP would be miles ahead of Torres in our team. And our off-position winger that is Sturridge has got also more.

Not sure why we are discussing Torres, at the moment he deserves no attention besides in his own thread.

They are acting like Torres has not had chances, his chance conversion rate is one of the lowest in the country. He has Mata who is one of the highest assist makers in the league.

our midfielder that is Lampard has got 20 goals a season for the past who knows how many years, regardless of our team's creative issues... even now he has much more. Creativity only excuses you so far.. I have no doubt Falcao and RVP would be miles ahead of Torres in our team. And our off-position winger that is Sturridge has got also more.

Not sure why we are discussing Torres, at the moment he deserves no attention besides in his own thread.

That's because the forward pushes the defence with his movement, and Lampard comes into the box in the empty space, that's where most of his goals come from, he's worked with this team for ages aswell, he knows the average routines, as for a new striker wouldn't as much. Van Persie's goals have been from simple squares, most of them, does Torres ever get a simple square?, very rarely, Sturridge has had plenty of chances but he's took a shot instead, where as Walcott and Gervinho constantly just pass it to Persie. No wonder the prick is top scorer, but he's still world class no doubt, however he wouldn't be far from Torres in our team i'm telling you now, because just tell me this, if Van Persie would be miles ahead of Torres, where are the goals going to come from?, his movement?, Torres makes some good movement when he's upfront but no one passes the fucking ball to him.