Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I think they are both missing Drogba, or any physical presence in the box - as bad as Drogba has been he is like a magnet for defenders and somehow still manages to pass to somebody who is making a run and he is quicker on the turn than Torres which means defenders cannot return without leaving him unmarked. I remember a goal by Lampard after some nice build up play in which Torres was involved. Torres squared the ball to A.Cole who in turn crossed for Lampard to score(Lamps originally passed the ball to Torres and continued his run); Torres after the ball to A.Cole stood still, while he should have been running into the box right after Lamps.

It's little instances like that, which make me question the whole persistence with Torres as much as his misses and lack of goals, like A.Cole's cross in the Swansea game when the only player in the box was Sturridge.

Anyhow I've gone off topic, on recent form Sturridge should be benched for a few games, but so should half of the squad along with him - so right now there are simply no options for such general changes.

I think they are both missing Drogba, or any physical presence in the box - as bad as Drogba has been he is like a magnet for defenders and somehow still manages to pass to somebody who is making a run and he is quicker on the turn than Torres which means defenders cannot return without leaving him unmarked. I remember a goal by Lampard after some nice build up play in which Torres was involved. Torres squared the ball to A.Cole who in turn crossed for Lampard to score(Lamps originally passed the ball to Torres and continued his run); Torres after the ball to A.Cole stood still, while he should have been running into the box right after Lamps. It's little instances like that, which make me question the whole persistence with Torres as much as his misses and lack of goals, like A.Cole's cross in the Swansea game when the only player in the box was Sturridge. Anyhow I've gone off topic, on recent form Sturridge should be benched for a few games, but so should half of the squad along with him - so right now there are simply no options for such general changes.

Good point, Las7. I didn't actually think about it in that sense. Drogba's skills were perfectly illustrated in the Wolves and Newcastle games where even though he didn't do anything spectacular, he dragged defenders with him everywhere he went, which give Sturridge and Mata more time and space on the ball.

Surely this shit is not true:

http://www.dailymail...-Sturridge.html

To quote one of the readers from the Mail;

"If half the stories published in the Mail were true, Arsenal would have won the league by now"

DANIEL STURRIDGE’S father has accused Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas of wasting his son’s talents.

England striker Sturridge is a possible summer target for Arsenal, who may try to capitalise on the fact he is unhappy at being played on the right wing this season.

The Gunners have been watching former Manchester City man Sturridge, who has 10 goals this season and who has publicly stated he would prefer to play as a central striker. His father, Michael, said: “When Daniel plays in his natural position, which is a central striker, you will see maybe two or three times as much of the player that you see playing on the wings. He can show you a lot more.

“In terms of potential, we have to see him play in that [central] position to see how far he can go.”

Sturridge, 22, wants to negotiate a new contract at Stamford Bridge, but the club are reluctant to open talks as he still has two-and-a-half years left on his current deal.

http://www.express.c...-central-claim?

Inevitable? -_-

Inevitable? -_-

It seems. Selfish on the pitch, selfish in life.

Next season: Cavani/Falcão - Hulk

Torres and Sturridge should go. The first is ex-footballer, the later thinks he already plays for Arsenal to dare to ask for another contract or asking for a more important role.

If Daniel himself has so many opinions about this, he can fuck off. No one is bigger than the team. He isn't Messi. He's had one good year. So suck it up and play for the team. I don't care if we lose a talented player if the player himself is damaging our team's morale and becomes a liability.

He hasn't said anything yet, but I can definitely see him saying such things.

He has only answered leading questions about this so far, let's not get on his back yet.

Yep, that's why I said "If Daniel himself has so many opinions about this". But I feel as if something like that is coming, based on his attitude every time he is substituted

He has only answered leading questions about this so far, let's not get on his back yet.

His father wouldn't have said that if he wasn't sure that's how Danny felt imo. But nonetheless, Danial himself has not complained (too much) about it so far.

Danny is a good player with the potential to be a great striker for us. but obviously he is frustrated being put on the wing when he wants to play CF. Anelka was the same a few years back. but the team comes first though him being English helps our English player quota.

It's true, and I'm not suggesting this is all in stone.. But it would be hard to ignore a certain attitude emerging from the boy. He looks happy to play, though, which is always good to see but it's clear as day the wing position isn't one he can fulfil. He can't cut-back/cross or play passes in the box, while he has still time to perfect these traits, it is worrying to think he may keep these thoughts alive in his mind.