Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Suarez's influence definitely has little to do with Daniel's goal scoring ability. Let's just drop that narrative.

However, it's one thing scoring goals for Liverpool but it's an entirely different thing doing it here. Liverpool's system is set up for the strikers. The strikers are the focal point of their attack. Just look at that ball by Sterling for Daniel's first goal - despite us having the more talented attacking midfielders how many times do you see them attempt a pass like that?

Not saying that Sturridge wouldn't be able to score goals here. He did so under AVB. It's just very unlikely that he would be able to replicate the performances he's putting in now in a Chelsea shirt.

Why is he not?

Well, I can't be sure how he'd fare under Jose, he might be something completely different than what we saw when he last played for us. Who knows? I'd rather save myself the embarrassment of us taking him back from Liverpool for 3 times the fee we sold him, so I don't want to find out :)

Well, I can't be sure how he'd fare under Jose, he might be something completely different than what we saw when he last played for us. Who knows? I'd rather save myself the embarrassment of us taking him back from Liverpool for 3 times the fee we sold him, so I don't want to find out :)

I'm not saying take him back but that doesn't explain why he wouldn't fit here as a striker.

Okay I have to admit he's doing pretty well and the Liverpool move has done wonders for him. Still not the right player for us though, he wasn't and he wouldn't be.

True. A striker that scores goals isnt the player we need.

Okay I have to admit he's doing pretty well and the Liverpool move has done wonders for him. Still not the right player for us though, he wasn't and he wouldn't be.

If we had Sturridge instead of Eto'o(similar players in my opinion) we'd be out of sight right now... Sturridge with Hazard, Willian and Oscar would be a VERY dangerous front 4... No doubt.

Explain to me what he's done to convince you this bad that his ego is that huge?

The fact he demanded 75k a week to stay at City when he was 19 or 20.... surely he must not have had that much a ego thinking hes worthy of that wages... no?

The fact he demanded 75k a week to stay at City when he was 19 or 20.... surely he must not have had that much a ego thinking hes worthy of that wages... no?

Demanding money from Arabs is proof of his ego?

How about the fact that Hughes played Chad Evans ahead of him; signed the likes of Jo; Santa Cruz; Adebayor; for about 50 million and took City to mid table.

Torres must have a huge ego since his wage is 3 times higher than Sturridge in that case

Anyhow lets move on from this:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/24/liverpool-daniel-sturridge-luis-suarez-england-world-cup

True, in 129 Premier League matches, Sturridge has scored 54 goals – a bit under one every other game. But the unvarnished statistics mask the real picture: at Manchester City and Chelsea he was a bit-part actor in a giant theatre ensemble: he got a short scene here, a cameo there. Of those 129 Premier League appearances, 54 were as a substitute.

When you look at Sturridge's goal tally per 90 minutes in the Premier League across his career a dramatically different picture emerges. He has scored an average of 0.69 league goals per 90 minutes. That puts him ahead of all the other great Liverpool strikers in the Premier League era, including Michael Owen (0.59 goals every 90 minutes), Fernando Torres (0.53), Robbie Fowler (0.52) and, yes, Suárez (0.64).

More impressively still, Sturridge's tally puts him above Robin van Persie(0.68 goals per 90 minutes), Alan Shearer (0.61) and Ronaldo (0.52) when he was in the Premier League. In fact, Opta's stats show that only three players in Premier League history have scored at a better rate than Sturridge: Agüero (0.78 per 90), Thierry Henry (0.74) and Ruud van Nistelrooy (0.70).

I am all for bringing him back.

This kid can easily be the starting English striker for the next 2 world cups. People want an English core for the club then adding the lad leading the line is the perfect move.

Dont think he'd want to come back.