Luke Shaw

Joker10

Luis? He'll be 29 and he's proven at the top level. I'd like to see us develop a few of the youngsters like Kalas and Zouma next season so we could do with a bit more experience whilst giving time to a few of the other young lads in the academy.

YES, I hear that.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are we wanting a starting LB or a back up .. Azpi seemed to do a good job last year in keeping Ash benched . So do we sign someone and bench Dave ??

don't talk rotation because Jose doesn't rotate the back 5

IF Azpi did that well at LB then how good will he be at his natural RB?

Luis? He'll be 29 and he's proven at the top level. I'd like to see us develop a few of the youngsters like Kalas and Zouma next season so we could do with a bit more experience whilst giving time to a few of the other young lads in the academy.

This would be vital for Mourinho if he wants to settle at a club for a long time, then just 3 years or so.

He needs to help bring in younger players to offset the cost of buying expensive targets.

Over 10 years he is, £30m is a bargain. Less headaches with the homegrown quota too, plus the Chelsea die hards/season ticket holders get to keep their english core.

In 2024, when he becomes a United legend like Rio after his mega money move from Leeds, we'll see what people think of that price tag.

And how do you know he will turn up to be a world class player? He could very well be the next Bertrand as far as im concerned. We will get Barkley and a english gk and solve our problems.

Thing to remember with Shaw, [if we have any chance at all] is I think he'd push for a move to here more than he would Utd. Therefore I think he may drive his own price down and hand in a TR, and we could have offered them part ex. Be it Bertrand, Moses whatever

Thing to remember with Shaw, [if we have any chance at all] is I think he'd push for a move to here more than he would Utd. Therefore I think he may drive his own price down and hand in a TR, and we could have offered them part ex. Be it Bertrand, Moses whatever

do you believe in the tooth fairy as well ?

And how do you know he will turn up to be a world class player? He could very well be the next Bertrand as far as im concerned. We will get Barkley and a english gk and solve our problems.

You can't say Shaw will turn out to be like Bertrand and then say Barkley will solve our problems :lol:

Just a comparison, I know some of you guys aren't a fan of statistics, but Ricardo Rodriguez was significantly better than Shaw this season. I know he's 3 years older but here's a comparison of their stats, check them out. You'll see he has a significant advantage over Shaw in terms of assists, chances created, tackles won, aerial duels won, and interceptions. This shows, not only is he excellent going forward, but he holds his own defensively as well. Seems like the MAIN reason people want him here is cause A)He's English or B) He's a Chelsea fan.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#bundesliga/2013/2014/ricardo_rodriguez/66/66/2390/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/luke_shaw/64/64/747/0/p#pass_completion/assists/tackles_won/interceptions/aerial_duels_won/chances_created#total

If we can't get Shaw, keep Cole as our starting LB. There's no point in wasting money on 29 year-olds when we have Cole just a couple years older, and arguably much better already.

do you believe in the tooth fairy as well ?

what an immature response. well done. You mean to tell me you dont think the slightest chance if we bid for him and southampton play hard ball, shaw or his agent wouldnt be in the media pushing? of course they would. .naive

When a player hands in a TR he forfeits any loyalties owed to him, therefore clubs tend to be more lenient in their negotiations when the player has waived his right to said moneys. [also the reason rooney didnt hand one in, he would have probably waived millions]

1. 30M for an 18 year old is astronomical.

2. There is absolutely nothing to say he's going to be huge other than people assuming.

3. Saying 'Fuck the board' is silly because contrary to popular belief the board are doing a fine job at Chelsea.

Well its not a perfect job to say the least...half the reason why people on here are even thinking that 30 mill for Shaw is reasonable is because we've let other high-potential English talent like Sturridge, slip away for peanuts....whose mistake is that?

what an immature response. well done. You mean to tell me you dont think the slightest chance if we bid for him and southampton play hard ball, shaw or his agent wouldnt be in the media pushing? of course they would. .naive

When a player hands in a TR he forfeits any loyalties owed to him, therefore clubs tend to be more lenient in their negotiations when the player has waived his right to said moneys. [also the reason rooney didnt hand one in, he would have probably waived millions]

so you think Saints would agree to selling him to us for much less than United offer ,, And he would be willing to give up perhaps £30000 a week to play for us

and you call me naive ... GET in the real world

Evra has just signed a one year extension to stay at United. Could affect their pursuit of Shaw..

Probably more evidence that Shaw will indeed be going there. He'll have a mentor and cover.

so you think Saints would agree to selling him to us for much less than United offer ,, And he would be willing to give up perhaps £30000 a week to play for us

and you call me naive ... GET in the real world

who said "much less" and why would he give up 30000 a week? He would earn more here than at Saints and perhaps get a decent signing on fee to compensate for his loss of loyalty bonus. He doesnt get his loyalty weekly, they're paid upon completion of a years contract. Let's say Saints want £30m for him and he has a loyalty owing of £3m. If Chelsea offered the 30m, saints then have to pay Shaw £3m. If Shaw hands in a TR forfeiting that £3m.. saints would then perhaps take £27m as they've saved 3m anyway [so fee and saving of loyalty equals the 30m they wanted]. So yes, there is every chance they could take less if shaw pushes....

It's confusing but it's why players handing in transfer requests tend to move quickly and for fees less than quoted

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You