Luke Shaw

Joker10

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As pointed out by many on here before yesterday ,Shaw should already be a Chelsea player ,amongst the reasons why are ,his age,his class,he is English and most important he is Chelsea ,our scouts should have already acted on this after his performances against us last season ,forget Rooney if I could have one before the window closes it would be this boy,he is going to be the best left back in the world and that is where we want to be as a club,an obvious transfer target for us and difficult to understand why he is not already a Chelsea player.

As pointed out by many on here before yesterday ,Shaw should already be a Chelsea player ,amongst the reasons why are ,his age,his class,he is English and most important he is Chelsea ,our scouts should have already acted on this after his performances against us last season ,forget Rooney if I could have one before the window closes it would be this boy,he is going to be the best left back in the world and that is where we want to be as a club,an obvious transfer target for us and difficult to understand why he is not already a Chelsea player.

Ever considered that Southampton aren't selling for a realistic price?

Ever considered we should have signed him before he signed a new contract and have you considered he is a Chelsea fan?

What part of my post that states we should have signed him last season did you not understand?

I'm very sure that top clubs, not just Chelsea, had a look at the guy but couldn't get him because Southampton were not looking to sell him.

Even if he did sign a new contract, Southampton have no reason to sell if a big offer came in as they're financially a very stable Premier League club now.

The boy is a Chelsea fan and the lure of Champions League football ,medals,playing for a big club and England as well as more money is usually what makes a player move and all that is at Chelsea the club the boy supports ,not sure what the point about other clubs being interested relevance is,because if we make a move he will surely come to us as his first choice and as I say English talent like this is rare and should be pursued with urgency.

And my main point is we have a scouting failure at the club for us not to have signed Shaw BEFORE he signed his new deal with Southampton in the summer,he is and was a very obvious transfer target for many reasons .

The boy is a Chelsea fan and the lure of Champions League football ,medals,playing for a big club and England as well as more money is usually what makes a player move and all that is at Chelsea the club the boy supports ,not sure what the point about other clubs being interested relevance is,because if we make a move he will surely come to us as his first choice and as I say English talent like this is rare and should be pursued with urgency.

And my main point is we have a scouting failure at the club for us not to have signed Shaw BEFORE he signed his new deal with Southampton in the summer,he is and was a very obvious transfer target for many reasons .

didnt he say that he wanted to stay at Southhamtpon to grow and develop and thought he isnt ready for a big club yet?

Exactly this. He feels himself he isn't ready for a big club, couple that with the fact that Southampton don't want to sell and that Southampton are now a decent PL side and you'll easily see that he isn't as attainable as you're making him out to be.

He's obviously an obvious transfer target but he's very hard to attain. You can't say the scouts failed because of that because no other big club has signed him either.

He is ready for a big club if his performances are the guide and fair enough if he wants to stay at Southampton and not play in the champions league and not win medals ,but if and when he decides he is ready to play for a big club that club should be Chelsea.

He is ready for our first team now and if I were at Chelsea I would be letting him know that when he is ready to move to a big club ,that big club should be the club he supports, we should be chasing English players with his kind of talent with urgency.

You should write a letter to the club, telling them about this Luke Shaw kid. Make sure to include a photo so they know who to look for....maybe a link to Google Maps so they can make their way down to Southampton.

That might help as it is as far as I can see ,he plays for Southampton only 1 hour from Cobham and a short flight to Manchester and until he signs for us ,the discussion should continue.

The point is that he's a great young player, but if he came here he'd be third choice in all likelihood. I'd love us to sign him but I can see why he hasn't left, why Southampton haven't chosen to sell and why we haven't put a bid in yet.

Having a pop at our scouts seems entirely unfair. I'm sure they're aware of him but they don't make the decision to bid for a player.

If he came to us he would be joint first choice with Ash to mentor him for a season ,then it will all be his next season in my opinion ,that would be my talk if I were trying to sign him ,he is 17 and is going to be one of the best in the world ,telling him he is third choice will not convince if that is what we are doing.

If he came to us he would be joint first choice with Ash to mentor him for a season ,then it will all be his next season in my opinion ,that would be my talk if I were trying to sign him ,he is 17 and is going to be one of the best in the world ,telling him he is third choice will not convince if that is what we are doing.

No way would Shaw be first choice........ Cole and even Bertrand have much more experience on him, I mean much much more experience. Bertrand has played nearly 200 championship games and however many PL games here now, few England caps, Champions League winner, Europa League and well Ashley Cole is Ashley Cole, 100+ England caps, PL winner, FA cup winner, CL winner, Europa League winner.......

Just signed a long term contract to keep playing first team football at Southampton. He will stay until we make a move after Cole eventually retires. If he can be even half as good as Cole's been for us, he would be a huge signing for us

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You