Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke Shaw ‏@Luke_shaw3 13m

@samjmcavoy: @Luke_shaw3 What was the first academy you joined? #AskLukeShaw” had trials at Chelsea and arsenal

Another kid we could have potentially had for free but no we will have to pay at least 10-15m for..

Another kid we could have potentially had for free but no we will have to pay at least 10-15m for..

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Ryan. Had he stayed with us, his development probably won't have happened the way it did right now and we'll maybe just be sending on loan to here and there and everywhere..

• 3 weeks later...

How much is Luke shaw going to cost?

20m?

I'm not sure. Their are quite a few stumbling blocks for this transfer.

He doesn't need to move, Southampton are in no danger of being relegated anytime soon.

Southampton don't need money as they are bankrolled by investors.

Shaw just signed a new contract.

He doesn't need to move, Southampton are in no danger of being relegated anytime soon.

True....but if players want to leave then it is hard for the clubs to keep them most of the time, unless you're a United. We may well pay over the odds for him but this kid could be around for the next decade or so.

Soxxy, Cole, Shaw....that's not bad going for a 15-20 year period.

Think it will also depends on whether Mourinho actually wanting him or not as he might have a preference for someone else instead.

We will need some english players soon after Lamps, Cole and Terry retire. There is 1% chance we get someone ala Rooney or Wilshere while Barkley realy isnt required as we have Oscar and Mata, but Mou might see something in him. Cant find any more good english players right now, except for Sturridge who obviously wont join us in near future.

So Shaw is one of very few or maybe even only english player atm that is required in the squad and has talent and skill to make LB position his own.

It would be ridiculous/sad to see our first 11 in next years without single englishman.

baker, chalobah, loftus-cheek, josh, swift, brown, kiwomya, kane.

shaw is very talented, but so are this guys. and they are all Englishmen.

I wish they suceed, but at Chelsea, conditions for talents are terrible, last who was brought from academy was Terry...I honestly wouldnt put too much hope on these kids...they will need play time to evolve and there is no chance that they will get it among all the players we buy every year. Maybe Chalobah or RLC if we have real luck and things work out.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You