Joker10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ryan Bertrand is ok for our future LB.

But I would like it if we sign him in the summer.

He can actually stay at Southampton on loan for a year. Cause Cole still got a year or two left in him.

I can't describe how frustrated I'd be seeing him at Tottenham or Arsenal. I really can't.

We're his boyhood club. At his young age he's already one of the Premier League's best full-backs. He is the only player in the world I want to see succeed Ashley Cole.

I can't describe how frustrated I'd be seeing him at Tottenham or Arsenal. I really can't.

We're his boyhood club. At his young age he's already one of the Premier League's best full-backs. He is the only player in the world I want to see succeed Ashley Cole.

I was going to say you were going a little bit overboard, but he's a young, English left-back and that's something we've always had trouble with. Coley has been the main man for years, but before that it seemed like we were buying a new one every week (Doriga, Hall, Dow, Barness, Phelan, Baba) and apart from Soxxy it's been a tricky position traditionally.

Plus I don't particularly rate either Nditi or Wright so why not go for it? Berts is a capable deputy and Van Aanholt holds some promise but if I had to put money on which of the three makes it then I have to go for Shaw both right now and in the future, which is something considering he's the youngest of the three.

Plus if we can get him now it saves us the trouble of tapping him up later.

One question. Does he get plenty of defensive help in Soton? Or is he left alone like our fullbacks?

Left alone. Jay Rodriguez plays on the Left for Soton (seen Lambert a couple of times as well) under Pochettino and as you can expect he's left alone a lot. Can't blame Rodriguez (and Lambert sometimes) as they are basically strikers played out of position

He's had a few games where he's overrun 2 on 1. example Reading, but for his age, i think it's normal for fullbacks to have testing games. Usually reliable and solid. Would love to sign him but we can't loan him to a PL club the window we sign him. So, the club has to play the waiting game I think

Chelsea believe they have won the race to sign Southampton's Luke Shaw for a fee of £10m (Times) #CFC #Saints

Nice if true. Loan back would be ideal, then if he develops well next season we can have him and Bertrand as LBs after Cole's contracts expires. We'd be set for years.

Being a Chelsea supporter it should be easy enough to decline Tottenham :wub:

Also considering his age, his prime-watching years of us must have been when Mourinho was here, so he knows how much Mou can get out of players. The chance to work with him would surely be too good to - OH NO. I just had an image in my head of Shaw in a Tottenham kit and it looks sorta right ah no :cry::cry::cry:

Surely we must be loaning him back for at least 2 years if we're signing him. We won't be able to give him game time with Cole still fit and able.

Cole's contract is expiring next year and he's not even that good anymore, would replace him with Shaw without hesitation next year if we already had both players in our ranks and the option was between releasing Cole and recalling Shaw from loan or extending Cole's massive contract and having Shaw remain on loan.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You