• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lukaku, Ba, Torres

Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Moses, Marin, Piazon*
De Bruyne, Mikel, Ramires, Romeu, Chalobah*, McEachran*
Cole, Bertrand, Cahill, JT, Luiz, Ivanovic, Azpi
Cech, Turnbull, Hilario
A backup keeper would be nice and we could use another CB, but I'd be quite happy with the squad.
Maybe I'm higher on Lukaku, De Bruyne and Chalobah than you guys though

We actually need him, we can loan him back to southhampton for a season. When cole is off we need two good LBs and bertrand/shaw would do the job are young and english perfect match for us..

Dont know why anybody is complaining and buying shaw would not destroy bertrands chances. And he is 17 and already a good LB in the premier league. I would love him here he will be world class in 4-5 years...

We actually need him, we can loan him back to southhampton for a season. When cole is off we need two good LBs and bertrand/shaw would do the job are young and english perfect match for us..

Dont know why anybody is complaining and buying shaw would not destroy bertrands chances. And he is 17 and already a good LB in the premier league. I would love him here he will be world class in 4-5 years...

PVA on loan as well tho. So shaw isnt really needed imo

PVA on loan as well tho. So shaw isnt really needed imo

Luke Shaw at age 17 has shown far more potential than either PVA or Bertrand in my opinion. He looks like he could be genuinely world-class whereas I'm not sure Bertrand could and PVA is still untested in the Premier League.

Since when is young English talent not needed?

Luke Shaw at age 17 has shown far more potential than either PVA or Bertrand in my opinion. He looks like he could be genuinely world-class whereas I'm not sure Bertrand could and PVA is still untested in the Premier League.

My thoughts excactly mate

It's rare these days for top footballers to actually support Chelsea in this country. It always seems to be Arsenal or Livershite, with a few of them liking Man Utd.

There'd be more heart in a player who actually supports the club and is a great player than playing some Dutch guy who's suspect at defending yet good at going forward (PvA) and likely supports Ajax or something. There is room for sentiment in football, and when a great player comes along, people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss him.

I can still absolutely not believe he is 17. I haven't seen an English 17 year old be this good since, what, Rooney? Maybe Wilshere?

In an ideal world I'd buy Shaw, bleed him into the team as Cole's deputy and sell Bertrand in part-exchange to Southampton so he can finally be a starting Premier League full-back, maybe with PvA being a back-up option here once Cole leaves and Shaw is #1. I just don't feel either Bertrand nor PvA are good enough for us as starters.

By 19 he could be shite, buy him and loan him out for a few years and see, sure, but Bertrand has earned his place and PVA will be a good back up, plus their different types of players, if you need a more defensive set up bertrands your man, need some attacking? PVA's there, Balance is the key.

Anyway no real point arguing since you've already made your mind up after a handful of good performances against us...ignoring the fact bertrand passed a real test, playing the champion league final admirably.

By 19 he could be shite, buy him and loan him out for a few years and see, sure, but Bertrand has earned his place and PVA will be a good back up, plus their different types of players, if you need a more defensive set up bertrands your man, need some attacking? PVA's there, Balance is the key.

Anyway no real point arguing since you've already made your mind up after a handful of good performances against us...ignoring the fact bertrand passed a real test, playing the champion league final admirably.

There seems to be this myth that one can only watch players if they're playing us. I've actually seen him in a few games and he's been nothing short of impressive in each.

Shaw could be shit, but isn't that the chance you take with young players? There aren't any guarantees so you judge them on what they show you and he's shown more at age 17 than either of the other two did by age 20. By that logic, don't you think he is a more promising youngster and don't you think we should be in the business of buying promising youngsters?

Ashley Cole made his Arsenal debut when he was 18 in the League Cup.

Luke Shaw is 17 and has been amongst the best and most consistent full-backs in the Premier League this season.

Just, yeah.

Dale Johnson@dalejohnsonESPN

RE Luke Shaw to Chelsea and being loaned straight back to Southampton. Prem rules state a player can't be loaned out the same window signed.

That obviously only applies to Premier League clubs and not to Football League or foreign clubs (Courtois, Butland for example)

Dale Johnson@dalejohnsonESPN

RE Luke Shaw to Chelsea and being loaned straight back to Southampton. Prem rules state a player can't be loaned out the same window signed.

That obviously only applies to Premier League clubs and not to Football League or foreign clubs (Courtois, Butland for example)

Isn't that wrong?

There seems to be this myth that one can only watch players if they're playing us. I've actually seen him in a few games and he's been nothing short of impressive in each.

Shaw could be shit, but isn't that the chance you take with young players? There aren't any guarantees so you judge them on what they show you and he's shown more at age 17 than either of the other two did by age 20. By that logic, don't you think he is a more promising youngster and don't you think we should be in the business of buying promising youngsters?

No, thats often been more the exception to the rule then the rule,

If you bothered reading my post i said buy him and loan him and see what happens,im all for buying young players, but you need experience not just talent.I just dont think the other 2 should be cast aside just yet either, especially not for a 17 year old no matter how much promise he's apparently showed.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You