Étienne Capoue Joins Spurs

Melanicus

How's he with the ball? Because I think we've already got decent ball-winning midfielders in Luiz and Ramires and a capable holding mid in Mikel. I would like a ball-playing mid in one of the two pivot positions. The link between our defence and Mata/Oscar/Hazard is so weak right now

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capoue for £8m or Fellaini for £22/£26m?

How about Capoue £8m AND Benat £15m ?

Capoue can play as CB too and both players will not require high wages.

Romeu on loan, Essien and Lamps out.

ST:Ba / Torres replacement (Maybe Lewandoski or Bony)

AM/Wingers: Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Marin

CM/DM: Benat, Capoue, Mikel, KDB

LB/RB/CB: Cole, Terry, Ivanovic, Azpil, Cahill, Luiz,

2 years later when Chalobah and/or Josh become chelsea caliber player then we can always sell

Mikel to make some profit and replace with our youth.

How about Capoue £8m AND Benat £15m ?

Capoue can play as CB too and both players will not require high wages.

Great shout :). Would be an astute piece of business, killing 2 birds with one stone essentially instead of just signing Fellaini.

Doubt they would make an immediate impact but in summer at least we have to buy a dm like capoue and a dlp. i do not know much about Extlebarria, but Capoue is about as classy as it gets for a young, combative, intelligent number 6 with all the technical and physical attributes. I am sure he would flourish here after some time, esp when we continue with this overrated 4-2-3-1.

Here's a good vid analyzing Capoue's game on the basis of a match highligh video

8 tackles and 5 interceptions is already impressive in one game, but he does this all season long.

Metro the only source???

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-capoue-arsenal-chelsea-bayern-163314314.html

An article on the German Eurosport website confirms our interest, but it's from the 14th December. By then, according to Eurosport, besides Arsenal and Chelsea, Bayern Munich are also interested in signing Capoue, if Tymoschuck leaves them. Arsenal seems to be in favor, I don't wonder about that with so many French in the squad. Still, I think, Capoue is an interesting prospect and should surely be worth that price.

Seems like Chelsea are always interested after the fact when Arsenal are first interested in a player. The one I was curious about but only saw the club linked in the Metro was Imbula from Guingamp. They call him a young Patrick Viera. He's 20 I think and the club want a minimum of 6 million for him. Capoue would be great and I'd like to see him signed over Fellaini whom Moyes said isn't going anywhere this season and why should they. Everton are in the race for top four. I know they have losses but they could sell him in the summer. Better to go after Imbula or Capoue in January.

• 3 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You